2012 El Toro Pro Solo 5/5-5/6

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Timothy Aing

Re: 2012 El Toro Pro Solo 5/5-5/6

Post by Timothy Aing »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Mike Simanyi wrote:Yes, Max is correct.

Just do NOT be late.
I would suggest you take what ever it is you are using for an alarm clock and throw it in a lake and get a new one that plays Justin Bieber really loud so you'll actually be forced to wake up and turn it off. }:) Don't be late!
Thanks for the tip KJ. I will need a singer much more annoying to wake me up after working till 3am the morning of on a deliverable for my senior manager. But no excuses. It won't happen again.
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Timothy Aing wrote:I will need a singer much more annoying to wake me up after working till 3am the morning of on a deliverable for my senior manager.
For the right price, I can be that singer. I'll even spend the night on your couch and screech in your ear at 6 a.m.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Vincent Wong
Club: PSCC
Car#: 107

Post by Vincent Wong »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Timothy Aing wrote:I will need a singer much more annoying to wake me up after working till 3am the morning of on a deliverable for my senior manager.
For the right price, I can be that singer. I'll even spend the night on your couch and screech in your ear at 6 a.m.
The fact that both you and Tim are in the same class, I think this is more like a sabotage than a help. :lol:
Doug Kott
Car#: 300

Post by Doug Kott »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
I've heard Kurt's rendition of "Surrey with the Fringe on Top." Brought me to tears.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Doug Kott wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:
I've heard Kurt's rendition of "Surrey with the Fringe on Top." Brought me to tears.
Tears of pain?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Ryan Young
Car#: 510

Post by Ryan Young »

Hey guys, I'm running in the Road Tire class at the ProSolo - since this is a different class than what I run locally, I'm sure that I'll need to put different class letters on my car. Do you guys happen to know what letters I'll need? I'll be driving a Subaru WRX if that helps. Thanks!
Ryan Young
Solo Noob
#510 RTA, 2011 Subaru WRX
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Ryan Young wrote:Hey guys, I'm running in the Road Tire class at the ProSolo - since this is a different class than what I run locally, I'm sure that I'll need to put different class letters on my car. Do you guys happen to know what letters I'll need? I'll be driving a Subaru WRX if that helps. Thanks!
I haven't run a national event yet either, but I assume you'll use the class (RT) and index (DS). At the ProSolos, we all run together, but if you're running at the Tour, you'd be running in RTA DS.
==============
Ryan Young
Car#: 510

Post by Ryan Young »

Thanks for the info! Time to go order some new magnets :thumbup:
Ryan Young
Solo Noob
#510 RTA, 2011 Subaru WRX
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Ryan Young wrote:Thanks for the info! Time to go order some new magnets :thumbup:
I got mine from Jayson Woodruff. He did a great job!
==============
John Stimson
Car#: 124

Post by John Stimson »

My guess would be that you just need RT as your class. I don't think the ladies index classes and prepared/mod classes display anything but L# or P#.
Jack Tsou
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 8

Post by Jack Tsou »

Is there a late registration fee for this year's pro?
I don't see it on the motorsportsreg page like the tour.

Jack
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Jack Tsou wrote:Is there a late registration fee for this year's pro?
I don't see it on the motorsportsreg page like the tour.

Jack
I believe so. At least according to the manual registration sheet:
http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... Entry1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Apr 30th is cut off.

They also switched the wording some one point a few years back. It used to be Regular & late registration, now it's something like Early & regular with the same respective dates/penelties.

Jay W
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

When do Juniors traditionally take practice starts? I'm a little worried about a particular ADHD non-attentive and generally out of control 8yo learning how to stage and launch on a Christmas tree.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Post by Eric Clements »

Kids usually stage off to the side. When a group of them are ready the cars get stopped and the kids take their practice starts. Fj (cars without reverse) can have help staging, stay on outboard side so T&S can see numbers. Move away when shot clock buzzer goes off.
Steve Alexander

Post by Steve Alexander »

Can you sign up/pay for one day (Saturday), like two weeks ago, or do you have to pay for both days? and Is this a special Pro-event, not open to beginners?
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Unlike local events, this single event takes place over both Saturday & Sunday (also registration, tech, etc. typically done on Friday). Specific event information can be found on the right hand side on this page: http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=3598.

It's open to beginners; I did my first pro solo my first year autocrossing, I think the only requirement may be that you are a full SCCA member. If you do it, I highly recommend getting there early Friday, check out the Evo School, do practice starts, or at the very least attend the Novice meeting at about 6pm on Friday that will answer any/all questions you have about the Pro Solo format that didn't make sense from the web site and various articles on SCCA/solo2 about it.

Technically, you don't HAVE to run Sunday, but you pay the same for the event. You should run both days, though. Pro Solo is a blast!
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

I talked to Heyward Wagner at the SD tour. If anyone has an open seat in their car, he is looking for something to drive for the ProSolo.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

I've got a spot open in my STF Yaris but its fairly under prepped.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Bobby Beyer wrote:I've got a spot open in my STF Yaris but its fairly under prepped.
Hayward's a great guy. Over the years he's driven just about anything. You could learn a lot from him.

First time I meet him, he was driving a Civic held together with duct tape and chicken wire. (Ok, a bit of an exaggeration, but it was pretty beat.) He was running STS (the precursor to ST, and now STC), and was doing well in the car.

Over the years he's driven just about anything.

Just don't offer him a Corvette. }:)
Richard Jung
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Eric Clements wrote:... Fj (cars without reverse) can have help staging, stay on outboard side so T&S can see numbers. Move away when shot clock buzzer goes off.
Did not know that. - Thx
Mark Duerst
Club: GRA
Car#: 173

Post by Mark Duerst »

Richard Jung wrote:
Eric Clements wrote:... Fj (cars without reverse) can have help staging, stay on outboard side so T&S can see numbers. Move away when shot clock buzzer goes off.
Did not know that. - Thx

This does not apply to you Rick - only everyone else in JA & JB :heyes: j/k (is that better Bill & Steve)
Last edited by Mark Duerst on Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark Duerst
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Mark - what class is: "Fj j/k"? And if that's a kart, how do they fit all those letters on their little karts?
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Wow! RT entries went through the roof in the last week or so! And they're all single drivers.

I never thought there'd be a chance I'd pull to the lights in regular ProSolo competition against a Boss 302 :lol:
==============
Davin Swanson
Car#: 979

Post by Davin Swanson »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Wow! RT entries went through the roof in the last week or so! And they're all single drivers.
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My goal is to come in at least 19th out of 21. Beat my next-to-the-bottom performance last weekend by at least one place. :mrgreen:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

They dropped the F....

So, J j/k 8-)
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600