SCCA Lincoln ProSolo - Results

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

SCCA Lincoln ProSolo - Results

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Lincoln, Nebraska (links below)
* notable info:
  • Our very own Jeff Wong wins STX beating out Andy Hollis by 4/10ths.
  • Also James Yom, almost wins STR. 2nd place by 2/10ths from 1st.
  • The Berry mobile comes in 1-2 in BSP: Tom Berry, and future son-in-law Marshall Grice.
  • Bill Schenker - 3rd in CSP
  • The Berry mobile comes in 1 in L2-Ladies Class 2: Christine Berry (who also came in 2nd in the Ladies Challenge) beating out Katy Nichols.

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Re: SCCA Lincoln ProSolo - Results

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Man, i feel bad for any ladies coming from other parts of the country. The West coast has had almost a lock on ladies pro solo for years now. :lol:
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

I listened to all four days (Pro + Tour) on Ustream. Whilst this may say something about my lack of anything to do last weekend, it was great to have live commentary being streamed via bluetooth to my stereo from my Android Tablet. I even had it on outside while I did some gardening.

For the Tour, Yom got his revenge by winning STR over a 27 driver field. Really fantastic performance. I think Jason Munchof won XP in Sean's ASP Lotus with Katy in 3rd.

I highly recommend Ustream if you want to listen in to the Pro/Tours, combined with the SCCA Sololive results feed sponsored by ChaseCam. Heyward does a fantastic job of making it fun and interesting.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

I was working on cars most of the weekend and had the live feed going in the garage. It was very cool to be able to keep up with the event as it progressed.

Not so much fun to hear Bill and Kjs cars were being towed off course though...
Mark Duerst
Club: GRA
Car#: 173

Post by Mark Duerst »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:Man, i feel bad for any ladies coming from other parts of the country. The West coast has had almost a lock on ladies pro solo for years now. :lol:

No kidding
L1 - 1st Barbara, 2nd Leslie, 4th Nicole
L2 - 1st Christine, 2nd Katy
Challange - 1st Barbara, 2nd Christine, 3rd Leslie

This group will be close to the same spots (the order of finish may change) at the finale.

And it was very nice to listen to it on sololive - except the hiss for about an hour when the generator died.
Mark Duerst
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Were there weather issues on Sunday? I see many classes (inc. STS, CS) that ran 3-5 seconds slower on Sun than Sat. Others like ST, improved times.
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Craig Naylor wrote:Were there weather issues on Sunday? I see many classes (inc. STS, CS) that ran 3-5 seconds slower on Sun than Sat. Others like ST, improved times.
It rained early Sun am and was wet for the first 2 run groups. Standing water on about 1/3 of the course for the begining of the 1st group.
That is what I am blaming my big harry spin on. :)
Bill Schenker
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Craig Naylor wrote:Were there weather issues on Sunday? I see many classes (inc. STS, CS) that ran 3-5 seconds slower on Sun than Sat. Others like ST, improved times.
Wet Sunday for first heat, and drying for 2nd. All heats dry on Monday (what I believe you're calling "Sunday").
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Bill Schenker wrote:
Wet Sunday for first heat, and drying for 2nd. All heats dry on Monday (what I believe you're calling "Sunday").
Thanks for the clarification Bill. Didn't know it was a Sun/Mon vs. Sat/Sun event.

If it was dry on the 2nd day, what was the issue that had AS, BS, CS, ES, STS (and several others) all running 3-5 second slower on the second day vs. the first day. While there are considerable coneage increases in these classes, even with out cones the times are slower across the board.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Max Hayter wrote:I listened to all four days (Pro + Tour) on Ustream. Whilst this may say something about my lack of anything to do last weekend, it was great to have live commentary being streamed via bluetooth to my stereo from my Android Tablet. I even had it on outside while I did some gardening.

For the Tour, Yom got his revenge by winning STR over a 27 driver field. Really fantastic performance. I think Jason Munchof won XP in Sean's ASP Lotus with Katy in 3rd.

I highly recommend Ustream if you want to listen in to the Pro/Tours, combined with the SCCA Sololive results feed sponsored by ChaseCam. Heyward does a fantastic job of making it fun and interesting.
Thanks Max! Normally I'd make fun of the fact that you have no life or were gardening over the weekend, but I'll just be nice and say thanks ;)
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Bill Schenker wrote:
Thanks for the clarification Bill. Didn't know it was a Sun/Mon vs. Sat/Sun event.

