March 20 Championship - Videos/Photos

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Club: CASOC
Car#: 13

March 20 Championship - Videos/Photos

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Here's my 3rd and fastest run. Blew the right hander on the crossover, but other than that was fairly happy with it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YzJIvPJVAg&hd=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tetsu Fukui
Club: No$
Car#: 308

Re: March 20 Championship - Videos/Photos

Post by Tetsu Fukui »

Here's mine. 67.716
Not my best performance, I think I forgot how to clean things up in 3 runs. Gotten too familiar with the 4 run system...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAHbG5rhmfM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Vincent Wong
Club: PSCC
Car#: 107

Post by Vincent Wong »

Todd Victoria
Car#: 79

Post by Todd Victoria »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-0CnvojL0U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Vincent Wong wrote:Here's my best run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZauCsSQhi8

How wet was it for your work group? I left at lunchtime and am curious. Am thinking about SK1 for the pro myself.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

pics from *most* of the morning group: http://www.ikonique.com/El_Toro_032011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (full frame, untouched)

Christine and I kind skipped out half way through the 3rd run group (basically morning groups).. it was just too much sand blasting. I was getting itchy eye, and I was pretty sure Christine was gathering pyramids in her eye from trying to keep them open.

Sunday was mostly a test for the auto focus on the new camera, and with the long lens, these are basically all freeze frames. The card with the panning shots were acquired by Marshall for their videos, so I won't have those pics up til I get that card back.. :P

hopefully when I go back out for the Pro, it won't be nearly as windy..
Last edited by Jeff Shyu on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete Loney

Post by Pete Loney »

My "BS" runs from the second run group on Sunday. I was running Street tires BTW.

Trying out some new video/GPS/OBD Iphone Software, Harry's Laptimer Pro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-2_Cc0_4Zw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Pete Loney

Post by Pete Loney »

Jeff Shyu wrote:pics from *most* of the morning group: http://www.ikonique.com/El_Toro_032011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (full frame, untouched)

Christine and I kind skipped out half way through the 4rd run group.. it was just too much sand blasting. I was getting itchy eye, and I was pretty sure Christine was gathering pyramids in her eye from trying to keep them open.

Sunday was mostly a test for the auto focus on the new camera, and with the long lens, these are basically all freeze frames. The card with the panning shots were acquired by Marshall for their videos, so I won't have those pics up til I get that card back.. :P

Nice shots! How do we pay you for a digital copy. I am interested in the very last (#466) shot of me. #777 BS, White S2000. NICE and close to the cones!
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Jeff Shyu wrote:pics from *most* of the morning group: http://www.ikonique.com/El_Toro_032011/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (full frame, untouched)

Christine and I kind skipped out half way through the 4rd run group.. it was just too much sand blasting. I was getting itchy eye, and I was pretty sure Christine was gathering pyramids in her eye from trying to keep them open.

Great pics Jeff :thumbup:
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

@Shyu
Perfect framing on 717. Perfect.
I like the gallery you picked.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Michael Palero wrote:@Shyu
Perfect framing on 717. Perfect.
I like the gallery you picked.
I dunno if you civic guys know this, but you guys probably contribute 5% of global warming with the cloud of smoke you spew out on those left hand turns .. :lol:
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Lisa exploring the less frequented parts of the course.. :D

and I swear some of these ST guys' tires are ready to pop the bead.. so many of them show massive sidewall rollover in the pics :shock:

Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

street tires like to "deflect" ;)
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

That 600 is so sharp!

