Thank you to All Who Supported The Ladies School

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Lisa Severy

Thank you to All Who Supported The Ladies School

Post by Lisa Severy »

A heartfelt thanks to all who supported the Ladies School!
The instructors, the volunteers, the students, Cal Poly PFM and the Solo Board members. It takes a Solo community to make it all happen!
In spite of the challenges in holding a combined event for the first time,the school was very successful! We received lots of positive feedback.
Thanks also to Christine Newcomer for designing the course and working hard all weekend to try and make "everyone" happy!
I did receive many survey forms back. When I get back from my international business trip in two weeks I will post the survey results.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Thank you to All Who Supported The Ladies School

Post by George Schilling »

And thank you Lisa for taking on the responsibility of the school and all you did to make the school work under difficult circumstances. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

George Schilling wrote:And thank you Lisa for taking on the responsibility of the school and all you did to make the school work under difficult circumstances. :thumbup:
+ one
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Thanks to everyone in charge (especially Lisa) for making the school a big success. Everyone I talked to in the paddock didn't even know that the event was facing so many challenges because it ran so smoothly! Everyone's hard work, patience and communication paid off. I for one thank you, Lisa, for helping to put a big smile on my sister's face! :D
Mark D.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Mark DeShon wrote:Thanks to everyone in charge (especially Lisa) for making the school a big success. Everyone I talked to in the paddock didn't even know that the event was facing so many challenges because it ran so smoothly! Everyone's hard work, patience and communication paid off. I for one thank you, Lisa, for helping to put a big smile on my sister's face! :D
Mark D.
Ditto what Mark said. Sharon is STILL marveling. She sleeps with her "driver" wristband under her pillow.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Kevin Pao

Post by Kevin Pao »

thanks to everyone for making the ladies school happen! jessica actually dreamt she was autocrossing after her 1st championship on sunday.
Kassie Sasaki
Car#: 555

Post by Kassie Sasaki »

Wow looks like such a fun and organized event! Really hope to join you soon!

Just wondering when the next Ladies School might be in the works???

Would love to come and learn from some the of the most experienced and talented female drivers around! SWEEET! Thanks!
Kassie Sasaki
www.GushiAutoIntl.com
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Kassie Sasaki wrote:Wow looks like such a fun and organized event! Really hope to join you soon!

Would love to come and learn from some the of the most experienced and talented female drivers around! SWEEET! Thanks!
Unfortunately, the Ladies School is only once a year on the Thanksgiving weekend. We try to have one other general school earlier in the year, and there is one or two in the San Diego region also. But no reason to wait. Good chance of getting into the December practice and of course the Autocross Sunday is open to all. There are instructors available both days. You won't get the level of a school, but there's always people willing to help newbies.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Kassie Sasaki wrote:Wow looks like such a fun and organized event! Really hope to join you soon!

We are already planning for the next one. Saturday after Thanksgiving next year. The flier and sign-up sheet are being prepared and should be out in December.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Jason Flores
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 886

Post by Jason Flores »

Quick timelapse of the super efficient Ladies School Grid!!

http://youtu.be/PnZdo27Efo4?hd=1
Kassie Sasaki

Post by Kassie Sasaki »

Rick Brown wrote:

Unfortunately, the Ladies School is only once a year on the Thanksgiving weekend. We try to have one other general school earlier in the year, and there is one or two in the San Diego region also. But no reason to wait. Good chance of getting into the December practice and of course the Autocross Sunday is open to all. There are instructors available both days. You won't get the level of a school, but there's always people willing to help newbies.
KJ Christopher wrote:Re: Thank you to All Who Supported The Ladies School
by KJ Christopher on 29 Nov 2011 13:52

We are already planning for the next one. Saturday after Thanksgiving next year. The flier and sign-up sheet are being prepared and should be out in December.
Mmmm... I understand. :D Thank you Rick Brown and KJ Christopher for the helpful info!