If it was dry on the 2nd day, what was the issue that had AS, BS, CS, ES, STS (and several others) all running 3-5 second slower on the second day vs. the first day. While there are considerable coneage increases in these classes, even with out cones the times are slower across the board.
I think everyone's getting the Tour and the Pro confused. If you want to know weather for the ProSolo, it was dry but cool and overcast (Toyo weather) on the 1st day, and on the 2nd day, the first few heats had a damp surface from small rain showers that came and went. The racing line had become totally dry by the time STR ran, and when I lost my first day lead :cry:
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

James You need a new avatar, i keep thinking it is Palero, with glasses.
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

here's a video from the lincoln pro. Data says I made one mistake but otherwise it's probably my 3rd best run ever for me.

http://youtu.be/TcgFgNJUk-c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Don Salyers
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Craig Naylor wrote: Thanks for the clarification Bill. Didn't know it was a Sun/Mon vs. Sat/Sun event.

Craig, on the first day 2 of the slaloms opened up and on the second day they closed up---the other 2 slaloms where about =distant between. One of them ended up being a total non-lift straight on the first day and very tight on the last 2 cones on the second day.

Don
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Marshall Grice wrote:here's a video from the lincoln pro. Data says I made one mistake but otherwise it's probably my 3rd best run ever for me.

Interesting. But it makes my eyes hurt! :lol:
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

Awesome Marshall
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Marshall Grice

Post by Marshall Grice »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Marshall Grice wrote:here's a video from the lincoln pro. Data says I made one mistake but otherwise it's probably my 3rd best run ever for me.

Interesting. But it makes my eyes hurt! :lol:
You just have to look ahead and its fine
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Imagine that in 3D, or would it be 4D ?! :? :D
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

At what point did you make your mistake and what was it? Obviously I am a piker at this but looked like a really good run from what I saw. By the way although I find the car image funky, I appreciate your posting the run with data, as I am sure Randy does. Would love to see a post on how (generically no secrets) use the data to focus on improving your performance.
Marshall Grice

Post by Marshall Grice »

Arthur Grant wrote:
At what point did you make your mistake and what was it? Obviously I am a piker at this but looked like a really good run from what I saw. By the way although I find the car image funky, I appreciate your posting the run with data, as I am sure Randy does. Would love to see a post on how (generically no secrets) use the data to focus on improving your performance.
at the 0:06-0:07 mark i miss my turn in point due to me not getting off the gas, thus missing the apex cone on the left at 0:07. I was behind and had to over brake and delayed my throttle on point coming out of the turn at 0:09. It cost me 0.3 secs. I guess at the last turn my chicken lift going into the last straight cost me about 0.1 sec but that's not much of a mistake.
Last edited by Marshall Grice on Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Marshall Grice wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:
at the 0:06 mark i miss my turn in point due to me not getting off the gas, thus missing the apex cone on the left at 0:07. I was behind and had to over brake and delayed my throttle on point coming out of the turn at 0:09. It cost me 0.3 secs. I guess at the last turn my chicken lift going into the last straight cost me about 0.1 sec but that's not much of a mistake.

Wuss.
:lol:
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Marshall Grice wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:
at the 0:06-0:07 mark i miss my turn in point due to me not getting off the gas, thus missing the apex cone on the left at 0:07. I was behind and had to over brake and delayed my throttle on point coming out of the turn at 0:09. It cost me 0.3 secs. I guess at the last turn my chicken lift going into the last straight cost me about 0.1 sec but that's not much of a mistake.

Thank you, will go back and re watch. Do you left foot brake?
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Marshall Grice wrote:at the 0:06-0:07 mark i miss my turn in point due to me not getting off the gas
You mean you were overaggressive with the gas? I'm shocked...SHOCKED! :lol:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Tom Berry
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Marshall Grice wrote:
Arthur Grant wrote:

Thank you, will go back and re watch. Do you left foot brake?
In turbo car? um... yea! :)
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

You don't drive for Tom and NOT left foot brake... I think he asks me at every event, "Are you left foot braking?" :D
Mark D.