The Tirerack SoPac Divisional - Register before June 12th!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jason Munchhof
Club: PSCC
Car#: 808

Re: The Tirerack SoPac Divisional - Register before June 12th!

Post by Jason Munchhof »

Tom Dobyns wrote:In looking at the run/work order, I'm assuming that it is the same for both days?

Correct?
Yes. BTW, excellent job at the last event. Cya in grid.
Gary Thomason
Car#: 0

Post by Gary Thomason »

Jason Munchhof wrote: Yes. BTW, excellent job at the last event. Cya in grid.
Hmm. Sounds to me like more of that Munchof "snark" Warren was talking about on the other forum }:)
GT
Jason Munchhof
Car#: 808

Post by Jason Munchhof »

Gary Thomason wrote:Hmm. Sounds to me like more of that Munchof "snark" Warren was talking about on the other forum }:)
Damn it Gary, it was a genuine compliment... but now that I read it again. :lol:

Should be a fun weekend.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Has the contingency money/payout been finalized yet? So how much is it, and does it only go to the first place winner, or is it 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (depending on class size obviously). Would like to know so I can make a decision on what class to run.

Also, for the test and tune, could someone give some more info on it? Who designed the course, what will be the approximate length, any insight as to what the course will look like? How much per run? I've seen some good and some really bad test and tune courses, so just trying to figure out if I should come for it or not.

Thanks guys
James
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

James Yom wrote:Has the contingency money/payout been finalized yet? So how much is it, and does it only go to the first place winner, or is it 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (depending on class size obviously). Would like to know so I can make a decision on what class to run.

Also, for the test and tune, could someone give some more info on it? Who designed the course, what will be the approximate length, any insight as to what the course will look like? How much per run? I've seen some good and some really bad test and tune courses, so just trying to figure out if I should come for it or not.

Thanks guys
James
The awards will follow the trophy allotment listed in the Divisional Supp Regs. If you get a trophy, you get an award.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

James Yom wrote:Has the contingency money/payout been finalized yet? So how much is it, and does it only go to the first place winner, or is it 1st, 2nd, and 3rd (depending on class size obviously). Would like to know so I can make a decision on what class to run.

Thanks guys
James
It looks like you are signed up in STX driving a civic...Don't worry about prize money, I've seen you drive a civic. You probably shouldn't come on Friday, there is no way the practice course will meet your high standards.
As a matter of fact you should probably just cancel your entry. :lol:
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

The cash awards *were* finalized until you switched classes. The short answer is the larger the class the more money to be paid out. The largest class pays 5 deep. The smallest eligible class pays 1 spot. First place pays more in the larger classes. Smallest first place award is $100.
Course is being done by Jayson Woodruff. Last year's was one of the best practice courses I've ever seen......also done by Jayson. Price is 3 runs for $10.
Last year's was about 40 seconds I believe. I will look similar to other autox courses. We'll use orange cones that will be in chalked boxes. :P

All kidding aside, it should be good. Come on out.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jesus Villarreal wrote:I got an email that said my SCCA membership number was incorrect, I logged onto Motorsports reg and changed it, it just needed an underscore between the last two numbers, I hope this didn't/doesn't cause any problems.

Jesus

Ok, off topic, but I would love to hear some of the stories I am certain you have, when you can seriously and legitamately sign a not Jesus? :thumbup:
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

I hope none of you thought I was trying to be snotty with my inquiry about the test and tune, but having been to my fair share of "test and tunes," I've seen plenty that are a waste of time. Test and tunes should be very straightforward courses that are very easy to remember and have just the basic elements, ie 6 cone slalom, high speed offset, sweeper, etc. The bad ones are when people try to make it just like a regular autox course and be "creative." A good test and tune course should almost be boring, becuase it's so easy to drive. When I need to take 3 runs just to learn the course, it's not really helping me "test and tune" the car. A good test and tune course should allow a driver to replicate his runs consistently after the first run. Just my 2 cents.

James
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

James Yom wrote:I hope none of you thought I was trying to be snotty with my inquiry about the test and tune, but having been to my fair share of "test and tunes," I've seen plenty that are a waste of time. Test and tunes should be very straightforward courses that are very easy to remember and have just the basic elements, ie 6 cone slalom, high speed offset, sweeper, etc. The bad ones are when people try to make it just like a regular autox course and be "creative." A good test and tune course should almost be boring, becuase it's so easy to drive. When I need to take 3 runs just to learn the course, it's not really helping me "test and tune" the car. A good test and tune course should allow a driver to replicate his runs consistently after the first run. Just my 2 cents.

James
Jayson did a great job last year with a course just as you described. Hopefully, he'll hit another home run run with this one.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Jesus Villarreal

Post by Jesus Villarreal »

[quote="Arthur Grant"
Ok, off topic, but I would love to hear some of the stories I am certain you have, when you can seriously and legitamately sign a not Jesus? :thumbup:[/quote]

I get called Jose quite a bit... maybe I should sign in as "Not Jose" LOL
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

James, I was just trying to poke a little fun. The way I figure, you must be able to take it since you can dish it out so well. :mrgreen:
Cam Correa
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 306

Post by Cam Correa »

I'll agree & thank you for posting the question, because I plan to bring my wife to this event & want her to ride with me during the T&T & hoped it will be a fun course.
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Jesus Villarreal wrote:[quote="Arthur Grant"
Ok, off topic, but I would love to hear some of the stories I am certain you have, when you can seriously and legitamately sign a not Jesus? :thumbup:
I get called Jose quite a bit... maybe I should sign in as "Not Jose" LOL[/quote]

So like does anyone ever use the englsh pronunciation. Is it ok with you? Thanks for humoring me. Test n Tune sounds great, but really looking forward to the BBQ. Is the same guy running the T&T timing and scoring. I guess he makes the solo bumper sticker with the cones? Didn't have any last year. Hope he has some this year.
Jason Uyeda

Post by Jason Uyeda »

So what if we want to run this weekend, but forgot to register }:)
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Jason Uyeda wrote:So what if we want to run this weekend, but forgot to register }:)
Virtually everyone in authority is at the venue. I can register you, just need to know class, number (2 digit SCCA style numbering) and car type. Probably won't get a free t-shirt. Need to know ASAP.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

So excited! I was told I had to work the next 3 days & was backing out of the race due to that. :(

But due to double booking I was cancelled & will now be out there to dominate my Class. :thumbup:
Michael Smith
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

Help!
I need to switch work groups for Sunday. My daughters recital is earlier than I thought.
Is anyone willing to trade their long 3rd Work Group with my short 4th Group?
Chiefs, is it possible to move me if I cannot find anyone?

Thanks,
Michael

(Group 3 ended at 2:49pm Sat.)
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Had planned on posting 1st day results, but totally forgot to bring the file with me. Sorry about that. Image
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

Rick Brown wrote:Had planned on posting 1st day results, but totally forgot to bring the file with me. Sorry about that. Image
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Hey if anyone found a big silver gustbuster umbrella, I lost it at the sunday event. I think it has my name on the edge somewhere in sharpy.
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Local points have been updated!

and a bump to see if anyone found Aaron's umbrella.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Thank you Christine