8/16 Results Posted

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

8/16 Results Posted

Post by Rick Brown »

Preliminary results are posted on the main site (click on logo at the top left of this page).

These are not audited yet. Took a lot just to fix the 2 pages of errors I found initially. Some caused by hard to read numbers and/or missing class letters, some by simply tired computer operators.

Please email me with errors you see at rickracer at quixnet dot net or just PM me.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 11

Re: 8/16 Results Posted

Post by Marshall Grice »

So Sebastian, you say Shauna likes the new car huh? :oops:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I believe that Danica Patrick, Shauna Rios, Lisa Berry, Andy Hollis, and Kendra Motonishi should all be forced to carry 100lbs of ballast.

Signed,
Robbie Gordon
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Marshall Grice wrote:So Sebastian, you say Shauna likes the new car huh? :oops:
It's working pretty good for her!

Tell George to stop trying to peek up my skirt! :?
Jason Flores
Car#: 886

Post by Jason Flores »

any chance to look at STS results...

i believe kyle williams ran in PAX int he 1st run group

he shows up in both results but belongs in PAX

thanks
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

I've received a number of emails and PM's. I'll update in a couple of days.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Audited results are posted including corrrections I was emailed about. There was a bit of adding and subtracting of cones and DNF's.
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Rick Brown wrote:Audited results are posted including corrrections I was emailed about. There was a bit of adding and subtracting of cones and DNF's.
I e-mailed you about SK1 results Rick.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 18

Post by Michael Palero »

SK2 : 831 Larry Chen
Car driven "GLI" not "GTI"
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Sorry to bug you about this again, Rick, but the results from the May event still have me listed as having run in SK2, rather than as a novice in DS.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Bill Schenker
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

...James Yom's times still seem screwy :D
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Sorry to bug you about this again, Rick, but the results from the May event still have me listed as having run in SK2, rather than as a novice in DS.
Sorry, haven't gotten back to previous events yet, just trying to get the NOTLD mess figured out.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Bill Schenker wrote:...James Yom's times still seem screwy :D
That's what people keep saying but the messages have been confusing and he pre-reg in SK1/AS, ran with SK1 and worked with SK1. I've emailed him, waiting for a reply. Is there some reason he shouldn't be in SK1 or did he find a short cut on course that none of the workers saw or ......?
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Rick, he was the one we had a big conversation about in the motorhome during the 4th group. He ran street tires for 2 runs and R comps for 2 runs, but in my tiredness I don't remember which order he did it in. His R-comp runs should be DSQ runs or something like that.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Marshall Grice
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

he ran his first 2 runs in SK1.

he ran 2 additional runs in the last heat on R-comp tires.

his R-comp times appear to be overwritten on top of his sk1 times, thus his times from when he was on R-comps are being used for his sk1 times.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Christing Berry wrote:Rick, he was the one we had a big conversation about in the motorhome during the 4th group. He ran street tires for 2 runs and R comps for 2 runs, but in my tiredness I don't remember which order he did it in. His R-comp runs should be DSQ runs or something like that.
Marshall Grice wrote:he ran his first 2 runs in SK1.

he ran 2 additional runs in the last heat on R-comp tires.

his R-comp times appear to be overwritten on top of his sk1 times, thus his times from when he was on R-comps are being used for his sk1 times.
Ah yes, now I remember. Not nice to do that kind of stuff to tired T&S people in the middle of the night :sleepy:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Revised (hopefully for the last time) results posted.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Rick Brown wrote:Revised (hopefully for the last time) results posted.

Rick, James Yom's scoring is still not right. You have eliminated the scores for the last two runs from SK1, but his scores did not update to reflect his proper position in the standings. His PAX time is also wrong.

John Fendel will have to change the team scoring to properly reflect the scoring change also.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

George Schilling wrote:

Rick, James Yom's scoring is still not right. You have eliminated the scores for the last two runs from SK1, but his scores did not update to reflect his proper position in the standings. His PAX time is also wrong.

