Instructors needed

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Eric Clements
Solo Safety Steward
Club: No$
Car#: 30

Instructors needed

Post by Eric Clements »

Perry asked me to post this

Hello,

I’m writing to offer a unique opportunity to spend a weekend with a half-dozen exotic cars, mainly Ferraris and Lamborghinis.

My name is Perry Aidelbaum, owner of AutoX4u.com, head of the Northern New Jersey SCCA Solo program (host of the NJ Pro in 2011 and Northeast Divisionals in 2012).  I’m working with Imagine Lifestyles (http://www.imaginelifestyles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) to put on the best supercar experience possible, utilizing a fast, flowing autocross-style course which I design.

We’re going to be in your area at (Fontana Speedway) on (November 8,9,10,11 ), and we’re in need of qualified/personable instructors to help run the event.

As an instructor, you will be expected to do a very basic autocross instruction – following three main rules:

1.       Safety First – make sure the customer doesn’t hurt themselves, other customers, or the cars.

2.       Have Fun – ensure that the customer is comfortable and enjoys their time with Imagine Lifestyles and with the cars, and feels that they got a good value for their dollar.

3.       Teach a Little – basic safety/hand and seat position, basics of getting around the course by looking ahead, positive reinforcement, and maybe some car dynamics talk.  Most importantly they cannot go wide open throttle until the wheel is straight.

Some of the non-instruction duties include helping customers in and out of the cars, talking to them before they get into the cars, and keeping the course moving (grid, pit in, cones) – though working the course is far less strenuous than a local event, as we use bikes to get around quicker.

Here’s a video of a typical in-car experience, and what you can expect from our courses and what we hope you can do while instructing: http://youtu.be/aYhyMGIxE7o You don’t have to be as detailed this instructor, but we love seeing hand signals.

Imagine Lifestyles is a very professional organization designed around giving the customer the ultimate in their high-end experience. Safety is of the utmost importance, and you will not encounter any of the hijinks that have gotten other exotic car companies in the news.

Instructors are paid $150 per day, with lunch, drinks and company shirt and hat supplied by Imagine Lifestyles.  Additionally, there is an opportunity to drive the cars as customers can pay for passenger rides.  The guys at Imagine Lifestyles understand that the primary reason you may be interested in coming out for the event is the opportunity to drive, so they have made some changes to encourage more passenger rides.  We will work to get as many as possible within the confines of the event.

The current fleet of cars is:

Lamborghini LP560-4 Convertible

Lamborghini LP560-4 Convertible

Lamborghini LP550-2 Bicolore Coupe

Ferrari 599 GTB

Ferrari 430 Coupe

Ferrari 430 Convertible

Ferrari 430 Scuderia (not the best instructor car, it’s very loud inside :D)

If you are not local, you will have to provide your own accomodations.

If you are interested, please email me directly at autox4u@gmail.com, with the subject “(LA Instructors) ", and let me know your availability and qualifications/experience.

We’ve hosted events in Boston, Chicago, and Washington D.C. already with a lot of success and everyone had a lot of fun.  Come on out for the chance to spend some quality time with the types of cars you had on your wall as a kid.

--
Perry A
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: Instructors needed

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Already signed up! What's not to love?!?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Bump! Sounds like Perry needs about seven more instructors. Dates have changed to Fri. 11/9 and Sat. 11/10. It's $150 per day you can work and you'll be instructing in Ferraris and Lambos. Not guaranteed, but very likely you'll get to take at least one run in one of said cars. What more could a car guy ask for than to get paid to instruct and drive in a supercar none of us would normally get a chance to drive? If you're available/interested, email Perry at autox4u@gmail.com
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

No more Instructors needed
David Avard
Club: PSCC
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

Too bad
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Says it all ... :D
Attachments
4 TB 8.jpg
4 TB 8.jpg (333.16 KiB) Viewed 20356 times
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Some more photos: http://public.fotki.com/makofoto/2012-r ... festyles-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Worked long hours ... but I think most of it thought it was well worth it. Not sure what ex-F1 driver Allen Berg got out of it ... but he was able to spread the word on his racing school at Ca Speedway ... which does sound like a lot of fun.

I personally didn't get a chance to DRIVE one of the Ferrari's, LOTS of Instruction runs (there were something like 600 participants over 2 days, times 3 laps) ... but the AWD Lambo Gallardo was amazing to drive. I remember an interview with a F1 driver who talked about how an F1 allows the driver to do anything he wants with a car. Compared to any other car I've ever AX'ed, including a GT3 and set-up Vette's, the Lambo seemed flawless ... it was ferocious, had amazing brakes, got the power down, and even with relatively low performance tires one could totally lean on it ... and that was without having it in the CORSA (Track?) setting. If I recall correctly it's one of the cars that TopGear Jeremy Clarkson actually bought for himself.

Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Twice in the F430. The Ferrari "bark" is backed up by its bite. Amazing brakes, well-balanced and plenty of power.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Instructor and road racer Kevin Madsen took some of his own shots of his passengers enjoying the rides:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (118.1 KiB) Viewed 20268 times
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

^^^ G Forces can be good things ^^^
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Funny thing is, the Laws of Gravity don't seem to be applying in the above picture.....
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

We need to see the video!
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Sweet baby Jeebus!
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Well if they need instructors for future events, posting that picture will insure plenty of applicants.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Video from our two day event as "Pro Drivers" ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0DHz75v ... xw&index=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arthur Grant
Club: TCC
Car#: 314

Post by Arthur Grant »

To me the photo's look like sufficient reason to volunteer as a novice instructor to gain the skill set needed to volunteer.
Bob Beamesderfer

It isn't a volunteer gig.
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Bob Beamesderfer wrote:It isn't a volunteer gig.

Yep understand it's a paid position, but without experience teaching novice or above, I wouldn't even the guts to throw my name on the sign up list, is what I meant. One I doubt I would have been accepted, but more importantly I wouldn't want to short change a paying customer by not having the skills to teach the person paying the bill.
Bob Beamesderfer

Arthur Grant wrote:
Bob Beamesderfer wrote:It isn't a volunteer gig.

Yep understand it's a paid position, but without experience teaching novice or above, I wouldn't even the guts to throw my name on the sign up list, is what I meant. One I doubt I would have been accepted, but more importantly I wouldn't want to short change a paying customer by not having the skills to teach the person paying the bill.

Ah, understood.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Road racer Kevin Madsen keeps his eyes on the road, while giving Ms. Sanchez a ride in her favorite Imagine Lifestyle car, The Red One:

... lucky for you, you don't have to watch the road. You can check out Kevin's excellent Pro form ... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2noRikzt5lM&sns=em" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Driver wore a helmet to hide the ear to ear grin. little weird to see a passenger without a helmet on.
Mako Koiwai

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Little weird that you even noticed No Helmet. ;)
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Arthur Grant wrote:Driver wore a helmet to hide the ear to ear grin. little weird to see a passenger without a helmet on.
It's OK though Art. Better to see her hair blowing in the wind. :P
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Michael Oest

Post by Michael Oest »

She has hair???????
I had to go watch the movie a second time to confirm. :)
Arthur Grant

Post by Arthur Grant »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Little weird that you even noticed No Helmet. ;)
actually the first thing I notice was the lighting, then the camera angles and editing, then the no helmet.