Thanks for Giving, Thank You.

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Michael Smith
Club: CASOC
Car#: 21

Thanks for Giving, Thank You.

Post by Michael Smith »

First off, I would like to thank George Schilling for helping me through the weekend and the weeks prior. His guidance really was priceless.

I was a little stressed, learned a ton, but had loads of support. So a big thanks goes out to all of the Chiefs and volunteers.

To the Berrys... you are awesome. You have a great way of teaching the processes at the events in a professional manner.
Thanks KJ for helping with combining the groups after lunch. I apologize to the competitors that were moved and had to wait.
Theo, I owe you a few lunches for your work. Good job.
Ed, your input and ideas on top of the coverage means a lot.
The Jardines again did a wonderful job at registration.

Stanley, thank you for lending your truck and trailer to clean course; Doug for staying late. We were able to pack everything up and finish at 5pm.
I can't say enough about Mark DeShon and Mike K. They deserve raises for their 3 days of hard work!

Last I would like to thanks Christine and QV for working together to provide a challenging safe course.

Michael
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Re: Thanks for Giving, Thank You.

Post by Ed Holley »

Michael Smith wrote:First off, I would like to thank George Schilling for helping me through the weekend and the weeks prior. His guidance really was priceless.

I was a little stressed, learned a ton, but had loads of support. So a big thanks goes out to all of the Chiefs and volunteers.

To the Berrys... you are awesome. You have a great way of teaching the processes at the events in a professional manner.
Thanks KJ for helping with combining the groups after lunch. I apologize to the competitors that were moved and had to wait.
Theo, I owe you a few lunches for your work. Good job.
Ed, your input and ideas on top of the coverage means a lot.
The Jardines again did a wonderful job at registration.

Stanley, thank you for lending your truck and trailer to clean course; Doug for staying late. We were able to pack everything up and finish at 5pm.
I can't say enough about Mark DeShon and Mike K. They deserve raises for their 3 days of hard work!

Last I would like to thanks Christine and QV for working together to provide a challenging safe course.

Michael
Bottom line dude? You got'er done. It may have been trial by fire but in the end, with a little/a lot (pick one) of help from your friends, YOU were in charge and it came off fine.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Steve Abbott
Car#: 48

Post by Steve Abbott »

Thank you. :) :)

Steve A.
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

Way to step up and take on the huge job, Mike! Event ran great, considering the added complexity of the ladies school, etc.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Doug Kott wrote:Way to step up and take on the huge job, Mike! Event ran great, considering the added complexity of the ladies school, etc.
plus one!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Doug Kott wrote:Way to step up and take on the huge job, Mike! Event ran great, considering the added complexity of the ladies school, etc.
+2. I wasn't about to throw myself on that grenade! I'm glad Mike was brave/foolhardy enough to do so. ;) Good job, Michael. This is a testament to your organizational skills.
Mark D.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Mark DeShon wrote:
+2. I wasn't about to throw myself on that grenade! I'm glad Mike was brave/foolhardy enough to do so. ;) Good job, Michael. This is a testament to your organizational skills.
Mark D.
Not to worry Mark. I'm think'n the leadership has boxes and boxes of "grenades". At least one has your name on it. :)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Doug Kott

Post by Doug Kott »

And let's have a big round of applause for Rick Brown, who always seems to have results posted within a day, if not sooner! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Even though I don't believe he was even at this event! So I suspect Christine must have been getting the auditing done super quick? :thumbup:
Doug Kott

Post by Doug Kott »

Mako to wrote:Even though I don't believe he was even at this event! So I suspect Christine must have been getting the auditing done super quick? :thumbup:
Christine, then! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Doug Kott wrote:
Mako to wrote:Even though I don't believe he was even at this event! So I suspect Christine must have been getting the auditing done super quick? :thumbup:
Christine, then! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Yep, Christine was the Timing Chief at this event and did all the hard stuff. I just prepped the download file before the event and she emailed me the files so I could generate the results.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

San Diego is jealous of our Result posting quickness... they take weeks down there and it sucks. We are very lucky to have Rick, Mary, Christine etc, who all make it happen so quickly. We rarely wait more than 24 hours, and quite often much less than that.

:heyes:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Max Hayter wrote: We are very lucky to have Rick, Mary, Christine etc, who all make it happen so quickly.
Very thankful to have such a hard working and talented team to keep things running smoothly. :thumbup:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I wish I could have attended this event, but we had family commitments over the holiday.

Just want to thank Michael Smith for stepping up so big on behalf of our region. Its really nice to see Michael get so involved with the sport and become a core member. I proud to say I knew him when he was just "white rice". ;)

:gpower: :thumbup: :computer: :thumbup: :gpower:
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Max Hayter wrote:San Diego is jealous of our Result posting quickness... they take weeks down there and it sucks. We are very lucky to have Rick, Mary, Christine etc, who all make it happen so quickly. We rarely wait more than 24 hours, and quite often much less than that.

:heyes:
Wonder what the hold up is. They use the same software we do and they don't have course logs so auditing should be a lot easier, although I think they audit times which we don't anymore. The errors were so few and far between plus the competitors would quickly point out problems we decided it wasn't necessary. We are generally done with the auditing for the last group before the cones are picked up and put away. I've worked in their trailer and it's essentially the same as what we do.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Rick Brown wrote: Wonder what the hold up is.
They're all hippies down there... amirite?!! :lol:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Ron Tsumura
Club: GRA
Car#: 190

Post by Ron Tsumura »

Max Hayter wrote:
Rick Brown wrote: Wonder what the hold up is.
They're all hippies down there... amirite?!! :lol:
Sort of like Occupy SD with porta-potties? }:)