ProSolo Challenges

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

ProSolo Challenges

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Congrats Bill and Christine on winning the Super Challenge and Ladies' Challenge! :gpower: :gpower: I wish I could've stayed to watch.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: ProSolo Challenges

Post by Rick Brown »

Congrats to all the winners!

Bill was pretty amazing, as was Craig Naylor who was 2nd. They both did a great job of being consistent and dispatching their opponents. No easy wins, just good driving including Bill cutting one .5xx reaction time after another including a .506. It was almost scary to watch. No question they both earned their spot in the final two.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Rick Brown wrote:Congrats to all the winners!

Bill was pretty amazing, as was Craig Naylor who was 2nd. They both did a great job of being consistent and dispatching their opponents. No easy wins, just good driving including Bill cutting one .5xx reaction time after another including a .506. It was almost scary to watch. No question they both earned their spot in the final two.

Thanks Kurt and Rick!

Yeah, that .500 against Brian Peters was NOT part of the game plan! :shock: Not that I had a game plan other than not getting spanked too badly in the first round by Bob Endicott.

I've never made it past the second round before, but with all the help I've been getting, with a special thanks to AX guru, Toby-wan Larsson, it was a matter of just not getting too much in the way of my car :ibrightdea:

To win at home, in front of all my friends made it all the more wonderful for me - my feet still have not touched the floor. :D
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Jeff Shyu
Car#: 0

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Christine, showing Bill that she's been to this rodeo a few times before.. :lol:

I think Christine ran out of ammo first though, here's Bill giving chase

Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

Jeff Shyu wrote:
I like the screen grab of your own gallery! :lol:
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

it's my party, and I'll cry if i want to! :lol:
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Very cool ... thanks for grabbing those shots!

Damm ... does that mean Bill's going to be wearing his Lucky support hose at all future events! :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Michael Smith
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

How about that Bonus Challenge!
First time autocrosser Guillermo Clark goes out and wins.
It was very cool to see his 5 second head starts.
Congrats!
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Michael Smith wrote:How about that Bonus Challenge!
Congrats!
Jack Tsou finished 2nd in the Bonus and he was SUPER ampped. I caught him in the back of paddock literally running around in circles with a big ass grin.

Is Guillermo on here? Congrats to him. Frankly he looked very consistant on the tree and smooth on course. That alone will get you very deep in the bracket.

Good job to Bill and Christine as well. Lots of excellent driving just to put you in the position to win the challenges.

Jay W
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Michael Smith wrote:How about that Bonus Challenge!
Congrats!
Jack Tsou finished 2nd in the Bonus and he was SUPER ampped. I caught him in the back of paddock literally running around in circles with a big ass grin.

Is Guillermo on here? Congrats to him. Frankly he looked very consistant on the tree and smooth on course. That alone will get you very deep in the bracket.

Good job to Bill and Christine as well. Lots of excellent driving just to put you in the position to win the challenges.

Jay W
I was teasing Jack before the bonus, he was very nervous :) Way to go bro, you rock :thumbup:

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
Michael Wood

Post by Michael Wood »

Guillermo's win is pretty amazing...not only his first Pro, his first AUTOCROSS...ever!

Congrats to Bill and Christine and thanks to Cal Club for putting on another great event. Lots of fun and I'm glad I was able to be there :)
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Michael Smith wrote:It was very cool to see his 5 second head starts.
Depends on where you were sitting. From the start line.......not so good. :lol:

He certainly did a great job and deserved the win!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

George Schilling wrote:
Michael Smith wrote:It was very cool to see his 5 second head starts.
Depends on where you were sitting. From the start line.......not so good. :lol:

He certainly did a great job and deserved the win!
So true. He certainly had the dial-in working for him, but in order to take a win like that you need to improve on every run all while stay calm, cool, and clean. Not an easy task for anyone under that pressure, let alone a newbie. :thumbup:
Mark D.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

The pressure certainly made it unlikely, but he had the advantage of learning curve. Incremental improvements in the better drivers he went up against like George are hard to come by, but for a newbie each run is a chance to get better and better. Of course he had nothing to lose and may not have even known he should be nervous, after all he was getting bonus runs.
Last edited by Arthur Grant on Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Arthur Grant wrote:The pressure certainly made it unlikely, but he had the advantage of learning curve. Incremental improvements in the better drivers he went up against like George are had to come by, but for a newbie each run is a chance to get better and better. Of course he had nothing to lose and may not have even known he should be nervous, after all he was getting bonus runs.
he was making noticeable improvement each and every run from where Doug and I were standing. the application of gas and brakes turns from erratic and .. hesitant?.. to be much smoother and confident.