SCCA Rocky Mountain ProSolo - Results

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Pikes Peak International Raceway (Adobe Acrobat PDF files - URL links)
Notes:
  • James Yom - 2nd in STR, 3rd in the Super Challenge
  • Mike Simanyi - 1st in SM
  • Katy Nichols - 2nd in Ladies Class 2 (losing out to Beth McClure-Strelneiks who also won the Ladies Challenge)
  • Bill Schenker - 1st in Bump Class 2 (beating out his nemesis Matt McCabe, who happens to win the Super Challenge)
  • Barbara LeRoy-Boehme - 1st in Ladies Class 1 (SD region but notable because she beat out Corvettes in a Dodge Neon SRT-4 ACR...Steve Ekstrand would be proud!)
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Re: SCCA Rocky Mountain ProSolo - Results

Post by Craig Naylor »

While maybe not "note"-able ^ a few other SoCal competitors also made the trek out to Colorado Springs:

Paul Russell - 1st in F125
Jonathan Clements - one out of trophies in F125
Eric Clements - who (I understand) basically built a second kart out of spare parts overnight to continue on Sunday
Mary Clements - Jack (jane?) of all trades in the timing trailer
Ron Chapman - DS
Myself - 1 out of trophies in STS, competing against a car with LAUNCH CONTROL!!! Watch out ST it's your next Need To Have upgrade.

Craig
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

The host region(s) put on a great event.

Course:
While limited by lot size, the course (Keven Youngers design) was fast and technical.
Food:
Dinner was provided both Friday (Pulled Pork/Turkey BBQ)and Saturday (Zeti bake).
A roach coach was on site for lunch Sat & Sun. (Closest food offsite was ~ 9 miles one way.)
Saturday night activities:
Bracketed, Pro-Solo Big Wheel competition, on customized razor big wheels. (Did better here than in the competition, with
team mate, we took 2nd over all in the Finale) Each of the winning teammates received a free entry into either the Tour in
three weeks, or the '12 Tour or Pro hosted by the region.
Senna movie
Computer Sim - racing
Shade / Air Conditioning:
Shaded paddock spaces were provided for those with single cars (no trailers, rigs etc) under the raceway grandstands.
Air conditioned restrooms w/ flushies.
Air conditioned room track-side we could escape the warm days (and rain) into.

All in all, even though I only accomplished one of the three things I personally went out hoping to do, I had a GREAT time.

My only gripe, was that by mid Sat morning, there was only one clean line. Thank you CSCC for investing in the blowers we have. Had they had the capability, it would have made a big difference in my weekend.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:SCCA Rocky Mountain ProSolo - Results...
[*]Bill Schenker - 1st in Bump Class 2 (beating out his nemesis Matt McCabe, who happens to win the Super Challenge)....
On the same day as Ferrari finally wins one: coincidence? I think not!!! :heyes:
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Morgan Trotter
Car#: 61

Post by Morgan Trotter »

I got a 1st in B1 and Ron was also in B1 not DS.
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Bill Schenker wrote:
[*]Bill Schenker - 1st in Bump Class 2 (beating out his nemesis Matt McCabe, who happens to win the Super Challenge)....
On the same day as Ferrari finally wins one: coincidence? I think not!!! :heyes:
Did Matt have a "bungled pit stop"? Or did he give you a gift because that's how Ferrari got that win at Silverstone against Vettel and Red Bull. X-mas came early for the tifosi. We now return you to your regularly scheduled broadcast of Red Bull 1-2 podium wins next week at the Cathedral of race tracks..........Nurburgring :)
Last edited by Giovanni Jaramillo on Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Bill Schenker wrote:
So that WAS a pig I saw soaring through the sky on Sunday! I thought I was going crazy!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Here's a link to one of my ChaseCam videos from the event (flying pigs not included...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEFwzNWk ... ideo_title
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP