2011 Solo Awards Banquet @ The Automobile Driving Museum

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

2011 Solo Awards Banquet @ The Automobile Driving Museum

Post by George Schilling »

It's Awards Time!

Time again to recognize our accomplishments of the last year as we come together to celebrate our 2011 Solo season. Be there to cheer on the friends you've been battling all year as they receive their awards. Equally as important, see what your fellow competitors look like when they clean up and leave their helmets at home.

Register here

While We're At It, Let's Check Out Some Classics!

In addition to recognizing our champions and trophy winners, we will have the opportunity to check out some classic automobiles from yesteryear as we celebrate our accomplishments at the Automobile Driving Museum in El Segundo. There we will find a diverse collection of over 150 vehicles from all eras, the oldest example being an 1886 Benz Motorwagon and the newest is THE one-of-one 1999 350Z concept car that was donated by Nissan. The core of the collection features some great examples of Packard spanning from 1916-1958. The ADM was the first and only museum in the world that has identified, exhibited and will soon serve as the official registry for cars built by Howard “Dutch” Darrin, famous coach builder of the stars. Some of the celebrity vehicles belonged to owners such as Howard Hughes, Errol Flynn, Ry Cooder, Jean Peters, Anthony Davis and Eleanor Roosevelt. All of the cars have fluid in them and most are used for the Sunday Ride Program. There will be docents standing by to entertain you with stories of ownership as well as horsepower and mechanical facts.

Celebrating the Life of a Dear Friend!

As you know, we recently lost our dear friend, Renee Angel. Help us celebrate her life by sharing your memories and stories of her. To add to the celebration, a special slide show has been put together commorating her time with us. We will also have a special photo memorial of Renee, put together from member submissions.

Register here

Let's Eat!

Hey, come hungry because lunch is included. Unlimited soda and water is also included. For those who perfer to celebrate with something a bit more spirited, a cash bar will also be available.

Door Prizes!

As usual, there will be plenty of door prizes generously donated by our clubs and sponsors so don't forget to get your raffle ticket at the door for a chance to win.

Come Join The Fun! Bring Your Friends!

We want you there to help us celebrate, so as an added bonus, we've lowered the price to ridiculously low levels. If you owe anyone a lunch or dinner, bring them along. We've got plenty of room but pre-registration is required.

Register here

Details

When........................Saturday, January 14th at noon

Where.......................The Automobile Driving Museum 610 Lairport Street El Segundo, CA 90245
Map..........................Click here

Adults....................................$20
Couples..................................$35
Children 17 and under..................$5

Remember..........Pre-registration is required.
Last edited by George Schilling on Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Re: 2011 Solo Awards Banquet @ The Automobile Driving Museum

Post by George Schilling »

Just a reminder that we are accepting donations for the raffle. Individual clubs should bring about $200 worth of goods. Individuals and sponsors are also welcome to donate items for the raffle to add to the fun. Large or small, it doesn't matter. White elephant gifts are also welcome.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mike Yanase
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 16

Post by Mike Yanase »

dang it i can't even make it to the awards ceremony :(
i will be out of the country returning on the following monday :cry:
Theo O.

Post by Theo O. »

Mike Yanase wrote:dang it i can't even make it to the awards ceremony :(
i will be out of the country returning on the following monday :cry:
Same here :( won't be back in the US until the following wednesday.

Have fun guys!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." - Benjamin Franklin
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Reminder on the banquet. We will need to turn in a head count early next week, so please sign up if you haven't yet.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Regarding the 2012 Awards Banquet, last year (for 2011) we missed it due to another commitment. This year, hoping for a selfish motivation to attend, we don't want to schedule anything in place of it. Any ideas that you wish to share regarding WHERE and WHEN it will be this time? Any possibility of a more "central" location?
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Ed Holley wrote:Regarding the 2012 Awards Banquet, last year (for 2011) we missed it due to another commitment. This year, hoping for a selfish motivation to attend, we don't want to schedule anything in place of it. Any ideas that you wish to share regarding WHERE and WHEN it will be this time? Any possibility of a more "central" location?
We're still looking for a good person to organize the event. 8-)
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:Regarding the 2012 Awards Banquet, last year (for 2011) we missed it due to another commitment. This year, hoping for a selfish motivation to attend, we don't want to schedule anything in place of it. Any ideas that you wish to share regarding WHERE and WHEN it will be this time? Any possibility of a more "central" location?
I think you may have found one!
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Ed, where and when is it going to be?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Uh-oh! Leaves ME out. But I'll be glad to search for a "good person". :lol:
I thought that was George?
2001 NB Miata
Joey Schilling

Post by Joey Schilling »

Let's do it at pole position @ the 15 and 91. I'm looking at pictures of the place and they should be able to handle all of us and it'll be fun.
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

Joey Schilling wrote:Let's do it at pole position @ the 15 and 91. I'm looking at pictures of the place and they should be able to handle all of us and it'll be fun.
Looking at the pricing (more than a race event) before food, think it might be a stretch.
Ed Holley

Post by Ed Holley »

I'll just throw these on the pile...
Wally Parks NHRA Museum @ Pomona.
Riverside Raceway Museum in Riverside.
Briggs-Cunningham Museum in Costa Mesa(?) - Does it still exist?
Petersen Museum - Hollywood
The George Schilling Museum - no, just kidding. :D Is there one?
2001 NB Miata
Joey Schilling

Post by Joey Schilling »

Arthur Grant wrote:
Joey Schilling wrote:Let's do it at pole position @ the 15 and 91. I'm looking at pictures of the place and they should be able to handle all of us and it'll be fun.
Looking at the pricing (more than a race event) before food, think it might be a stretch.

Dang, that place looks like it would be perfect
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Isn't this the place we had it a few years ago? I think so, and Renee, R.I.P., arranged it, I believe.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Bill Schenker wrote:Isn't this the place we had it a few years ago? I think so, and Renee, R.I.P., arranged it, I believe.
Though I can't confirm who arranged it, yes it was there a few (4-5) years ago . The room upstairs was fairly large and worked well for the dinner part, but was poorly shaped (at least as set up) for the awards portion. I was around a corner, and never could see Steve E. during his great oration of humor mixed in with the occasional jacket and trophy handout, and the recipients of such as received.

That said, I've always wanted to return again, with hopes that the room could be set up differently.