Cal Club Divisional in July 18-20

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Aaron Goldsmith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 32

Cal Club Divisional in July 18-20

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Got the link up on the bottom of the board there. Don't forget to sign up everyone. :mrt:
Last edited by Aaron Goldsmith on Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Greg Peng
Club: PSCC
Car#: 908

Re: Cal Club Divisional in July

Post by Greg Peng »

What was the decision on which numbers we should use for our own El Toro divisional event? Is it preferred that we use our CSCC numbers or pick a two-digit number like at a national event? I'm having trouble finding this on the old forum, and I know it was discussed.
Aaron Goldsmith

Greg Peng wrote:What was the decision on which numbers we should use for our own El Toro divisional event? Is it preferred that we use our CSCC numbers or pick a two-digit number like at a national event? I'm having trouble finding this on the old forum, and I know it was discussed.
I believe the preference is that you do nationals style numbers, since the event will be run all nationals style per the scca divisional rules. So the over 199 numbers become.. interesting. I think it's gunna be Second driver is just the one with the higher number on 2 driver cars for people who use 200+ numbers.
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Is it just me, or is the entry list for the SD event not working?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Aaron Goldsmith wrote:
Greg Peng wrote:What was the decision on which numbers we should use for our own El Toro divisional event? Is it preferred that we use our CSCC numbers or pick a two-digit number like at a national event? I'm having trouble finding this on the old forum, and I know it was discussed.
I believe the preference is that you do nationals style numbers, since the event will be run all nationals style per the scca divisional rules. So the over 199 numbers become.. interesting. I think it's gunna be Second driver is just the one with the higher number on 2 driver cars for people who use 200+ numbers.

Not really sure why it's necessary to nats style. Pretty sure the software allows you to link two people as co-drivers no matter what their numbers are so it can create grid assignments based on this. The software can also handle work assignments. Of course I still have to learn how to do all this stuff in the software. :computer:
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Aaron Goldsmith

Rick Brown wrote: Not really sure why it's necessary to nats style. Pretty sure the software allows you to link two people as co-drivers no matter what their numbers are so it can create grid assignments based on this. The software can also handle work assignments. Of course I still have to learn how to do all this stuff in the software. :computer:
Doesn't really matter to me, do know it makes the switching back and forth way easier when you just have to put a 1 on the side of the car or take it off. As a multi-driver car it just makes sense.
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Divisional ?

Post by Tom Berry »

Duh......
Did I miss something ?
The Cal Club divisional is not listed on the " Upcoming Events" section on our home page.
and there is no mention of it being a two day championship when you go to it on the calendar section.
I feel so lost !@! I thought that each day was to count as a local event....has that changed ?
Signed... "Out of Touch"
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Re: Divisional ?

Post by George Schilling »

Tom Berry wrote:Duh......
Did I miss something ?
The Cal Club divisional is not listed on the " Upcoming Events" section on our home page.
and there is no mention of it being a two day championship when you go to it on the calendar section.
I feel so lost !@! I thought that each day was to count as a local event....has that changed ?
Signed... "Out of Touch"
Last I heard, it was exactly as you described it Tom.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Aaron Goldsmith

Did I miss something ?
Signed... "Out of Touch"
Last I heard it was 2 local events for local points and I'm pretty sure I've read everything on both the solo2 board about the divisional series.
Tom Berry

Post by Tom Berry »

Maybe we should add more info so that it is obvious to those of us that are a little slow.
Nicole Wong
Car#: 46

Post by Nicole Wong »

Sebastian Rios wrote:Is it just me, or is the entry list for the SD event not working?
I am waiting on the link to make that button active. :P
Nicole Wong
ProParts USA
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I warned you George. I'm staying out of it.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Did I miss something ?
Signed... "Out of Touch"
Upcoming Events only shows specific event types, i.e., those that are created as flyers on the web site like regular Championships, Practices and Schools. I guess we could copy all the divisional info over into an official flyer (actually two). Bascially we are just going to pull the data from each day of the Divisional and stick it into another event. We will need to know who will need reclassing (like into PAX) and what people's "real" numbers are if we have to use nats style numbering. Then all that info has to be edited into "Championship" results. And I think we decided to edit out the out-of-towners, too. It will be something of a pain.
Tom Berry

Post by Tom Berry »

If you want to "put the word out" regarding the event Rick... maybe your event flyer idea would be a good one.
Currently there is no way for anybody to know for sure by looking at the web site that the event is acually 2 local championships.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Nicole Nagler wrote:
Sebastian Rios wrote:Is it just me, or is the entry list for the SD event not working?
Try this:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... C6072D5907

I've asked for an 'Event Page' on the solo2 site that I can edit (like the champ flyers), didn't get one. Rick, Gio, Will... Any help here?

