June Super Regional Registration Open-RUN ORDER ADDED

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Bret Norgaard

Re: June Super Regional Registration Open

Post by Bret Norgaard »

Being that I have been out of the Solo scene for far too long, I just got word about the Super Regional this past weekend while chairing the Lone Pine Time Trials. I would really love to run and support this event. However, my car is still under the knife. So, I am going to just put on the ol' "bottom feeder" jacket and see if anyone would be interested and willing to offer a co-drive. My girlfriend, Jennifer, is up for a Ladies class ride as well if her work schedule permits. Happy to put in my fair share towards related costs for the weekend and take all the anticipated jokes about my newly shaping beard. :mrt: I see that late entry fees kick in after tomorrow (June 6) so it would be great to hear back sooner than later if interested.

Thanks in advance!

yawsport@gmail.com
Bret Norgaard
San Diego Region, #170
DCCSD
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Bret Norgaard wrote:Being that I have been out of the Solo scene for far too long, I just got word about the Super Regional this past weekend while chairing the Lone Pine Time Trials. I would really love to run and support this event. However, my car is still under the knife. So, I am going to just put on the ol' "bottom feeder" jacket and see if anyone would be interested and willing to offer a co-drive. My girlfriend, Jennifer, is up for a Ladies class ride as well if her work schedule permits. Happy to put in my fair share towards related costs for the weekend and take all the anticipated jokes about my newly shaping beard. :mrt: I see that late entry fees kick in after tomorrow (June 6) so it would be great to hear back sooner than later if interested.

Thanks in advance!

yawsport@gmail.com
I really hope you can make it Bret. If you're late getting in, give me a holler. I can probably pull some strings. It'll be nice to see you back.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
DJ Toups

Post by DJ Toups »

Have you classed the BRZ/FR-S locally? I might try RTR if there's a way to run. thanks/Des, SFR.
Davin Swanson
Car#: 979

Post by Davin Swanson »

Don't think we've classed it, but you can always run CST... any street-legal car on 140 or higher treadwear tires.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Davin Swanson wrote:Don't think we've classed it, but you can always run CST... any street-legal car on 140 or higher treadwear tires.
I agree. You could theoretically run RTR, but there's no way to apply the index to use it to compare your times to your competitors'
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Some interesting subplots I'll be watching with interest at the Super Regional:
* Alien vs Alien: Heitkotter vs. Buetzer in CS
* Brian Howlett driving hardware that predates me, taking on the rest of E Stock (still holding to their mutually assured destruction pact and running street tires)
* STC and STR (they're always entertaining to watch, particularly given the caliber of our local drivers)
* Art Grant finally getting to race against a full class...and there's nobody named Berry going up against him :gpower: :gpower: :gpower:
* Ogling Howard Hall's Alfa GTV :heyes: :heyes: :heyes:
* CP...I love those cro-magnon mobiles and we never get to see them locally
* Another strong RTR field
* Me vs. Max (he's already saying he's going to kick my butt next weekend...I'm going to enjoy whupping him and reminding him about it for the short time I can)
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
John Stimson
Club: PSCC
Car#: 124

Post by John Stimson »

Des, the July Fastrack is likely to have the classification for the FR-S/BRZ. If it comes out in the next two weeks, T&S will know which index to use.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

DJ Toups wrote:Have you classed the BRZ/FR-S locally? I might try RTR if there's a way to run. thanks/Des, SFR.
Subaru (NOC) : HS ;-)

I think there used to be more NOC's, but either I'm thinking of SP classes or they've been removed.

There also used to be a rule that allowed non-classed (i.e. yet to be classed) cars to run SS locally and ASP nationally/divisionally. Don't know if that's gone or if I'm now missing it.

Jay W
DJ Toups

Post by DJ Toups »

Thanks, folks, appreciate the response. I'll aim for another SoCal event later in the year -- the RTR class looked like a lot of fun.

From what I can tell, FastTrack comes out toward the end of the month.

FYI, if I remember right NWR used to class new cars on its own until the national staff did, so impatient car buyers like me could have our jollies in class.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

DJ Toups wrote:Thanks, folks, appreciate the response. I'll aim for another SoCal event later in the year -- the RTR class looked like a lot of fun.

