Long Beach site picture

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Glenn Duensing
Car#: 28
Location: Relaxin' and chillin' on the third rock from the Sun.

Re: Long Beach site picture

Post by Glenn Duensing »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Grant Heathman wrote:..., expect for Jay W.
Respect or Except? :D

Solo Trials are out there because of the allowed speed that's shown in the rule book is in DIRECT conflict with the allowed speed Irvine has dictated. What is 'actual' with solo2, porche and others is not so relevant.

Jay W
If there is a speed limit, please let me know what it is. The issue can be addressed.
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Glenn Duensing wrote:
Jayson Woodruff wrote:

Solo Trials are out there because of the allowed speed that's shown in the rule book is in DIRECT conflict with the allowed speed Irvine has dictated. What is 'actual' with solo2, porche and others is not so relevant.

Jay W
If there is a speed limit, please let me know what it is. The issue can be addressed.
I'll ask, but I believe it's 65 or 55. The idea is it's no different than a public street.

Jay W
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:

Jay W

Uh, the site is used for 1/4-mile acceleration tests... they're obviously going way faster than 65mph. :?
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

Re: AMCI @ El Toro, isn't Tom Burke still the ultimate man in charge? That's who I used to deal with regarding the facility, but that was two or three years ago.
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Steve Lepper wrote:Re: AMCI @ El Toro, isn't Tom Burke still the ultimate man in charge? That's who I used to deal with regarding the facility, but that was two or three years ago.
No, it's guy named Bobby, I've forgotten the last name. He's at the Marina del Rey office.

And I'm willing to bet that when R&T and Motor Trend brought the GT-R out for acceleration tests they exceed 65 by a large margin.