08 SCNAX Cup

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 18

08 SCNAX Cup

Post by Michael Palero »

What's happening to SCNAX Cup?

SCNAX Cup Team AX Competition. 4 People... 4 cars... 24laps per person over the 4 cars.
Jeff Ringer
Club: PSCC
Car#: 741

Re: SCNAX Cup

Post by Jeff Ringer »

that event seemed amazing ..its happening, right?

true driver test
my middle name is 'The'

previous vehicles:83 chevette scooter-84 chrysler laser tubro-86 gti -93 probe gt-91 944s2 - 00 gti 1.8t-86 325e-89 325i-90 xj6- 67 lemans 4 speed -98 bmw m3/4/5
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Michael Palero wrote:What's happening to SCNAX Cup?

SCNAX Cup Team AX Competition. 4 People... 4 cars... 24laps per person over the 4 cars.
At this point nothing has been decided other than SCNAX won't be hosting the SCNAX CUP this year. As of now, the ladies school is scheduled for Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and Friday will likely be a practice. Sunday's use has yet to be determined.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!

Post by Michael Palero »

George Schilling wrote:
Michael Palero wrote:What's happening to SCNAX Cup?

At this point nothing has been decided other than SCNAX won't be hosting the SCNAX CUP this year. As of now, the ladies school is scheduled for Saturday of Thanksgiving weekend and Friday will likely be a practice. Sunday's use has yet to be determined.
I can help out with the calculations as long as I get the team indexes in time...
... I would just need Jayson Woodruff to babysit me
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

There aren't enough SCNAX members to host the event I believe. Last year they depended on a lot of outside help to pull off. I think Jayson was getting a bit burned out doing so much of the work himself ...
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Mako Koiwai wrote:There aren't enough SCNAX members to host the event I believe. Last year they depended on a lot of outside help to pull off. I think Jayson was getting a bit burned out doing so much of the work himself ...
As of the meeting on Wed night, Jayson said "It's not happening". He's not even part of SCNAX anymore.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Too Bad ... when you choice Sport Compact National Autocross Club under Find Members (on the Solo2.com page) ... it lists quite a few members!
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

I can't speak for SCNAX, but I think anyone will tell you they're gone for the year at least.

I thought Team Blew could take over the SCNAX cup concept, but they have the December event scheduled, so I doubt they want to do that. Probably something to think about for next year (think about it now since we'll be calendaring '09 in the next couple months).

If someone wanted to save SCNAX Cup '08, they'd better step up immediaely since the Club Reps are mulling over taking that weekend back as a championship.

Burn out was an understatement. I can do a lot of things as once, but Event Chair, Reg, T&S, Cup Scoring, worker chief and gate x2 all weekend was a bit much.

Jay W
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Too Bad ... when you choice Sport Compact National Autocross Club under Find Members (on the Solo2.com page) ... it lists quite a few members!
But how many do you recognize and are racing this year.

Jay W
Michael Palero
King of Fastrack!

Post by Michael Palero »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Mako Koiwai wrote:Too Bad ... when you choice Sport Compact National Autocross Club under Find Members (on the Solo2.com page) ... it lists quite a few members!
But how many do you recognize and are racing this year.

Jay W
Season 2 Pimp My Ride star Quoc-Viet Dang!