Points/Standings

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Matt Cipolla
Club: CASOC
Car#: 401

Points/Standings

Post by Matt Cipolla »

Hey guys, I've been calculating my points based on the formula in the supp regs, but I was wondering if there is anywhere on the site that lists the current points totals for the everyone in each class. I know it's obviously early in the year, but I was just curious... Thanks!
Santa Monica Acura Sales - http://www.smacura.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.facebook.com/cipolla.matt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.twitter.com/MatthewCipolla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Re: Points/Standings

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Matt Cipolla wrote:I know it's obviously early in the year
Exactly Matt. Christine is our points keeper and she hasn't gotten to updating the current yearly totals. I'm sure she will as soon as she can. Or she'll reply here and let you know the status.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Once you are logged in, it's listed (or will be listed) under "Event Results" subforum from the main forum page :-D
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

I typically wait a week after an event to update the points. This makes it so that any corrections that Rick Brown gets can be incorporated before I do the points and they can be as accurate as possible the first time.

And needless to say, I didn't do any points after the first event because I assumed it was kinda obvious what everyone's position was ;)

As QV started, when I do post this year's point, they will be in thread in the Event Results area.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:Once you are logged in, it's listed (or will be listed) under "Event Results" subforum from the main forum page :-D
I think he's asking for 2011 Yearly standings for now.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

:D :thumbup:
Matt Cipolla
Car#: 401

Post by Matt Cipolla »

Cool...makes sense! :thumbup: Thanks guys.
Santa Monica Acura Sales - http://www.smacura.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.facebook.com/cipolla.matt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - http://www.twitter.com/MatthewCipolla" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Dumb question (I can't say novice anylonger) AVG. I gather that is because I ran alone this event, and since I had competition in the first event and placed first I got the max 100 points. Looking at the total I have 200 out of a possible 200. However as we run more events and I hopefully draw some competition will the value for the second event change? Sort of wondering how the average works.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Arthur Grant wrote:Dumb question (I can't say novice anylonger) AVG. I gather that is because I ran alone this event, and since I had competition in the first event and placed first I got the max 100 points. Looking at the total I have 200 out of a possible 200. However as we run more events and I hopefully draw some competition will the value for the second event change? Sort of wondering how the average works.
See section 7.4 in the supplemental regulations. http://solo2.com/supp_regs/SCCA_Cal_Clu ... s_2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A driver’s average shall be calculated per the following formula:

A = t/E

A = The average to be calculated
t = Total points earned by the driver in his/her Class
E = Number of CSCC Solo Regional Championship events the driver competed in and earned points in.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:Dumb question (I can't say novice anylonger) AVG. I gather that is because I ran alone this event, and since I had competition in the first event and placed first I got the max 100 points. Looking at the total I have 200 out of a possible 200. However as we run more events and I hopefully draw some competition will the value for the second event change? Sort of wondering how the average works.
See section 7.4 in the supplemental regulations. http://solo2.com/supp_regs/SCCA_Cal_Clu ... s_2011.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
A driver’s average shall be calculated per the following formula:

A = t/E

A = The average to be calculated
t = Total points earned by the driver in his/her Class
E = Number of CSCC Solo Regional Championship events the driver competed in and earned points in.
In addition, your class has to exist (minimum of 2 drivers) in at least 1/2 of the events to earn an average.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

In addition, your class has to exist (minimum of 2 drivers) in at least 1/2 of the events to earn an average.[/quote]

So now I have to market BSP. Your making me wish I had a co-driver.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Arthur Grant wrote:So now I have to market BSP. Your making me wish I had a co-driver.
You could always try to talk Tom and Marshall into coming back to BSP...no wait...
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Arthur Grant wrote: So now I have to market BSP. Your making me wish I had a co-driver.
You can run SSM.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:So now I have to market BSP. Your making me wish I had a co-driver.
You could always try to talk Tom and Marshall into coming back to BSP...no wait...
You say that like it's a bad thing. I realize I would be last place, but I would be third, much better than going to pax, and they would have to catch up since I have two wins :lol: I have a BSP counterpart in Kris Choi, if he isn't going to buy a points card (which he should) running in Novice doesn't buy him anything. Not that I am that good but I can encourage and mentor.
Apparently Leonard Baptiste is in a similar position, I don't see him in the point standings with his 350Z, but at the last event he took 5th in CST, but would have been first in BSP with his 51.344 vs. my 52.989. I believe if the car had been runing right I could have had 52 flat, but still second place. Chasing him though would have been fun. I am going to run BSP regardless but there are a couple of other cars that could come play, give me a something to chase, and potentially win themselves a jacket at year end that prefer to play elsewhere and running mid pack. Is CST a national class?
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Arthur Grant wrote:Is CST a national class?
No, it's a local class.

Our local classes consist of:
CST, CSM: Run what you brung classes.
Historic: Older than specified date based upon class, but meets a SCCA class of preparation otherwise.
ST1/2: SCCA Stock class cars, running SCCA ST/S class legal tires, based uopn SCCA classing.
TRK: a truck class
Senior: SCCA classed cars, based upon drivers age.
Plus an all electric class, but I don't know it's three letter code.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Craig thanks

So it isn't unreasonalbe to suggest that a car that is uncompetitive in say CST but could run BSP and be competitive should consider doing so? I realize the BSP rules don't have a lot of likely competitors. I don't expect to see a 289 Cobra, Ferrari 250 or Daytona 365, come out very often. But one the Boxster/Cayman, 350Z, or BMW E35 or E46 should be availabe and interested. S2000's abound, but maybe I don't really want them around.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

I don't remember, do the Pro Solo or National Tour events get converted over to Cal Club points? I think our divisional did last year? Do either Pro Solo or National Tour have PAX or do I get to play with a full field for those events?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Arthur Grant wrote:I don't remember, do the Pro Solo or National Tour events get converted over to Cal Club points? I think our divisional did last year? Do either Pro Solo or National Tour have PAX or do I get to play with a full field for those events?
Tour and Pro are not points events, they have money instead ;) .
Divisional is a local event and does have points.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...