From what I can tell, FastTrack comes out toward the end of the month.

FYI, if I remember right NWR used to class new cars on its own until the national staff did, so impatient car buyers like me could have our jollies in class.
DJ,

It doesn't make sense to me to make you wait on this. I've been reading the various forums, and while there are certainly several opinions, it would seem that a good portion are leaning towards C stock. And I'm pretty comfortable with that, so I'm going to make the executive decision that, regionally, we will run the BRZ/FR-S in C stock, until we find out differently.

If it turns out that the magic 8 ball is wrong, we will deal with that issue later. Please come out and join us. Sign up as CS-RTR.
kj
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

If he is going to run RTR (an indexed class), a 'wrong' class wouldn't change who he runs with anyways. It also wouldn't be that wacky to retroactively adjust his index if we got the class wrong.

Jay W
KJ Christopher wrote:If it turns out that the magic 8 ball is wrong, we will deal with that issue later. Please come out and join us. Sign up as CS-RTR.
DJ Toups

Post by DJ Toups »

KJ Christopher wrote:
It doesn't make sense to me to make you wait on this. I've been reading the various forums, and while there are certainly several opinions, it would seem that a good portion are leaning towards C stock. And I'm pretty comfortable with that, so I'm going to make the executive decision that, regionally, we will run the BRZ/FR-S in C stock, until we find out differently.

If it turns out that the magic 8 ball is wrong, we will deal with that issue later. Please come out and join us. Sign up as CS-RTR.
Thanks for understanding. Registred, and looking forward to the weekend./des
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

DJ Toups wrote:Thanks for understanding. Registred, and looking forward to the weekend./des
And I'll be looking forward to seeing a BRZ/FR-S on course for the first time (didn't get to watch them running the Scion a few months back). :gpower:
==============
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Some interesting subplots I'll be watching with interest at the Super Regional:

* Brian Howlett driving hardware that predates me, taking on the rest of E Stock (still holding to their mutually assured destruction pact and running street tires)
Okay, once again for those from Rio Linda....

Entries within Cal Club in ES were nil and far between. Almost non-existent. So, some racers got together and said "what if we revived ES locally just for fun"? Not for Nationals, just for fun locally. How to do it? What's the issue? Oh, the issue is the cost involved in running R-Comps. So, the group agrees to run street tires for 2012 "to see how it goes". For most of the year, ES has had 5 or more entries. For the Super Regional, we're at 6 and counting.

We welcome Mr. Howlett and, now, Mr. Boyle. One or both of them MAY kick our asses. They would appear to be anomolies due to the event. We're here for the duration.

"Mutually assured destruction"? We think not. More like mutually assured FUN. Try it, you'll like it.

On another front, San Diego's ES all run R-Comps. I compete down there on "street tires". Even so, I've managed to crawl into 3rd place in the standings. Nevertheless, after the first 5 events I've been an average of 2.5 seconds out of 1st place. At the 6th event this past weekend, I ran R-Comps for the first time ever. Now I'm .445 seconds behind Hank in 1st Place. Now THAT's another kind of FUN.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Ed Holley wrote: Okay, once again for those from Rio Linda....

Entries within Cal Club in ES were nil and far between. Almost non-existent. So, some racers got together and said "what if we revived ES locally just for fun"? Not for Nationals, just for fun locally. How to do it? What's the issue? Oh, the issue is the cost involved in running R-Comps. So, the group agrees to run street tires for 2012 "to see how it goes". For most of the year, ES has had 5 or more entries. For the Super Regional, we're at 6 and counting.

We welcome Mr. Howlett and, now, Mr. Boyle. One or both of them MAY kick our asses. They would appear to be anomolies due to the event. We're here for the duration.

"Mutually assured destruction"? We think not. More like mutually assured FUN. Try it, you'll like it.

