GRA Practice July 21 El Toro

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Brian Chmielewski

GRA Practice July 21 El Toro

Post by Brian Chmielewski »

This is an invitation to the Guldstrand and Friends Solo II Practice, Saturday July 21, 2012 (85 entrants max.). There will be no verbal reservations and no online registration for this practice. Your spot is reserved by your check in a postmarked envelope. There will be no shared run/work entries. The cost for this practice will be $50 for GRA members and $70 per person for everyone else. Please make your checks out to CSCC Solo II and mail to: GRA, P.O. Box 8209, Mission Hills, CA 91346-8209. Include your e-mail address. Check out the message board on solo2.com for your registration conformation. If you have to cancel and we fill your spot, we’ll destroy your check. There will be two lists. The first list is for GRA members and friends. The second is a waiting list of everyone else, who will be listed in the order that their entries are received according to the postmark. On July 16th, if there are less than 85 people on the GRA member and friends list, we will fill the remaining spots from the second/waiting list. So, get your entries in early, because after the 16th, with both lists, the event will most likely be full.
Schedule
All entrants will need to check in at registration before 8:30 AM to choose a work group (there will be 5 work groups) and receive their colored wrist band for that group (first come, first choice). If you desire a particular work group, you need to get there early, closer to 7:00 AM. If you haven’t checked in by 8:30 AM, your spot will be given to someone on the waiting list who is there.
GRA will provide free coffee and muffins in the morning, with water throughout the day. The Junior Karts will be permitted to run during the lunch break (approximately 3/4 hour) under the supervision of their parents.
What to expect
With only 85 entries, you should get plenty of runs. For this event we're going to maintain a 1 1/2 hour per work group time, changing workers on the fly. You will work only once. With daytime highs averaging 80 degrees, the surface should be perfect for maximum grip. The course will be fast and flowing.
When you arrive - Come through the main gate on Marine Way and turn right. Follow the ORANGE POINTER CONES to our site. Be sure to sign the event waiver at the entrance to our area. Park your car in any open spot and come to registration for check-in.
No Overnight Camping - There is no overnight camping allowed on this site. However, personal belongings, including vehicles, may remain overnight. Everything must be removed by the time we leave on Sunday. Neither Cal Club, GRA, El Toro Fields or AMCI will be responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen property.

Driving directions
For turn by turn driving directions to the event, just left click on the map to the right. For those preferring to use GPS, use 6982 Marine Way, Irvine, CA 92618 as the destination.
As with any venue, we want to make a good impression on our landlords. With that in mind, please use the receptacles for your trash and do not leave trash anywhere on site. Also, have respect for the neighbors and drive carefully both inside and outside the site.
Schedule:
7:00 - Tech/Registration Opens 8:25 - Course closes for walking 8:35 - Mandatory Safety Meeting. Tech/Registration closes 8:45 - Workers check-in 9:00 - First car out

Work Schedule
Red Group 8:45 to 10:15 Blue Group 10:15 to 11:45
Lunch Break and Junior Karts 11:45 to 12:30
Green Group 12:30 to 2:00 Yellow 2:00 to 3:30 White Group 3:30 to 4:30

Safety:
Held under the SCCA Solo Rules and the CSCC Solo Supplemental Regulations.
Helmets must conform to Snell 2000 or newer. Some loaner helmets will be available.
No alcohol or other intoxicants may be used by anyone on the event site.
Speed limits - Paddock 5 MPH; Access road 25 MPH
PLEASE USE CAUTION at all times while on site.

Special Rules:
Competitors under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by BOTH parents. Waiver forms are available at SCCA.com
Closed exhaust - 100db @ 50' noise standard.
Event officials reserve the right to make changes as needed without further notice.

Event Officials:
EventMaster - Brian Chmielewski Registration – Navis Olsen Timing and Scoring – Scott McHugh and Rick Brown Course Designer – Casey Quinn and Jason Swindle Workers – Mark Duerst Tech – Bill Chin Gate – Karen Zaterman Safety Steward – Quoc-Viet Dang Grid – Guy Ankeny
Alex Valencia
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 304

Re: GRA Practice July 21 El Toro

Post by Alex Valencia »

Hello,
Is this the Test & Tune event for Sunday July 22? I am unfamiliar with "Guldstrand and Friends" and GRA, can someone fill me in? I'm still new around here, so I easly get confused especially with all of the acronyms :roll: . Thanks!
Mack Tsang
Car#: 188

Post by Mack Tsang »

What's GRA?
San Francisco Region
FSP #188 - Mazda3
Justin Tsang
Car#: 88

Post by Justin Tsang »

Planning to come down from Norcal
FSP 88 Mazda 3
STX 88 v1 Mazdaspeed 3, v2 E36, v3 BRZ, v4 WRX?
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Alex Valencia wrote:Hello,
Is this the Test & Tune event for Sunday July 22? I am unfamiliar with "Guldstrand and Friends" and GRA, can someone fill me in? I'm still new around here, so I easly get confused especially with all of the acronyms :roll: . Thanks!
GRA (Guldstrand Racing Association) is one of the local clubs (Like CASOC or PSCC).
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

We have six clubs that make up our region. Guldstrand is one of those clubs. This June 30-July 1 practice and Autocross Sunday are being held as a collaborative effort by all clubs. The July 21 weekend is being administered by one of the individual clubs.