John Fendel will have to change the team scoring to properly reflect the scoring change also.
James only took 2 runs in SK1 (3 if you count the rerun) in the first session, so that's all he gets scored on. Then later in the 4th group, he had switched to different tires and ran with AS. But you are not allowed to run competition in more that one class so I made the last two runs into X-runs. Are you saying his two times in SK1 are not correct or that they are not indexed correctly or what? I don't have the data in front of me, but if you are comparing his indexed time in SK1 and in PAX results, they will not be the same because in PAX results the SK classes get an extra index for being on street tires.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Rick Brown wrote:
George Schilling wrote:

Are you saying his two times in SK1 are not correct or that they are not indexed correctly or what?
It looks like it's not indexing correctly.

In the indexed results, his R-comp times are being used with the SK1/AS index. His index time should be 28.459 with a raw time of 34.490.

In the SK1/AS class results, his index time is listed as 26.407 based on a raw time of 34.490. It should be 28.459 based on the raw time of 34.490.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

1T AS 982 James Yom 2002 Honda S2000 *0.825160 PSCC 35.982 34.490 26.407 -
2T SS 512 Radomin Delgado 2008 BMW M3 *0.834960 43.624+1 34.605 34.497+1 33.590 28.046 1.639
3 AS 705 Tom Tanquary 2000 Porsche Boxster S *0.825160 PSCC 35.464 34.704 37.182+2 34.254 28.265 0.219

It would appear as though the program is still using the fast X(AS) time to calculate the final time even though you moved those times.

34.490 * 0.82516 = 28.459
32.003 * 0.82516 = 26.407

X run entry:
1 AS 982 James Yom 2002 Honda S2000 *0.842000 32.200 32.003 26.946
~Christine Grice
George Schilling
Club Representative

When this error is corrected Rick, see if it also fixed the indexed times. Thanks
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Rick Brown wrote: James only took 2 runs in SK1 (3 if you count the rerun) in the first session, so that's all he gets scored on. Then later in the 4th group, he had switched to different tires and ran with AS. But you are not allowed to run competition in more that one class so I made the last two runs into X-runs. Are you saying his two times in SK1 are not correct or that they are not indexed correctly or what? I don't have the data in front of me, but if you are comparing his indexed time in SK1 and in PAX results, they will not be the same because in PAX results the SK classes get an extra index for being on street tires.
Rick and all the timing ppl,

again I apologize for the confusion in times. I posted all about my activities in another thread, but I should have posted here. I'll copy and paste what I wrote onto here so it will make more sense. I am sorry that it's made life a pain, but the 2 runs I took on R-comps was EXTREMELY helpful for Nationals especially because of no practice/test and tune since June and my late decision of only a couple weeks ago to go to Nationals. I know that San Diego has a test and tune coming up, but from this last weekend there I learned that TnT there is worthless because of the surface. It's still a bit perplexing that with such a large Cal Club contingent going to Nationals, there was no TnT setup at Cal Speedway. Oh well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
James Yom wrote: I would LOVE to have been that fast but those times are wrong.

Sorry for all the confusion folks. I ran my first 2 runs of the night on street tires during heat 2 for class points, and then my other 2 runs in heat 4 on Hosers to begin getting myself acclimated to R-comps (for Nationals). It was approved by the event chair, and I let the timing folks know before the heat began, but there were a lot of other things going on there, and it was past 1am, so the results are a lil screwy.

So to clarify, the 2 runs showing in AS, are my actual times for SK1. The 32.2 and 32.0 times were on the R-comps and should not be used for points or anything like that. They can be discarded or put as "time only."

All I can say is WOW. It's been a few years since I kicked the Hoosier habit on the S2000, but Holy JC, I couldn't believe what the car was doing. I think I'm readdicted to the black crack... I just need to stop driving like a granny!\
George Schilling
Club Representative

Clearly this guy Yom is a trouble maker sent here to wreak havoc on our region. We'll have to keep a close eye on him. :lol:
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!

:D
Rick already fixed the problem, the computer program just didn't go back and recalculate the final indexed result.
~Christine Grice