On another front, San Diego's ES all run R-Comps. I compete down there on "street tires". Even so, I've managed to crawl into 3rd place in the standings. Nevertheless, after the first 5 events I've been an average of 2.5 seconds out of 1st place. At the 6th event this past weekend, I ran R-Comps for the first time ever. Now I'm .445 seconds behind Hank in 1st Place. Now THAT's another kind of FUN.
:roll:
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Jeff Stuart wrote: :roll:
Say it ain't so, Jeff.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

So the way Motorsportreg.com works was changed slightly with regards to Indexed/PAXed classes. All "Classes", indexed or not, now appear in the "CLASS" drop down, with the drop down labled "PAX" being where you select your base class if you are running in an index class. There are none of the indexed classed in the "PAX" drop down. However, the system does not prevent you from selecting something in the "PAX" drop down if you are running in a non-indexed class. For some reason, around 20-25 people did select something in the "PAX" drop down even though they were running in a non-indexed class, usually it was the same class they selected in the "CLASS" drop down. Just curious why.

While it seemed obvious to me not to select anything in the "PAX" drop down unless I was running in a PAXed class, others saw it differently. I want to understand so I can give feedback to the developers. I would personally make it so an admin can mark a class as being indexed and that the "PAX" drop down would only appear if you selected a "CLASS" that was in fact indexed. Thanks for any help in your thought processes so we can make this a better product to use.

Rick
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Rick Brown wrote:So the way Motorsportreg.com works was changed slightly with regards to Indexed/PAXed classes. All "Classes", indexed or not, now appear in the "CLASS" drop down, with the drop down labled "PAX" being where you select your base class if you are running in an index class. There are none of the indexed classed in the "PAX" drop down. However, the system does not prevent you from selecting something in the "PAX" drop down if you are running in a non-indexed class. For some reason, around 20-25 people did select something in the "PAX" drop down even though they were running in a non-indexed class, usually it was the same class they selected in the "CLASS" drop down. Just curious why.

While it seemed obvious to me not to select anything in the "PAX" drop down unless I was running in a PAXed class, others saw it differently. I want to understand so I can give feedback to the developers. I would personally make it so an admin can mark a class as being indexed and that the "PAX" drop down would only appear if you selected a "CLASS" that was in fact indexed. Thanks for any help in your thought processes so we can make this a better product to use.

Rick
I got a little lost there, but I also got lost when registering; I am running CSP, but I normally run the PAX class. Anyway to get that changed?
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Rick Brown wrote:For some reason, around 20-25 people did select something in the "PAX" drop down even though they were running in a non-indexed class, usually it was the same class they selected in the "CLASS" drop down. Just curious why.
I just assumed it was different for the Super Regional so that people could select their national class and also select the local class (PAX, SK1, SK2, CST, etc...) for local scoring purposes. That's why I selected STX as the main class and PAX as the secondary class. Thanks for fixing it up!
Daryl Lane
Car#: 32

Post by Daryl Lane »

I got a little lost there, but I also got lost when registering; I am running CSP, but I normally run the PAX class. Anyway to get that changed?[/quote]

I asked admin on the site - click on the dash board - then click on the event dash board on right - then click on the update-change registration link. Make changes and click on continue. This is where it looks like you are registering again and paying again, but it does not charge you again, at least it has not so far and I changed Adam's and mine classing Tuesday just checked bank account.
Last edited by Daryl Lane on Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Daryl Lane wrote:I asked admin on the site - click on the dash board - then click on the even dash board on right - then click on the update-change registration link. Make changes and click on continue. This is where it looks like you are registering again and paying again, but it does not charge you again, at least it has not so far and I changed Adam's and mine classing Tuesday just checked bank account.
Thanks for checking it out. I went to edit my registration only to find there was no place to "save" the change. Like you I was hesitant to push the button that implies I'm submitting a second entry. Poorly crafted.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Rick Brown wrote:I would personally make it so an admin can mark a class as being indexed and that the "PAX" drop down would only appear if you selected a "CLASS" that was in fact indexed.
Rick
Clearly, this is the way to go if we can get them to implement.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Daryl Lane
Car#: 32

Post by Daryl Lane »

OK they were wrong it charged me for entries again going to have to call them!
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Nobody was charged for the Super Regional until last night when I pushed the button.
kj