The GRA practice will be on Saturday, July 21. Attendance is limited to 85 per the GRA flier. They have a priority system for getting into this event that is explained in the post. GRA will determine how the event will be run and will control the operation according to precedents they have established.

Autocross Sunday is also hosted by GRA but the number of entrants is unlimited, the operation of the event is more standardized, and the event will qualify for regional championship points.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Brian,

How is registration for Junior Karters being handled and what is the fee for them going to be?

Thanks.
Stephen
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Brian Chmielewski

Post by Brian Chmielewski »

Karts are free during the lunch period only. They are to be supervised by their parents
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

Mack Tsang wrote:What's GRA?
This might help: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=6350" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Justin Tsang

Post by Justin Tsang »

Can we get an update if our entry will be accepted or not? I know you said the list will become open on July 16th, but we are coming from NorCal, so I would need to plan for hotel and locating a trailer.
FSP 88 Mazda 3
STX 88 v1 Mazdaspeed 3, v2 E36, v3 BRZ, v4 WRX?
Tristan Littlehale

Post by Tristan Littlehale »

Justin Tsang wrote:Can we get an update if our entry will be accepted or not? I know you said the list will become open on July 16th, but we are coming from NorCal, so I would need to plan for hotel and locating a trailer.
Please and Thank You! I will also be coming from Norcal.

Thanks,
-Tristan
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

Is this going to be a 'test 'n tune' type format. E.G. Run whenever you're not working? Thanks.
Mark D.
Bob Hempy
Club: GRA
Car#: 27

Post by Bob Hempy »

All our Cal Club (or any other region) autox regulars, as well as those relatively new to autox events, are highly encouraged to sign up, i.e., submit your check, for the Saturday practice, as well as consider attending the Sunday autox event, as registration has been light thus far. You may have an excellent chance of not only getting into the Saturday Practice but you may have an opportunity to get extra runs, and/or fun runs both days.
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Brian Chmielewski wrote:Karts are free during the lunch period only. They are to be supervised by their parents
Is there any possibility of a separate kids course (even if it is just for Saturday)? Parents can take care of set up and tear down if there is space. I volunteer to be Youth Steward if that helps.
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Donald Lew

Post by Donald Lew »

Looking forward to coming down for two days of fun! We need to test a bunch of stuff on the car. Mostly I just want to make sure it runs :)

Don
SM Supra
Bob Hempy

Post by Bob Hempy »

I am unsure from what geographical area you are coming. The standard format for our Cal Club Solo Region (CSCC Solo) involve a practice ("test and tune") event on Saturday and a competition Championship event on Sunday. Ten to twenty practice runs on Saturday and three to five competition runs on Sunday. Please sign up and find out.

Bob
Bob Hempy

Post by Bob Hempy »

Mack Tsang wrote:What's GRA?
Under the umbrella of Cal Club Solo Region, we have a an Executive Board and some six locally competing clubs. Each club hosts at least one event weeken a year. GRA is hosting this event weekend.

Bob
Bob Hempy

Post by Bob Hempy »

Just send in your check and surf within the CSCC Solo web site for explantion.

Bob
Bob Hempy

Post by Bob Hempy »

For those who might be new to this web site, the details below represent some technical/official language with regard tp decorum and procedure.

