Cal Club Divisional in July 18-20

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Ashley Armstrong
Club: CASOC
Car#: 814

Re: Cal Club Divisional in July 18-20

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:Ash, do you want me to switch you over to SK2L. Are you planning on doing SK2L in SD as well? I'd need to talk to Mark to make sure we want to open L's there as well.

Jay W

Please do switch me to SK2L for El Toro, but I'm not planning on attending SD. Thanks much, Jay!
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Should be switched.

Okay, lets get the numbers out. San Fransico put on a great, big event, and I sure would like to at least match that. We're up to 117 pre-entrants right now. I think we're doing pretty good with pre-reg at this point, its just nature for people to procrastinate.

Don't forget, pre-reg entrants get Friday welcome food, Saturday lunch and a t-shirt. One day registrations are available with pre-coordination. We'll only be taking late registration during Friday night ($25 more).

This event really promises fun and competition for all levels of racers, besides the above, we should also have a few vendors there and El Toro is just a really, really nice venue.

Also, remember this event counts as a championship event each day. And for all you hot shoes, we're up to around 20K in the prize purse.

Most of the Chiefs are in place, so we'll be calling for volenteer workers in the very near future (if not today, tomorrow).

Thanks all,

Jay W
Steve Glusman
Car#: 424

Post by Steve Glusman »

OK -- so I'm good with math so the number thing is pretty straight forward to me.....but the class question, well....^&&%^%@#@#$@#%

I signed up for HIST for the El Toro divisional -- what subclass does that put me in? I usually run HIST-HS in our local club but the application didn't seem to ask me that...did it? I think John Edwards is in same boat -- he runs HIST-HSX on his fancy new street tires...

Steve G #424 [locally] #24 - HIST in the Divisional! :?:
Jayson Woodruff

Steve Glusman wrote:OK -- so I'm good with math so the number thing is pretty straight forward to me.....but the class question, well....^&&%^%@#@#$@#%

I signed up for HIST for the El Toro divisional -- what subclass does that put me in? I usually run HIST-HS in our local club but the application didn't seem to ask me that...did it? I think John Edwards is in same boat -- he runs HIST-HSX on his fancy new street tires...

Steve G #424 [locally] #24 - HIST in the Divisional! :?:
The motorsports reg isn't set up to do the complexity of index classes. We'll 'declare' an index at reg check in. SK is in the same boat.

Jay W
Carol Beach-Flaherty
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 999

Post by Carol Beach-Flaherty »

How do we sign up for contingencies?

I just spoke to Jenny White at SCCA to make sure I had the right forms and she said that the only one they are handling is the Bridgestone program.

Can we just submit paperwork at the event?

I apologize if this is already posted somewhere and I just didn't see it. :?
Jayson Woodruff

Carol Beach-Flaherty wrote:How do we sign up for contingencies?

I just spoke to Jenny White at SCCA to make sure I had the right forms and she said that the only one they are handling is the Bridgestone program.

Can we just submit paperwork at the event?

I apologize if this is already posted somewhere and I just didn't see it. :?
Its in the Div FAQ:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay W
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

OMG, I just looked at the event entries out of curiosity. We're at 365!!!!!!!!!!. :o

SD has just under 200. Nice easy going atmosphere......

We're going to be working our butts off :shock:

That's 1095 runs a day or 9 hours of running if we can average a car every 30 seconds.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
John Fendel
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

OMG, I just looked at the event entries out of curiosity. We're at 365!!!!!!!!!!.

SD has just under 200. Nice easy going atmosphere......

We're going to be working our butts off

That's 1095 runs a day or 9 hours of running if we can average a car every 30 seconds.
Relax Rick, no problem. I counted 181 entries for Saturday and 184 for Sunday. The program obviously sums the entries for both days together to get the total.
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Jayson Woodruff

Up to 217 as of this morning!!!

This is over what I thought, and there still several I know will sign up. Its a pretty safe bet we'll be using 5 run groups.

And guess what, we're only 20 away from breaking SFR's entry numbers (236 actually took a run).

Get out your boys.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
Randy Chase
Car#: 98

Post by Randy Chase »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Get out your boys.

Seems a bit early for celebrating.

