NOTLD NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Tom Phillips
Club: No$
Car#: 185

NOTLD NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE

Post by Tom Phillips »

There is a new run/work group on the flyer!
4 groups – Runs are as posted. Work Groups do not change on the fly.
The upside -
PAX is now in Group 1.
All Ladies will run with open class.
And for more Bang For Your Buck, there will be 4 runs each group.
Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: NOTLD NOTICE-NOTICE-NOTICE

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Tom Phillips wrote:There is a new run/work group on the flyer!
4 groups – Runs are as posted. Work Groups do not change on the fly.
The upside -
PAX is now in Group 1.
All Ladies will run with open class.
And for more Bang For Your Buck, there will be 4 runs each group.
If you want a post to be an announcement I can do that.. no need to fragment any discussion by posting it in every forum separately.
AGoldsmith
Site Admin

Post by AGoldsmith »

In fact, that's what i'll do. All the other posts deleted.
Steve Coe
Car#: 75

Post by Steve Coe »

Am I stupid... no don't answer that, just tell me when STS2 runs. 'cause I don't see it

thanks
Steve "Blind as a Bat" Coe
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

now you know how we have time for 4 runs ;)
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Steve Coe wrote:Am I stupid... no don't answer that, just tell me when STS2 runs. 'cause I don't see it

thanks
Steve "Blind as a Bat" Coe
STS2 shows up as ST2. Dates back to our old software that limited class names to 3 characters (plus an L for ladies).
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kathy Teulie
Car#: 96

Post by Kathy Teulie »

I do appreciated they have added 4 runs to try to make it more fun for the competetors, but I would prefer to have 3 runs instead of 4 for the following reasons:

1) This is an event where you do not want it to go extremely late
2) If someone has a car issue such as spilling oil on the course, the event could get very delayed
3) With only 4 groups, the work assignments will be really long
4) Making the event drag on into the early morning hours is a safety issue for the event and for tired competitors driving home.
5) Tearing down the course at the end of the event isn't fair to the event organizers if it is really late

Kathy
Last edited by Kathy Teulie on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Kathy Teulie wrote:I would prefer to have 3 runs instead of 4 for the following reasons:

1) This is an event where you do not want it to go extremely late (I really don't want to run at 4am)
2) If someone has a car issue such as spilling oil on the course, the event could get very delayed
3) With only 4 groups, the work assignments will be really long (I don't want them even longer, especially in the dark)
4) Making the event drag on into the early morning hours is a safety issue for the event and for tired competitors driving home.
5) Tearing down the course at the end of the event isn't fair to the event organizers if it is really late

Kathy
1) Assuming we draw 140, average run group 35 x 4 runs, 140 total. Should be about an hour per group. First run group would have to start at 7 or so, even with major delays, we're packed up and gone by 1 - 1:30. 140 entries could be optimistic.
2) This is pretty rare.
3) Should only be about an hour per group if no delays
4) Again, not very likely
5) You'll be there to help ;)
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Kathy Teulie
Car#: 96

Post by Kathy Teulie »

1) Assuming we draw 140, average run group 35 x 4 runs, 140 total. Should be about an hour per group. First run group would have to start at 7 or so, even with major delays, we're packed up and gone by 1 - 1:30. 140 entries could be optimistic.
If we are going to have 4 runs, we really need to make sure the event starts on time.

I haven't been to the night race for the last two years, but I normally have been racing about 2 or 3am and packed up later than that. This was even with a very short course and 3 runs.
Last edited by Kathy Teulie on Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Kathy Teulie wrote:Every time I have done the night race I have been racing about 3am and packed up later than that. This was even with a very short course and 3 runs.
That's WAAAAAY past my bedtime. :D

On the bright side, we won't have to worry about traffic on the way home. :D
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Casey Brier
Car#: 806

Post by Casey Brier »

I have been in the hospital for a week, so I am way late.... but this sucks.

