2012 San Diego National Tour 4/28-4/29

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Doug Kott
Club: CASOC
Car#: 300

Re: 2012 San Diego National Tour 4/28-4/29

Post by Doug Kott »

Max Hayter wrote:
Aaron Goldsmith wrote:PLEASE people.. leave your quiet exhaust on for this event. I've been a sound steward at national events 5 or so times now, it's not fun to take people's run away just because their exhaust is too loud. So far I've only had to do it twice at Nationals. Make sure you bring something with you to remediate any sound issues if you think you're even going to be close.
Note to my illustrious codriver - I just changed the header on the car. Car sounds like it is being attacked by angry bees now. Please bring ear plugs!
Please tell me it's not as obnoxious as Schenker's car! :shock: :o
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Doug Kott wrote:
Not that bad - only John Edwards' horrific sounding Fiat beats the Schenker mobile. I like John and it's a cool car and all, but for the love of everything holy, he needs to put an exhaust on the damn thing. I want to smack him and the car with a sledge hammer every time i hear it.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I hope John reads this.... You can't tell him... He lost his hearing driving and tuning that little car.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Doug Kott

Post by Doug Kott »

Max Hayter wrote:
Doug Kott wrote:
Not that bad - only John Edwards' horrific sounding Fiat beats the Schenker mobile. I like John and it's a cool car and all, but for the love of everything holy, he needs to put an exhaust on the damn thing. I want to smack him and the car with a sledge hammer every time i hear it.
Good. My little project tonight is finishing up the header install. It took every wrench, universal joint, wobble extension, socket, etc. that I own...much cursing...small pools of blood from scrapes.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Doug Kott wrote: Good. My little project tonight is finishing up the header install. It took every wrench, universal joint, wobble extension, socket, etc. that I own...much cursing...small pools of blood from scrapes.
I made Jon Lugod do it the first time, and Shaun Bailey did the next two. Steve Lepper did this one. I have beautiful hands!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Hines Garage in Alhambra for our header.

... but I did pull our Penske's yesterday

Izzy the ex-ITA Miata is going to Guy A. for bushings and shock work ... like to pass around the work ... when I'm not paying. :D
Doug Kott

Post by Doug Kott »

Max Hayter wrote:
Doug Kott wrote: Good. My little project tonight is finishing up the header install. It took every wrench, universal joint, wobble extension, socket, etc. that I own...much cursing...small pools of blood from scrapes.
I made Jon Lugod do it the first time, and Shaun Bailey did the next two. Steve Lepper did this one. I have beautiful hands!
Go get your manicure...I wear the scars like a badge of honor!