:shock:
http://www.chasecam.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; VIDEO + DATA
Official provider to SCCA ProRacing, V8Supercars, Mazdaspeed, and more....
http://www.theadrenalinegallery.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Your California dealer for Rossion and Caterham
Chuck Fowler
Car#: 299

Post by Chuck Fowler »

SUNDAY MORNING ONLY, looking for a ride from the SF valley (or surrounding area) to El Torro. i can meet you wherever, just trying to work out leaving my car down there for the weekend. happy to spring for gas or food
thanks
it's only paranoia if your wrong
Cam Correa
Car#: 306

Post by Cam Correa »

Looks like the virgin newbie, (me) will be there on friday in attempts to pass tech & try this out for the 1st time. Image

I'm gonna clean out the messy Car & tie down the Battery & bring my helmet & hope to pass tech.
Please come say hello if you see me in my Stang.

I really have no idea what to expect & can use all the pointers I can get. :|
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you Cam. Been swamped with work and life. Check out our newbie resources:

right side of this page: http://www.solo2.com/

http://www.teamblewracing.com/forum/for ... p?TID=1963

Look me up on Friday. I'll be helping with course set-up early in the morning. After that I will be hanging with the blue C stock Miata. Make sure you get rides and instructor drive alongs at Friday's Test 'n Tune! You'll want your tires pumped up .... probably at least 40 psi.

Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Anyone know how to get ahold of Mitzi Burrows and Pam Kannan. Mitzi is listed in CSL and Pam in CS. Karen wants to see if Pam will move to CSL with her, so the three can run together ...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Anyone know how to get ahold of Mitzi Burrows and Pam Kannan. Mitzi is listed in CSL and Pam in CS. Karen wants to see if Pam will move to CSL with her, so the three can run together ...
Being as Pam is in tied for first in CS and is currently in a payout position, I douby that she would agree. Don't know about Mitzi.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Thanks George
Jayson Woodruff

George Schilling wrote:Being as Pam is in tied for first in CS and is currently in a payout position, I douby that she would agree. Don't know about Mitzi.
What's more is if pam leaves CS, that class drops to one trophy. Which is the same case if Karen moves out of CS, (that class would lose a trophy). I wouldn't recommend it.

Jay W
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Karen reads you loud and clear
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

How much is this gonna cost me tomorrow?
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

The late reg fee is $100 total (for both days). You'll have to buy a weekend membership to the SCCA too, which I think is $20, since it's not a regional event. Oh, and you have to buy me drinks on Sat. nite...you'll need a second mortgage for that :D
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Cam Correa

Post by Cam Correa »

What about if I just wanna run the track on Friday & nothing more?
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

We're really encouraging people to run JUST the Friday Test N Tune? I didn't think that was the point. Whatever...... :|
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I just talked to Cam. Since he's never done it before, he wants to come out and check it out. Hopefully he'll be allowed to do some runs. I told him to get rides and also have an experienced driver drive him around a couple of times. He's bringing his Mustang.

Obviously I'm hoping he'll instantly be hooked and will do the rest of the weekend also ...
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

Mako Koiwai wrote:I just talked to Cam. Since he's never done it before, he wants to come out and check it out. Hopefully he'll be allowed to do some runs. I told him to get rides and also have an experienced driver drive him around a couple of times. He's bringing his Mustang.
Cam, what have you done to the Mustang, I can't remember and I'm far too lazy to look it up. If it is nearly stock and you get as excited while running the T & T on Friday as most, they are still looking for cannon fodder in SK1. If it's a V8 it would be in F Stock which falls into the SK1 street tire class. If it is beyond F Stock you should buy my car--- :lol: I'll look you up tomorrow...

Don
Aaron Goldsmith
Car#: 32

Post by Aaron Goldsmith »

Don Salyers wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:I just talked to Cam. Since he's never done it before, he wants to come out and check it out. Hopefully he'll be allowed to do some runs. I told him to get rides and also have an experienced driver drive him around a couple of times. He's bringing his Mustang.
Cam, what have you done to the Mustang, I can't remember and I'm far too lazy to look it up. If it is nearly stock and you get as excited while running the T & T on Friday as most, they are still looking for cannon fodder in SK1. If it's a V8 it would be in F Stock which falls into the SK1 street tire class. If it is beyond F Stock you should buy my car--- :lol: I'll look you up tomorrow...

Don
He has a whole thread in the New peeps forum: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=271" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;