The Tirerack SoPac Divisional - Register before June 12th!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: The Tirerack SoPac Divisional is Open for Business

Post by George Schilling »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:B Stock George?

I AM DISAPPOINT
I'm disappointed in the demise of BS. It used to be a fun class.

The CM car has issues. Not yet ready for it's debut.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

George Schilling wrote:
Aaron Goldsmith wrote:B Stock George?

I AM DISAPPOINT

STR killed BS.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Hi George,

I'm signed up for both days, but I might only go Saturday. Should I just leave it, in case I go? If I don't go, do I get charged for it?

thanks,

Steve A.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Steve Abbott wrote:Hi George,

I'm signed up for both days, but I might only go Saturday. Should I just leave it, in case I go? If I don't go, do I get charged for it?

thanks,

Steve A.
If you let us know before the event begins, you can get a credit. If you just don't show on Sunday, you'll forfeit the fee. That said, I hope to see you both days. You'd be a favorite to win some money. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

thanks George for the answer. One more question. Is there a run order? Will it be like our normal Championships with a morning group, afternoon group?

thanks again.

Steve A.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Steve Abbott wrote:thanks George for the answer. One more question. Is there a run order? Will it be like our normal Championships with a morning group, afternoon group?

thanks again.

Steve A.
The run order won't be determined until sometime after the end of early registration on June 12. The entrants will be analyzed and groups balanced to equalize workers. Our normal championship run order won't have any bearing on the final order run order. The normal rotation will resume for the event following the divisional.
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

George Schilling wrote:

What do you mean? It still seems to be quite competitive, with you, Max and Seb all fighting it out for top honors... Oh wait. You weren't referring to the announcer job? Different BS. :D I still think Max is leading, though.
Mark D.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Can I announce at the Divisional? :D
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Max Hayter wrote:Can I announce at the Divisional? :D
Cush jobs for the Divisional need to have applications submitted in triplicate with the appropriate "processing fee".
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Rick Brown wrote:
Max Hayter wrote:Can I announce at the Divisional? :D
Cush jobs for the Divisional need to have applications submitted in triplicate with the appropriate "processing fee".
I constantly let George beat me at Wordfeud - I should be a shoe in!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Byron Goodman
Car#: 757

Post by Byron Goodman »

Byron Goodman wrote:George,
Can I change my Class to BS NOV? I registered before I saw the posts that we can run in the novice class.

Thanks!
Byron

Actually, a correction to my original request - I signed up originally as SK1 BS, but it seems to be able to get my Novice points, I should instead be running in the B Stock group - am I right?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Byron Goodman wrote:
Byron Goodman wrote:George,
Can I change my Class to BS NOV? I registered before I saw the posts that we can run in the novice class.

Thanks!
Byron

Actually, a correction to my original request - I signed up originally as SK1 BS, but it seems to be able to get my Novice points, I should instead be running in the B Stock group - am I right?
Doesn't really matter. Christine will be going by name to re-class/re-number people where they are currently earning points for the Championship events. So as long as you don't use a pseudonym, you'll be fine.

(He says confidently, having no idea exactly how Christine does it, just an educated guess. ;) )
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

You guys need to pound the Hell out of the fact that Early registration closes on June 12 and then fees skyrocket. I think that's a colossal mistake and will bite you in the ass. But that said, start SCREAMING from the roof tops that you need to register by June 12. If I woke up the week before the event and tried to register only to find I had to pay an extra $50 per entry, I would skip the event.

My opinion. }:)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:You guys need to pound the Hell out of the fact that Early registration closes on June 12 and then fees skyrocket. I think that's a colossal mistake and will bite you in the ass. But that said, start SCREAMING from the roof tops that you need to register by June 12. If I woke up the week before the event and tried to register only to find I had to pay an extra $50 per entry, I would skip the event.

George did scream that last week on all the message boards I frequent. Perhaps you mean do it again though.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Wiggy Greacen

Re: The Tirerack SoPac Divisional - Register before June 12th!

Post by Wiggy Greacen »

I'm going to register in the next few days as 99 STU. No screaming required. Really. Owner is Ben Clement STU 199. See you in a few weeks.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

I still don't know if I can attend (for sure). I'm willing to register if I can get a full refund if work plans change. Other wise I'm in the boat Steve stated, that if I wait until I know 100%, there's no way I'm paying an additional $50.00!

I guess those who decided the pricing structure (since it was not during a Board meeting) must have jobs where they control their work schedule, and are not at the whims of others creating a schedule. I get wanting to have an idea how many will attend in advance to help in planning process, and offering a discount for such, but wheres our cost increase to substantiate the $50.00 price increase for those who can't commit two weeks out? The National Tour and Pro Solo only have a $36.00 late penalty, and they have paid staff to consider!

I agree BAD, decision. (in my opinion)

Craig
Steve Ekstrand wrote:You guys need to pound the Hell out of the fact that Early registration closes on June 12 and then fees skyrocket. I think that's a colossal mistake and will bite you in the ass. But that said, start SCREAMING from the roof tops that you need to register by June 12. If I woke up the week before the event and tried to register only to find I had to pay an extra $50 per entry, I would skip the event.

Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Marshall Grice »

Craig Naylor wrote:I still don't know if I can attend (for sure). I'm willing to register if I can get a full refund if work plans change. Other wise I'm in the boat Steve stated, that if I wait until I know 100%, there's no way I'm paying an additional $50.00!

I guess those who decided the pricing structure (since it was not during a Board meeting) must have jobs where they control their work schedule, and are not at the whims of others creating a schedule. I get wanting to have an idea how many will attend in advance to help in planning process, and offering a discount for such, but wheres our cost increase to substantiate the $50.00 price increase for those who can't commit two weeks out? The National Tour and Pro Solo only have a $36.00 late penalty, and they have paid staff to consider!

I agree BAD, decision. (in my opinion)

Craig
I'm in the same boat as Craig. At this point If it's going to cost me 50 on top of plane tickets down from seattle i'm probably a no show.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Technically, you have until midnight June 17 to decide since you can cancel without penalty until that date.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Rick Brown wrote:Technically, you have until midnight June 17 to decide since you can cancel without penalty until that date.
I realize my work situation is not typical, for me it's not a matter of deciding to take a day or two off, it's a matter of 4-6 weeks of work / or not. Considering I'm out of work until a new contract's signed (for the manuf 's project I work on), I may not know until a day or two prior if I can attend.

We typically only need to "pre-register" by midnight on the second day prior, works great for my work situation. Otherwise theirs a minor fee increase for day of registration. But there's no pre reg requirement, or advance pay mandate. I don't see the need to require such here, and specifically the 62.5% penalty fee on top of the registration fee. Most government imposed penalties for being late aren't half that bad, and those would not apply until after the "event".

There are those who keep preaching make things easier and more friendly to increase numbers. This draconian penalty dosen't give me a happy warm feeling.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Craig Naylor wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:Technically, you have until midnight June 17 to decide since you can cancel without penalty until that date.
I realize my work situation is not typical, for me it's not a matter of deciding to take a day or two off, it's a matter of 4-6 weeks of work / or not. Considering I'm out of work until a new contract's signed (for the manuf 's project I work on), I may not know until a day or two prior if I can attend.

We typically only need to "pre-register" by midnight on the second day prior, works great for my work situation. Otherwise theirs a minor fee increase for day of registration. But there's no pre reg requirement, or advance pay mandate. I don't see the need to require such here, and specifically the 62.5% penalty fee on top of the registration fee. Most government imposed penalties for being late aren't half that bad, and those would not apply until after the "event".

There are those who keep preaching make things easier and more friendly to increase numbers. This draconian penalty dosen't give me a happy warm feeling.
Thanks for your comments Craig. I understand your dilemma, but it's really not as dire as you're making it out to be. The reason for the draconian penalty as you put it is so that we have time to organize and analyze run and work groups and assign work positions. As this is very time consuming, the penalty is imposed to ensure that all but a few will have registered on time so we can properly organize the competition. Perhaps next year you could volunteer for the position of organizing this portion of the competition and we can adjust this portion of the event as you see fit.

As for competing on this weekend, your choices are two fold. Sign up for the divisional and cancel by the 17th for a full refund if you can't make the event. If you cancel and ultimately find out you can compete, for the same $80 you can still sign up for the normal points competition for both days and still get the same number of runs as everyone else. This represents a only slight increase over the usual fee. You are still welcome to join us for the Test n Tune, and I'll bet we can find some extra food for you at the welcome party. Doing it this way would exclude you from the cash prizes or tee shirt. Bragging rights and the ability to accumulate points are still in play. :)

While I'm sorry about your dilemma Craig and Marshall, this event is a major undertaking requiring much more work and planning than a normal event. Naturally, we'd love to see you both attend the event and hope you're both able to make one of these options work for you.
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Anyone have any options for overniters in campers? I know we can't stay on site, but someone must have worked something out maybe for the Pro or something.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Bill Martin wrote:Anyone have any options for overniters in campers? I know we can't stay on site, but someone must have worked something out maybe for the Pro or something.
There's the traveland USA right outside of marine way.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

KJ Christopher wrote: George did scream that last week on all the message boards I frequent. Perhaps you mean do it again though.
The people who will miss it aren't the ones on the boards every minute. Its the ones who will log in a week before the event to get info.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote: George did scream that last week on all the message boards I frequent. Perhaps you mean do it again though.
The people who will miss it aren't the ones on the boards every minute. Its the ones who will log in a week before the event to get info.

I'm been messaging or texting the folks I know that might not have signed up yet. Everyone send out a couple messages to your less connected friends.
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:There's the traveland USA right outside of marine way.
Unless you know something I don't, that won't help. They have a small overnite lot which can be reserved for customers. Is kept chained at night. I'll come up with something, but I thought we might have had several overniters at the Pro Solo -- they had to go somewhere.