AROSC Street Performance and Time Trial School Aug 30-31

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Vince Rinner
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 41

AROSC Street Performance and Time Trial School Aug 30-31

Post by Vince Rinner »

We are trying to get additional entries into this event. Alfa Romeo Owners Club of SoCal is a great racing organization and we are not just for Alfa's!

Check out the following link for details...hope to see you out there!

http://www.arosc.org/events/2008/school_aug08.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pat O\'Neal
Club: TCC
Car#: 0

Re: AROSC Street Performance and Time Trial School Aug 30-31

Post by Pat O\'Neal »

BTW, it'll be at the Streets Of Willow Springs.
Ashley Armstrong
Club: CASOC
Car#: 814

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

Hung out with the Alfa club when I was at the Streets last year. They're good people... wish I could go, but I'm wrapped up that weekend.
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Ashley Armstrong wrote:but I'm wrapped up that weekend.
With a little pink bow on top? :?:

kinky.... :mrgreen:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:
Ashley Armstrong wrote:but I'm wrapped up that weekend.
With a little pink bow on top? :?:

kinky.... :mrgreen:
In a rubber suit? }:)

I wish I could do this event, Vince, but no job and no rollbar. :cry:
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Are you guys going to forgo (sp?) the $40 late fee for us since we were just notified about it? :)

Sounds like a great event. I've always wanted to run Streets of Willow, but I've been too scared to do it without instruction first.
Vince Rinner

Post by Vince Rinner »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:Are you guys going to forgo (sp?) the $40 late fee for us since we were just notified about it? :)

Sounds like a great event. I've always wanted to run Streets of Willow, but I've been too scared to do it without instruction first.
You will need to contact Steve Hamilton (his number is on the flyer). They may make a consideration for the late notice but basically we are trying to fill the event with more entries so we can do the event. Look at it this way, with a low number of entries (enough to cover the event), there will be plenty of good instruction time.

Also there are different levels as it's a school. You can run your totally stock street car with stock seat belts, no roll cage and run in the street performance class. It's great for first timers or even young teen drivers. It's only the TT and race groups that need the harness' and roll cages.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

Vince Rinner wrote:Also there are different levels as it's a school. You can run your totally stock street car with stock seat belts, no roll cage and run in the street performance class. It's great for first timers or even young teen drivers. It's only the TT and race groups that need the harness' and roll cages.
this is not a comment on the school, nor people who run it, nor the attendants, this is only a note on SoW.

My friend flipped his integra after dropping a wheel at the chicane at the end of the back straight a few years back. The car went over ??2?? times? he didn't have a rollbar, and miraculously, the driver side survived (ie, didn't collapse), but the passenger side was mushed.

Aaron was about to go for a ride in the passenger seat in that session too..
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Jeff Shyu wrote:
Vince Rinner wrote:Also there are different levels as it's a school. You can run your totally stock street car with stock seat belts, no roll cage and run in the street performance class. It's great for first timers or even young teen drivers. It's only the TT and race groups that need the harness' and roll cages.
this is not a comment on the school, nor people who run it, nor the attendants, this is only a note on SoW.

My friend flipped his integra after dropping a wheel at the chicane at the end of the back straight a few years back. The car went over ??2?? times? he didn't have a rollbar, and miraculously, the driver side survived (ie, didn't collapse), but the passenger side was mushed.

One of the many time I have somehow not died by chance.
Bob Beamesderfer

Jeff Shyu wrote:

Did he drop it at the chicane or the left-hander that follows? A LOT of speed can be carried through the chicane, but you damn well better have the brakes and tires to haul it down for the next corner.
Jeff Shyu

Post by Jeff Shyu »

the last left hander.. he had it going pretty crazy through the chicane, and was trying to catch the car, and then sunk the wheel, and that's all she wrote.
Bob Beamesderfer

That's the one spot on the Streets that will bite hard. Still, there's less chance of a really high-speed off there than on the big track.
Vince Rinner

Post by Vince Rinner »

Jeff Shyu wrote: this is not a comment on the school, nor people who run it, nor the attendants, this is only a note on SoW.

The level of driving allowed as well as the activities you do is determined by the class that you drive in. Street performance is VERY limited in the speed you can carry around the SOW track and I dont think they go onto the track until the second day. In street performance I also believe they do things like wet the skid pad and emergency lane changes and braking on the skid pad but you wont do that in the TT or race groups.

AROSC is one of the safest groups out there but doing any kind of racing/track events has it's risks.

Hope to see some of you out there!
John Coffey
Car#: 250

Post by John Coffey »

the last left hander.. he had it going pretty crazy through the chicane, and was trying to catch the car, and then sunk the wheel, and that's all she wrote.
What's funny is going crazy through the chicane doesn't improve your lap times by much, if anything. A little lift there won't hurt but keeping your foot in it and then trying to save it leads to a big off.
William Chen

Post by William Chen »

This event has been canceled :(

I signed up for racing school and was ready for it !!