November 26 Practice List is Posted

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

November 26 Practice List is Posted

Post by George Schilling »

This event is just about sold out although there are a few spots left. The current registration list is here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... DD01D653FD" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note the revised schedule. Everyone will either be working or running beginning at 8:30. Please be on time.

Times:

6:45 - Tech/Registration Opens
7:45 - Course closes for walking.
8:00 - Mandatory Drivers' Safety Meeting.
8:15 - Call for workers
8:30 - First car out

If you have registered for the Ladies School, your registration list is here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also a reminder, the Friday, November 25 practice has been canceled.

Remember to sign up for Autox Sunday here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... 9AE1193EF8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Registering online saves you $10. Instead of $40, you'll pay only $30.
Last edited by George Schilling on Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Re: November 26 Practice List is Posted

Post by Mako Koiwai »

I believe John Basinger will be dropping out of the practice ... something about a blown STI engine
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

So, how are we running the groups on Saturday? Is it posted and I'm just missing it? My wife is in the school, and I'm in the practice. But we have only one car. I'm trying to determine if there is a conflict. Also, I have her as a co-driver for Practice, from when it was on Friday. I presume that will have to be changed.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ed Holley wrote:So, how are we running the groups on Saturday? Is it posted and I'm just missing it? My wife is in the school, and I'm in the practice. But we have only one car. I'm trying to determine if there is a conflict. Also, I have her as a co-driver for Practice, from when it was on Friday. I presume that will have to be changed.
There will be no conflicts with the ladies school. They will be run as two separate events and run at different times.

If you have a change in registration or entry status, please do that at Motorsportsreg.com. If you have a problem, let me know and I'll fix it for you.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

George Schilling wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:So, how are we running the groups on Saturday? Is it posted and I'm just missing it? My wife is in the school, and I'm in the practice. But we have only one car. I'm trying to determine if there is a conflict. Also, I have her as a co-driver for Practice, from when it was on Friday. I presume that will have to be changed.
There will be no conflicts with the ladies school. They will be run as two separate events and run at different times.

If you have a change in registration or entry status, please do that at Motorsportsreg.com. If you have a problem, let me know and I'll fix it for you.
Thank you George! Not having been thru this before, would you suggest that I remove her from being a co-driver with me in practice? I'm presuming she'll have her hands full and also have her own seat time as part of the school. If so, I'll make the change in MotorReg.
2001 NB Miata
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ed Holley wrote:
George Schilling wrote:

Thank you George! Not having been thru this before, would you suggest that I remove her from being a co-driver with me in practice? I'm presuming she'll have her hands full and also have her own seat time as part of the school. If so, I'll make the change in MotorReg.
Your welcome. If she wants to take full advantage of the school, then yes, take her off the practice list.

And thank you for handling gate Ed. We'll be starting earlier than normal as the school is accommodating us so we can practice. For the morning of the practice, we'll need coverage from sun-up til 8:30. We will not be shutting down for lunch so coverage there is not necessary. This is for Saturday. Sunday will be as usual.
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

[quote="George Schilling

Your welcome. If she wants to take full advantage of the school, then yes, take her off the practice list. [/quote]

Ya, I'm going to need your help. I tried going in and removing her from the PRACTICE, but it is not accepting my discount code as previously provided. We would want to remove her as a second driver AND remove the weekend SCCA membership since I'm a member and her weekend membership is being handled thru the Ladies School entry. I probably had made a mistake in THAT regard anyway. She would have been paying membership twice.
2001 NB Miata
John Basinger

Post by John Basinger »

John Basinger and grandson Chris Rice are out of the running.
Take us off the list.
My STI engine need a rebuil.
George Schilling
Club Representative

John Basinger wrote:John Basinger and grandson Chris Rice are out of the running.
Take us off the list.
My STI engine need a rebuil.
Done. Sorry to hear about the engine John.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ed Holley wrote:
Ya, I'm going to need your help. I tried going in and removing her from the PRACTICE, but it is not accepting my discount code as previously provided. We would want to remove her as a second driver AND remove the weekend SCCA membership since I'm a member and her weekend membership is being handled thru the Ladies School entry. I probably had made a mistake in THAT regard anyway. She would have been paying membership twice.
Ok Ed, correction have been made and you're good to go.
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

George Schilling wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:
Ok Ed, correction have been made and you're good to go.

Thanks George. I'm beginning to believe we're actually gonna pull this off. Get'n Xcited. :gpower:
2001 NB Miata
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Another couple is wondering how they can share a car between School and Open Practice
George Schilling
Club Representative

Mako to wrote:Another couple is wondering how they can share a car between School and Open Practice
Although we will be sharing the same course, they are two separate events running at separate and unique times.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Mako to wrote:Another couple is wondering how they can share a car between School and Open Practice
From a few posts above:
George Schilling wrote:There will be no conflicts with the ladies school. They will be run as two separate events and run at different times.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative

The event is full at this time with just a few on the wait list.

If you have volunteered for a chief position, please make sure you are registered and send me a note if you are late in registering.

If you are instructing in the ladies school and have also registered for the practice, please let me know so I can remove your name form the practice list and make room for someone else.

Thanks everyone for you cooperation.
Michael Smith
Car#: 21

Post by Michael Smith »

Just did a Priceline deal for $40/night at the Hyatt Place Ontario Mills.
Thanks to George from a previous link and Kaz for reminding me.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Michael Smith wrote:Just did a Priceline deal for $40/night at the Hyatt Place Ontario Mills.
We will be at that hotel as well.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Michael Smith wrote:Just did a Priceline deal for $40/night at the Hyatt Place Ontario Mills.
Me too! Also got it for $40. $38 didn't work.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Jeff Stuart wrote:
KJ Christopher wrote:
Me too! Also got it for $40. $38 didn't work.
Me three. The Albins are four. We can have a party, but I like to be in bed by eight.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Love that place - great mini suites
Cam Correa
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 306

Post by Cam Correa »

How long is the waiting list?
I'm considering showing up to help out & see if I can get in....?
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Schilling
Club Representative

Cam Correa wrote:How long is the waiting list?
I'm considering showing up to help out & see if I can get in....?

Hi Cam. As much as we'd like to accommodate you, numbers for this event have to be tightly controlled as we have a combined practice/school and we won't be accepting walk-up entries. The school is staffed entirely by volunteers, so if you'd like to contribute, here's an opportunity.

As an alternative, registration for the December to Remember Practice on Dec 10 is now open now and filling up. You can register here: https://www.motorsportreg.com/index.cfm ... E64A675E7A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

If u help the Ladies Cam, I would think they would let you participate in the Challenge Runs at the end of the day
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

George Schilling wrote:We can have a party, but I like to be in bed by eight.
So you can get home by 12? ;)
Cam Correa
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 306

Post by Cam Correa »

I've gotta swap tires & get a new shifter knob, so well see if I get it all today...
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;