SCCA Colorado National Tour - Results

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Giovanni Jaramillo
Club: PSCC

SCCA Colorado National Tour - Results

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Also this is the Mountain States Championship round from Pikes Peak International Speedway in Fountain, Colorado.

Click here --> Final Results

Notes:
  • Bill Schenker - 1st in CSP (congrats Herr Schnekker!) by 0.129 secs!
  • Andy Hollis - 1st in ST (making a note as he's won probably almost every tour he's entered in ST this year so far)
  • Bob Tunnell - 1st in EM (my former co-driver at the Atwater ProSolo, in a 1946 Jeep YC-J)?? Guy can drive a tractor trailer and would still place 1st :)
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Re: SCCA Colorado National Tour - Results

Post by Don Salyers »

Gio, The Jeep is a modified Legacy chassis with a Turbo Cobalt engine that happens to look somewhat like a Jeep. The reason for the year (1947), 80" by about 50" wheel base and width.... Del Long build---to beat the little green bugeye.... My bet is on the Bugeye :!: :!:

Don
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote:Also this is the Mountain States Championship round from Pikes Peak International Speedway in Fountain, Colorado.

Click here --> Final Results

Notes:
  • Bill Schenker - 1st in CSP (congrats Herr Schnekker!) by 0.129 secs!
Nearly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! This puts me 2/3 of the way to the Triad Award.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Nearly snatching defeat from the jaws of victory! This puts me 2/3 of the way to the Triad Award.[/quote]
Congrats Bill!... That Tim Aro guy is no slouch. Berry Family Racing is definitly rooting for you on the Triad Award !!!!
Giovanni Jaramillo

Don Salyers wrote:Gio, The Jeep is a modified Legacy chassis with a Turbo Cobalt engine that happens to look somewhat like a Jeep. The reason for the year (1947), 80" by about 50" wheel base and width.... Del Long build---to beat the little green bugeye.... My bet is on the Bugeye :!: :!:
Thanks for the explanation Don.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Giovanni Jaramillo wrote: [*]Andy Hollis - 1st in ST (making a note as he's won probably almost every tour he's entered in ST this year so far)
[*]Bob Tunnell - 1st in EM (my former co-driver at the Atwater ProSolo, in a 1946 Jeep YC-J)?? Guy can drive a tractor trailer and would still place 1st :)[/list]

Except check out the biggest event of the year. The Memorial Day Spring Nationals at Lincoln. Andy had trouble against the Wong. I think Jason Franks, Craig Mankiewicz, and Will Kalman were right there if not ahead as well. But yeah, he's looking really tough going into Lincoln. You know it will be, as my 7yo says, "EPIC!"

The Jeep is major cool. It needs a lot of development. Its a brand new car. The chassis is something oval track... Legacy car? Something like that. CG is a little too high. Not sure the Cobalt motor is the way to go. But it was available and cheap. Internals are all stock. There is a lot more potential in the Jeep than what has been seen so far, or will be seen this year. But to do battle against the KFR Sprite.... We know what that little monster is capable of.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Giovanni Jaramillo

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Except check out the biggest event of the year. The Memorial Day Spring Nationals at Lincoln. Andy had trouble against the Wong. I think Jason Franks, Craig Mankiewicz, and Will Kalman were right there if not ahead as well.
Yeah I did remember one event (as I do post the results) and noticed he did get beat, but since then, he has been on fire.