I have/had some friends that were going to come out. (newbies).... all well... not any more. (I dont think)
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Casey Brier wrote:but this sucks. I have/had some friends that were going to come out. (newbies).... all well... not any more. (I dont think)
:?: What is it that you do not like? :?:

Lunch Break/Course Walk
3 BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, STS, STU work----> AS, SK2, STX, ST2, TRK
4 AS, SK2, STX, ST2, TRK work -------> BSP, CSP, DSP, ESP, FSP, STS, STU

Is it your run time?

The summer days are hot in August but very nice in the late evening. The tradition of the NOLD event is to run in the dark. Personally I enjoy this event but many don’t like driving home extremely late and falling asleep behind the wheel. In years past the NOLD has finished up as late as 7:00 AM SUNDAY Morning. The living dead description applies to those who stay for the duration. The name of the event was provided by one our most involved club members (a favorite movie).

A long time ago I brought out a friend from my work to the NOLD for his first Auto-X. This was back in the De Vore days. We arrived at the track at 9:00 PM and checked in. The line was lomg at Tec. A Corvette went off track and made a mess of things (kind of like last year when a Corvette broke a coolant hose near the end of the event). Walking at "lunch" went poorly for my novice friend because I could not find him in time. They closed walking early. Then my friend fell asleep in his car waiting for the second to last work group and did not report to work on time (2:00 AM). I had to drag him out of his car and hope he could find the path. Then he drove like crap in the last run group (started at 3:20 AM) and nearly drove off in to the dirt. He never came out to any other Auto-x’s ever again after that. I must have told him 20 times that he needed to pay attention to the run groups and make sure to get a good walk in. You know how it is your friends know all bout everything and can’t listen. Driving home was possible the worst part of the evening for me (4:00 -5:30AM). My passenger (who did not drive in the event) was very upset and wanted me to find a hotel. The event is a part of our club's history. I don’t think is it the best event for new drivers, friends or spectators that don’t have a car that they can drive home when they want to. But every driver friend, or spectators is different.

Some more info on the event---->
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=489

Please note---->
Rick Brown wrote:.NOTLD Pre-Reg is Closing.... ..at 10:00 pm on THURSDAY, not Friday as usual. Sign up now!
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Doug Teulie wrote:
Casey Brier wrote:but this sucks. I have/had some friends that were going to come out. (newbies).... all well... not any more. (I dont think)
:?: What is it that you do not like? :?:
CSP was before 'lunch' until this last change.

Jay W
Casey Brier

Post by Casey Brier »

yeah, sorry I should have put more detail. I'm in pain and wanted to get off the computer.

It's no ones fault, I cant expect event masters to revolve around me and my friends. :) :thumbup:

before, the classes had CSM running with CSP. this made it so a handfull of my friends (which are new) ran the exact same time as me. This made it so I can help them (hold their hands), and made it so all 8 of us can run at the same time. this new way leave NO option for them to run after "lunch".

no big deal. most of them backed out now that we dont run together, even I dont think I will make it since I am STILL in pain and I was thinking I would not be by now.

works out good anyways, I know a lot of people were not wanting the newbies to show up to the night race anyways. they will shoot for next month when its during the day. :) (they can run X runs right?)
"cars...you spend money you don't have, to buy the parts you don't need, to impress the people you don't like....."
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Casey Brier wrote:works out good anyways, I know a lot of people were not wanting the newbies to show up to the night race anyways. they will shoot for next month when its during the day. :) (they can run X runs right?)
It is just the newbies that don't show up early to walk or work that we have issues with. We need new drivers! :thumbup:
Doug T
Casey Brier

Post by Casey Brier »

I know we are looking for new drivers, I just meant that there was concern about new drivers at a night race. :)

no biggy, looks like it works out for everyone. :thumbup:
Doug Teulie

Post by Doug Teulie »

Just got home 4:45 AM. :thumbup:
Doug T
Chuck Fowler
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

Doug Teulie wrote:Just got home 4:45 AM. :thumbup:
home: 0426hrs..................off to work: now :barf:
it's only paranoia if your wrong