From the NOTLD Event Chair

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jason Munchhof
Club: PSCC
Car#: 808

Re: From the NOTLD Event Chair

Post by Jason Munchhof »

Jeff Ringer wrote:did you see james yom in sk1..WOW! .....street tires s2000 running 32 flat ... good for second in AS...

faster then all the ss cars

:o
I heard that Yom dude has skills, but there's something fishy with his times. :?
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Jason Munchhof wrote:
Jeff Ringer wrote:did you see james yom in sk1..WOW! .....street tires s2000 running 32 flat ... good for second in AS...

I heard that Yom dude has skills, but there's something fishy with his times. :?
Yes, there is something fishy. He took his first two runs on street tires. The 32 sec runs were on Hoosiers. Rick hasn't made the correction yet.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

FACT: GRA members can't see at night.
Scott McHugh
Club: GRA
Car#: 45

Post by Scott McHugh »

For not seeing at night, GRA did ok... Top pax and 4 in the top 12, maybe 11 if James' fast times were really on Hoosiers. Jeff can probably see at night, but you're right Aaron, I can't.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

George Schilling wrote:
Jason Munchhof wrote:

Yes, there is something fishy. He took his first two runs on street tires. The 32 sec runs were on Hoosiers. Rick hasn't made the correction yet.
looks like Rick did make the correction, just in the wrong direction. In the results i see the first 2 and last 2 laps having the same times. We had a lenghty discussion about this in the trailer because i screwed up putting the number in the computer and was too affraid to reclass him due to fear (realisticlly) of crashing the entire computer system by doing so. It was just too damn late to try and pull that off.
Benedict Natividad
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 985

Post by Benedict Natividad »

the event was very fun! it was my first time and i had a blast! thanks to instructors leonard and tom for all the advices. i can't wait to go to the next one.
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Oops wrong thread...

Wasn't James Yom in r-comps for at least a couple runs?
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

I would LOVE to have been that fast but those times are wrong.

Sorry for all the confusion folks. I ran my first 2 runs of the night on street tires during heat 2 for class points, and then my other 2 runs in heat 4 on Hosers to begin getting myself acclimated to R-comps (for Nationals). It was approved by the event chair, and I let the timing folks know before the heat began, but there were a lot of other things going on there, and it was past 1am, so the results are a lil screwy.

So to clarify, the 2 runs showing in AS, are my actual times for SK1. The 32.2 and 32.0 times were on the R-comps and should not be used for points or anything like that. They can be discarded or put as "time only."

All I can say is WOW. It's been a few years since I kicked the Hoosier habit on the S2000, but Holy JC, I couldn't believe what the car was doing. I think I'm readdicted to the black crack... I just need to stop driving like a granny!