Each day of the Divisional will count as a 'local championship'. The Timing and Scoring will be a pain, but we've got DAYS afterwards to sort it out and I'll do most of the grunt work. The 'Divisional Results' will be the priority on the day.

Chosen numbers don't really matter. Pick your local numbers if that's all you have, or 'Nats Style' numbers if you prefer them. I've gotten Guy to agree to this, but they never changed the Divisional Sup Regs.

Tom, can you e-mail me about the city permit.

Aaron, can you change the title of this thread to include the date (18-20)

Jay W
Glenn Duensing
Car#: 28
Location: Relaxin' and chillin' on the third rock from the Sun.

Post by Glenn Duensing »

Why are we pulling out visitors for local points for the Divisional when we don't for a Regional? Everybody that ran in SF's Divisional earn SFR points.

Also since this is a formal Divisional and needs to run under the SCCA rules, numbers need to be 1-99. Remember they grid in numerical order.
Nicole Wong

Post by Nicole Wong »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Nicole Nagler wrote:
Try this:
https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... C6072D5907

I've asked for an 'Event Page' on the solo2 site that I can edit (like the champ flyers), didn't get one. Rick, Gio, Will... Any help here?

Each day of the Divisional will count as a 'local championship'. The Timing and Scoring will be a pain, but we've got DAYS afterwards to sort it out and I'll do most of the grunt work. The 'Divisional Results' will be the priority on the day.

Chosen numbers don't really matter. Pick your local numbers if that's all you have, or 'Nats Style' numbers if you prefer them. I've gotten Guy to agree to this, but they never changed the Divisional Sup Regs.

Tom, can you e-mail me about the city permit.

Aaron, can you change the title of this thread to include the date (18-20)

Jay W
That link didnt work for me. . . Sending email. :)
Nicole Wong
ProParts USA
Will Kalman
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:I've asked for an 'Event Page' on the solo2 site that I can edit (like the champ flyers), didn't get one. Rick, Gio, Will... Any help here?
You can send me HTML and I'll put it up on the site as a new page with a link. If by "editable page" you mean a whole different form for Divisional events saved to a database like the regualr events, that's a lot of work for a "one-off".

I *can* add a new "type" of event to the list - "Divisional" - and you can use the regular form.

You can also enter the event on the Calendar section and put whatever text and links you want.

I'm just as confused as everyone else about local points, local chamionships, local classes, contingency, numbers, etc. Even in this thread weve got you saying that we can run regular numbers and Glenn saying we can't. When there's a discrepancy, it needs to be worked out and an announcement made about the actual decision (as opposed to having people work it out by reading the discussion) and the supp regs changed.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

I made up initial Championship event flyers but there needs to be additional info added. I started a thread in the E-Board Forum to discuss. Jay, you're listed as the event chair so you can edit, too.
Mark Duerst
Club: GRA
Car#: 173

Post by Mark Duerst »

That link didnt work for me. . .

I just tried it and it's now working.
They are doing some repairs after an upgrade. :D
Mark Duerst
Jayson Woodruff

Why are we pulling out visitors for local points for the Divisional when we don't for a Regional? Everybody that ran in SF's Divisional earn SFR points..
To encourage the locals. I believe its appropriate for this one event. And it doesn't really matter what SFR did, but you're wrong here, they did pull out non-locals when distributing their season points (http://www.sfrscca.org/solo2/Results/20 ... und06.html).

Also since this is a formal Divisional and needs to run under the SCCA rules, numbers need to be 1-99. Remember they grid in numerical order.
I don't see this in the Solo rules (its in the Tour Sup regs). We'll talk about this off line, but in the future please converse with me off line before posting something contradictory.

Jay W
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:We'll talk about this off line, but in the future please converse with me off line before posting something contradictory.

Jay W
Uh, have you met Glenn?
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Jayson and / or Rick,

Since this will be both a Divisional and count toward local points, do we have provision for people running in their proper National class, yet gaining points for the local class in which they're competing? I'd like Max to be able to run STU in the Divisional and still earn points for the SM championship, and I doubt he's the only person with this problem.

Mike
Jayson Woodruff

Mike Simanyi wrote:Jayson and / or Rick,

Since this will be both a Divisional and count toward local points, do we have provision for people running in their proper National class, yet gaining points for the local class in which they're competing? I'd like Max to be able to run STU in the Divisional and still earn points for the SM championship, and I doubt he's the only person with this problem.

Mike
Yep.

Max is on that list, Michael P, you were until you jumpped classes. It was posted on the old board and will get re-posted in an FAQ I'm working on.

Jay W
Nicole Wong

Post by Nicole Wong »

Dont forget PAX - L :)
Nicole Wong
ProParts USA