Do wish there was more Ladies events, but next year after thanksgiving sounds like a plan! Seems like we will get plenty of time to register and get more females involved! Thank you for the great opportunity you have given us!
Kassie Sasaki
www.GushiAutoIntl.com
Ron Tsumura
Club: GRA
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

Why wait for next year? You should go to the next event this month!
I think you should do ok. You handed me my butt at the Glen Helen RallyX. :cry:

In AutoX you only have to count your best run out of three or four runs. Not add up the times on all your runs.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Ron Tsumura wrote:

In AutoX you only have to count your best run out of three or four runs. Not add up the times on all your runs.
Not only that, but I know my wife Sharon, who went thru the Ladies School, plans to solicit Lisa Severy's help in contacting the Ladies School attendees in an effort to get a Novice Ladies class going locally. You could be part of that effort. I agree with Ron and others, you should jump in. There's plenty of help available at each event, male or female. All you would need to do is make it known that you would like assistance.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Kassie Sasaki

Post by Kassie Sasaki »

Ed Holley wrote:
Ron Tsumura wrote:

Not only that, but I know my wife Sharon, who went thru the Ladies School, plans to solicit Lisa Severy's help in contacting the Ladies School attendees in an effort to get a Novice Ladies class going locally. You could be part of that effort. I agree with Ron and others, you should jump in. There's plenty of help available at each event, male or female. All you would need to do is make it known that you would like assistance.
Wow! that sounds great! Thank you Ron! You did great at glen helen! You were in the Got Jesus Cr-v rt? I LOVE THAT!
Auto-x sounds fun. Definitely want to try it for some practice. Never done it before. and the scoring sounds motivating!
Will you be attending all the rally-x's next year too?

Hi Ed & Sharon! That would be amazing! Let me know how I can help in any way. i would love to help promote the event and get involved! Ill try to sign-up for an event ASAP! Can't wait!
here is my email: Kassasaki@gmail.com

Thank you everyone for being sooo helpful and supportive! See you at Auto-x!!! :gpower:
Kassie Sasaki
www.GushiAutoIntl.com
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

So you're coming out this weekend? At least come out on Saturday to meet us and get some rides? Look up Karen and Mako in the Silver Vette
Karen Zaterman
Car#: 134

Post by Karen Zaterman »

Ed Holley wrote:
Mark DeShon wrote:Thanks to everyone in charge (especially Lisa) for making the school a big success. Everyone I talked to in the paddock didn't even know that the event was facing so many challenges because it ran so smoothly! Everyone's hard work, patience and communication paid off. I for one thank you, Lisa, for helping to put a big smile on my sister's face! :D
Mark D.
Ditto what Mark said. Sharon is STILL marveling. She sleeps with her "driver" wristband under her pillow.
That's MY student :gpower:
No, Mako -- you do NOT need to supercharge your new Miata! ...cuz now it's my turn to take it to the track :)
hmmmm... it is no longer "new" -- is it time to get faster?
Ron Tsumura
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

Kassie Sasaki wrote: Wow! that sounds great! Thank you Ron! You did great at glen helen! You were in the Got Jesus Cr-v rt? I LOVE THAT!
Auto-x sounds fun. Definitely want to try it for some practice. Never done it before. and the scoring sounds motivating!
Will you be attending all the rally-x's next year too?

Hi Ed & Sharon! That would be amazing! Let me know how I can help in any way. i would love to help promote the event and get involved! Ill try to sign-up for an event ASAP! Can't wait!
here is my email: Kassasaki@gmail.com

Thank you everyone for being sooo helpful and supportive! See you at Auto-x!!! :gpower:
George and I plan to do the Glen Helen event. It was a blast!!! :thumbup:
Plus I have a Great Sponsor. :king: Rewards program is out of this world!
Kassie Sasaki

Post by Kassie Sasaki »

Cannot wait to see you and George out there ripping dirt!!!

Congrats on the sponsor! Im sure you will make a great team and make each other very happy this upcoming season!

Have a great holiday season! Stay blessed!
Kassie Sasaki
www.GushiAutoIntl.com