SK2 @ GRA

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

SK2 @ GRA

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Wow! I knew it was gonna be close, but I had no idea how close! .05 separating 1st from 3rd. BTW, now that I see how much I have to beat Morgan by, I'm belatedly pissed the Mini got booted from GS and they tweaked the Pax so much since }:) I was so stoked I beat him on raw time for the first time ever that I completely forgot about that little detail. Great drives, Morgan and Jeff. Sorry your day got cut off, Morgan!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Morgan Trotter
Club: PSCC
Car#: 61

Re: SK2 @ GRA

Post by Morgan Trotter »

Great driving Kurt!

SK2 is a lot of fun, the index is kind of a pain sometimes but its still fun. I think the mini will suit you just fine for SK2 this year. Courses with less room for more powerfull cars to stretch their legs out will be better for you. More twisties and you are in there!

p.s. if i can keep the car running and from catching on fire... ill do my best to not let you beat me "raw" again. ha ha
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Morgan is right. I used to love the SRT4 in slaloms compared to the rally slugs in STU. But stock to stock compared to a Mini, the Neon gets roasted in slaloms and hard transitions.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Steve Ekstrand wrote: the Neon gets roasted in slaloms and hard transitions.
More literal than normal yesterday. (sorry, had to be said).

Jay W
Steve Coe
Car#: 75

Post by Steve Coe »

Morgan set fire to the class, then his car!

Thanks GRA I had a great time. I gotta get up there more often.

edit for Morgan ;)
Last edited by Steve Coe on Mon May 23, 2011 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Morgan Trotter

Post by Morgan Trotter »

That's what she said!
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

A great battle! Super driving, Kurt, Morgan & Jeff. One-thousandth of a second FTW!!!

Also, congrats to Mr. Yanase for kicking my butt, to Marshall, to Max (ouch, physical pain in paying him a compliment!), etc., etc.

I hope Morgan's fire didn't torch too much of the wiring and such. And Toby, hope you get the BMW's engine running right...sounds like it was really gargling on a rich mixture.
Toby Larsson
Former CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Toby Larsson »

Doug Kott wrote:A great battle! Super driving, Kurt, Morgan & Jeff. One-thousandth of a second FTW!!!

Also, congrats to Mr. Yanase for kicking my butt, to Marshall, to Max (ouch, physical pain in paying him a compliment!), etc., etc.

I hope Morgan's fire didn't torch too much of the wiring and such. And Toby, hope you get the BMW's engine running right...sounds like it was really gargling on a rich mixture.
I wanted to see if there was any potential running with a 4 cylinder 318 engine, it didn't work....

Going in to Bisimoto this week for tuning, should be back stronger than ever at the next event.
http://www.elitetint.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; http://www.osgiken.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Toby Larsson wrote:I wanted to see if there was any potential running with a 4 cylinder 318 engine, it didn't work....
Is the Isetta engine next? :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Haha.. That's Toby. Always weighing all the options! :D
Awesome SK2 battle! :thumbup: It doesn't get much closer than that! And props to anybody who can out-pace Scott McHugh.
Mark D.
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

Morgan Trotter wrote:Great driving Kurt!

SK2 is a lot of fun, the index is kind of a pain sometimes but its still fun. I think the mini will suit you just fine for SK2 this year. Courses with less room for more powerfull cars to stretch their legs out will be better for you. More twisties and you are in there!

p.s. if i can keep the car running and from catching on fire... ill do my best to not let you beat me "raw" again. ha ha

Oh where am i ?? All this nicey, kissy :heyes: kissy Morgan, I thought this was SK2? Morgan You suck, you got lucky, i had bad tires ,my turbo wouldnt spool , there was no school zone , I drive a subaru and it didnt rain, give me back my pax letters :( P.S. want some bubble gum??
Last edited by Tom Denham on Mon May 23, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Nice driving Kurt!
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Tom Berry wrote:Nice driving Kurt!
Thanks, sensei. It was the best I've ever driven, and I came in third. :lol:
==============
Morgan Trotter

Post by Morgan Trotter »

You did great Kurt! Kicking SK1's arse is always pretty cool to see. SK2 is supposed to be slower than SK1, but our 3rd place is faster than thier 1st!

Tom, quit crying and drive faster! bring your best game to the divisional. your hankooks got nothing on my Kumhos!

MT

Unless it rains....
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

Morgan Trotter wrote:You did great Kurt! Kicking SK1's arse is always pretty cool to see. SK2 is supposed to be slower than SK1, but our 3rd place is faster than thier 1st!

Tom, quit crying and drive faster! bring your best game to the divisional. your hankooks got nothing on my Kumhos!

MT

Unless it rains....
Long Day at work??? Dude your S@#T talking is much better than that, come on, sock it to me -tube sock. :computer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-Q8ru3oVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3r2mUj3HK0&NR=1