Looks like I had to "leave" to get you out shooting AX ... glad you are! :thumbup:

Hope you can shoot the Tour and ProSolo ... make sure you show your photos to Philip Royle/Sports Car magazine
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Christine and I were just talking about the "learning process". if we had backed up another.. ~20 feet or so.. it would have made framing the shots a lot easier..

oh well, next time.. :)

I plan to be at the pro-solo, but I dunno about making it down to SD. First order of business is to get new-BIGGER memory cards. shooting in machine gun mode fills the 4 gig cards way too fast.
Vincent Wong
Car#: 107

Post by Vincent Wong »

Pete Loney wrote:
Vincent Wong wrote:Here's my best run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZauCsSQhi8

How wet was it for your work group? I left at lunchtime and am curious. Am thinking about SK1 for the pro myself.
It wasn't too bad, just enough to make the course slippery. It rained heavier when we were packing up the trailer. And I guess the really heavy stuff came after that.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Thanks Jeff. Since half your pictures seem to show our car being loose, I think we have a problem!! :D
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Max Hayter wrote:Thanks Jeff. Since half your pictures seem to show our car being loose, I think we have a problem!! :D
you should see the full size pictures. half of them have sand/dirt/small rocks flying sideways from the wind.

I don't think sunday's a very good day to base handling evaluations on.. :lol:
Tadd Ekstrand
Car#: 152

Post by Tadd Ekstrand »

Jeff Shyu wrote:
Max Hayter wrote:Thanks Jeff. Since half your pictures seem to show our car being loose, I think we have a problem!! :D
you should see the full size pictures. half of them have sand/dirt/small rocks flying sideways from the wind.

I don't think sunday's a very good day to base handling evaluations on.. :lol:
How do we order digital copies from you?
Tadd Ekstrand
STS 91 Honduh Civie Si Iamokwithmysexuality blue

New avatar courtesy of Mako Koiwai.

Speed never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary... that's what gets you
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jeff Shyu wrote:Christine and I were just talking about the "learning process". if we had backed up another.. ~20 feet or so.. it would have made framing the shots a lot easier..

oh well, next time.. :)

I plan to be at the pro-solo, but I dunno about making it down to SD. First order of business is to get new-BIGGER memory cards. shooting in machine gun mode fills the 4 gig cards way too fast.
What camera are you shooting with? Fry's has a 16GB HP SD card on sale for $27 with a $7 mail in rebate. For Fontana on a NASCAR weekend like the one I am doing this weekend and LBGP which I will be shooting in April, I typically carry 2 bodies and 3-6 16GB and 2 8GB digital cards. At long beach I can easily fill 16GB. Can't believe you just carrying 4GB.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jeff you might want to come down to San Diego to practice the pan a little more. To many of the shots have the wheels frozen. Likely the downside of the long lense. Where you have the car tight to the cone or a head on shot it's not noticeable but for the profile shots it stands out a lot.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Arthur Grant wrote:Jeff you might want to come down to San Diego to practice the pan a little more. To many of the shots have the wheels frozen. Likely the downside of the long lense. Where you have the car tight to the cone or a head on shot it's not noticeable but for the profile shots it stands out a lot.
actually, NONE of those shots shown were real panning shots. they were all from the 600, which really isn't going to work with panning. the disc with the panning shots are on the disc that Marshall and Christine hijacked for video.. :P

and I carry a whole stack of 4 gigs, not just (1) 4 gig.. :P it's just with the new camera, 4 gigs lasts literally half as long as it did with the 40D.. :o
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Jeff Shyu wrote: actually, NONE of those shots shown were real panning shots. they were all from the 600, which really isn't going to work with panning. the disc with the panning shots are on the disc that Marshall and Christine hijacked for video.. :P

and I carry a whole stack of 4 gigs, not just (1) 4 gig.. :P it's just with the new camera, 4 gigs lasts literally half as long as it did with the 40D.. :o
...wait I wasn't supposed to format that card?

haha j/k.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

600 mm, 1/20th of a second panning shot ... by Kazuya, Yuki's photo friend:

Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

haha.. I admit that it's POSSIBLE, but if i was shooting 1/20 panning shots all the time with the 600, i'm sure my keeper rate would plummet through the floor.

as is, the pictures i linked above are actually EVERYTHING from the cards, without removing any pictures. I was pretty happy with the keeper rate.