Bob
Brian Chmielewski wrote:This is an invitation to the Guldstrand and Friends Solo II Practice, Saturday July 21, 2012 (85 entrants max.). There will be no verbal reservations and no online registration for this practice. Your spot is reserved by your check in a postmarked envelope. There will be no shared run/work entries. The cost for this practice will be $50 for GRA members and $70 per person for everyone else. Please make your checks out to CSCC Solo II and mail to: GRA, P.O. Box 8209, Mission Hills, CA 91346-8209. Include your e-mail address. Check out the message board on solo2.com for your registration conformation. If you have to cancel and we fill your spot, we’ll destroy your check. There will be two lists. The first list is for GRA members and friends. The second is a waiting list of everyone else, who will be listed in the order that their entries are received according to the postmark. On July 16th, if there are less than 85 people on the GRA member and friends list, we will fill the remaining spots from the second/waiting list. So, get your entries in early, because after the 16th, with both lists, the event will most likely be full.
Schedule
All entrants will need to check in at registration before 8:30 AM to choose a work group (there will be 5 work groups) and receive their colored wrist band for that group (first come, first choice). If you desire a particular work group, you need to get there early, closer to 7:00 AM. If you haven’t checked in by 8:30 AM, your spot will be given to someone on the waiting list who is there.
GRA will provide free coffee and muffins in the morning, with water throughout the day. The Junior Karts will be permitted to run during the lunch break (approximately 3/4 hour) under the supervision of their parents.
What to expect
With only 85 entries, you should get plenty of runs. For this event we're going to maintain a 1 1/2 hour per work group time, changing workers on the fly. You will work only once. With daytime highs averaging 80 degrees, the surface should be perfect for maximum grip. The course will be fast and flowing.
When you arrive - Come through the main gate on Marine Way and turn right. Follow the ORANGE POINTER CONES to our site. Be sure to sign the event waiver at the entrance to our area. Park your car in any open spot and come to registration for check-in.
No Overnight Camping - There is no overnight camping allowed on this site. However, personal belongings, including vehicles, may remain overnight. Everything must be removed by the time we leave on Sunday. Neither Cal Club, GRA, El Toro Fields or AMCI will be responsible for damaged, lost, or stolen property.

Driving directions
For turn by turn driving directions to the event, just left click on the map to the right. For those preferring to use GPS, use 6982 Marine Way, Irvine, CA 92618 as the destination.
As with any venue, we want to make a good impression on our landlords. With that in mind, please use the receptacles for your trash and do not leave trash anywhere on site. Also, have respect for the neighbors and drive carefully both inside and outside the site.
Schedule:
7:00 - Tech/Registration Opens 8:25 - Course closes for walking 8:35 - Mandatory Safety Meeting. Tech/Registration closes 8:45 - Workers check-in 9:00 - First car out

Work Schedule
Red Group 8:45 to 10:15 Blue Group 10:15 to 11:45
Lunch Break and Junior Karts 11:45 to 12:30
Green Group 12:30 to 2:00 Yellow 2:00 to 3:30 White Group 3:30 to 4:30

Safety:
Held under the SCCA Solo Rules and the CSCC Solo Supplemental Regulations.
Helmets must conform to Snell 2000 or newer. Some loaner helmets will be available.
No alcohol or other intoxicants may be used by anyone on the event site.
Speed limits - Paddock 5 MPH; Access road 25 MPH
PLEASE USE CAUTION at all times while on site.

Special Rules:
Competitors under 18 years old MUST have a waiver signed by BOTH parents. Waiver forms are available at SCCA.com
Closed exhaust - 100db @ 50' noise standard.
Event officials reserve the right to make changes as needed without further notice.

Event Officials:
EventMaster - Brian Chmielewski Registration – Navis Olsen Timing and Scoring – Scott McHugh and Rick Brown Course Designer – Casey Quinn and Jason Swindle Workers – Mark Duerst Tech – Bill Chin Gate – Karen Zaterman Safety Steward – Quoc-Viet Dang Grid – Guy Ankeny
Bob Hempy

Post by Bob Hempy »

Justin Tsang wrote:Can we get an update if our entry will be accepted or not? I know you said the list will become open on July 16th, but we are coming from NorCal, so I would need to plan for hotel and locating a trailer.
If you are coming from San Francisco Region, and you have not yet sent in your registration for the Saturday Practice, freel free to use my name as a GRA guest.

Bob Hempy
GRA Club Representative
Bob Hempy

Post by Bob Hempy »

Stephen Yeoh wrote:
Brian Chmielewski wrote:Karts are free during the lunch period only. They are to be supervised by their parents
Is there any possibility of a separate kids course (even if it is just for Saturday)? Parents can take care of set up and tear down if there is space. I volunteer to be Youth Steward if that helps.
With the coverage of the required Youth Steward, this will occur.

Bob Hempy
GRA Club Representative
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Tristan Littlehale wrote:
Please and Thank You! I will also be coming from Norcal.

Thanks,
-Tristan
For anyone traveling, your spot is guaranteed both days. Just make a note on you entry.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Navis Olsen

Post by Navis Olsen »

The entry confirmation list is now on this forum.
Steve Towers
Club: No$
Car#: 87

Post by Steve Towers »

Bob Hempy
GRA Club Representative
You'll have to be careful where you put the kids course. Cal Club and PCA are sharing the venue on Sunday and I would expect PCA to setup on Saturday.
Navis Olsen

Post by Navis Olsen »

Steve Towers wrote:

Bob Hempy
GRA Club Representative
You'll have to be careful where you put the kids course. Cal Club and PCA are sharing the venue on Sunday and I would expect PCA to setup on Saturday.

The course will depend entirely on what area they give us, and we won't find that out until this coming week.
Navis Olsen