Oct 14th, UpThere Videos

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

UpThere Video

Clips Video is up

Post by UpThere Video »

Here: http://www.uptherevideo.com/sports.html#PSCCHH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'll do the requested runs in the next couple of days as requests come in and I have time. Be sure to have any/everyone that might be interested to let me know which car.
http://www.UpThereVideo.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Offering affordable, accessible mastcam aerial video for events, sports, concerts, and more!
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: Oct 14th, UpThere Videos

Post by Anthony P. »

330 PLz
Max Hayter
Club: CASOC
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

31 please.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Tristan Littlehale

Post by Tristan Littlehale »

354 Please and Thank You
Ira Cruz
Club: No$
Car#: 789

Post by Ira Cruz »

789 and 798 please. Thank you!
Anthony Munoz
Club: PSCC
Car#: 50

Post by Anthony Munoz »

50 please. TIA.
"Smooth is fast, but fast is quicker"
UpThere Video

Individual Runs are Up THERE!

Post by UpThere Video »

Here's a link. If your car is in the list above, but not on the following page, let me know and I'll put them up for you.

As always, tips would be greatly appreciated and can be offered through the PayPal link in the individual runs page.

http://www.uptherevideo.com/PSCCHH.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Offering affordable, accessible mastcam aerial video for events, sports, concerts, and more!
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Anthony Munoz wrote:50 please. TIA.
Anthony, I didn't notice your request till today. I'll have it up on the page this afternoon. My bad.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Ira Cruz wrote:789 and 798 please. Thank you!
Ira, I did double check and I did not get 789 at all and I missed your request, but will add 798 this afternoon.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Tristan Littlehale wrote:354 Please and Thank You
Tristan, your request also is just now noticed. Will have it up this afternoon.
Jay Tingzon
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 514

Post by Jay Tingzon »

#603 please

I watched the general video from 10/14 and got addicted. Ended up watching almost all the autocross/rally cross vids haha.
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Hi JL,

Just saw my video...Thanks! It looks great! Really cool to see what it looks like from outside the car.

I just thought of a way you might try to coordinate which run the cars are on, so we can sync with our in-car video. I know that most people who have in-car take footage from all their runs. If I know which run number you shot, then I can easily incorporate your footage into mine. What you might do is have someone with a radio near the queue by the starting line, you tell the person which car you're filming next, then your person near the queue can ask that driver what run number they're on.

I'd be happy to help with that when I'm not running, working or prepping my car.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Hi JL,

Just saw my video...Thanks! It looks great! Really cool to see what it looks like from outside the car.

I just thought of a way you might try to coordinate which run the cars are on, so we can sync with our in-car video. I know that most people who have in-car take footage from all their runs. If I know which run number you shot, then I can easily incorporate your footage into mine. What you might do is have someone with a radio near the queue by the starting line, you tell the person which car you're filming next, then your person near the queue can ask that driver what run number they're on.

I'd be happy to help with that when I'm not running, working or prepping my car.
Yep, I've even got a couple of walkie talkies for just such. I guess I'll need a couple or three volunteers. Also only those that come to this forum even know about the videos, and I've never the time to hand out a mini-flyer. Perhaps as one is in queue, the volunteer can get the run # and hand them the way to find who to contact about getting the runs up online (me).
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

By the way everyone, I'm going to be at the RallyX on Sunday, so if anyone is going and wants to volunteer to help better organize the vids as mentioned above, it'd be great. I'll see about getting fresh batteries for the wts.
Paul Wehrman
Club: No$
Car#: 724

Post by Paul Wehrman »

Always looking for 724 or 742 Thanks Paul
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Paul Wehrman wrote:Always looking for 724 or 742 Thanks Paul
I'll get yours up overnight. I only have 724.
Last edited by UpThere Video on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

BY THE WAY...

The address to download the individual runs is

http://www.uptherevideo.com/SiteVideos/ ... v/CarX.flv" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

where X is your car number. Only the runs that have been requested and posted on the Individual runs page will download, so if yours doesn't and your car # is in the list, let me know and I publish them on the page for you.

If when you type that in, you get a player playing the video instead of a dialog asking where to save the file, like I just did for the first time, go into your browser add-ons (might be considered a plugin or an addon) and temporarily disable the VLC player or whichever player is over-riding the normal response to the above address.
Last edited by UpThere Video on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Also for those with smartphones or tablets or just prefer YouTube, the short clips video is uploaded to the YouTube channel now.

http://www.youtube.com/user/UpThereVideo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Byron Goodman
Car#: 757

Post by Byron Goodman »

Car #757 please

Thanks,
Byron
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Byron Goodman wrote:Car #757 please

Thanks,
Byron
I only have a partial run on yours. A larger gust knocked me offf course on yours. I'll post it though. Look for it Monday or Tuesday as I'll be at RallyX tomorrow and packing up for same tonight.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Re: Clips Video is up

Post by Ed Holley »

Thank you for posting the link for individual car "clips" (car #921-Sharon's run). Because none of my installed "players" will play the ".flv" format, I had to download a free player among the myriad that are available online. Aside from all the "crap" that you have to accept that comes with a free download (other software), I was able to get the video to play but was terribly disappointed with the video and audio acting as though it was not running correctly. I don't know if it is the player OR the video itself. The hassle of it all makes it hard to get too excited about the whole process. It seems that it ought to be a lot easier to become a customer. ;)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Ed Holley wrote:Thank you for posting the link for individual car "clips" (car #921-Sharon's run). Because none of my installed "players" will play the ".flv" format, I had to download a free player among the myriad that are available online. Aside from all the "crap" that you have to accept that comes with a free download (other software), I was able to get the video to play but was terribly disappointed with the video and audio acting as though it was not running correctly. I don't know if it is the player OR the video itself. The hassle of it all makes it hard to get too excited about the whole process. It seems that it ought to be a lot easier to become a customer. ;)
Quick question, does it play okay on the page it's posted on after you've allowed it to buffer fully? Perhaps the player is not a good. The JW Player seems to usually work for those I know who have it, might try it.

Additionally, I've do not try to get AutoX or RalllyX as customers per se because there is so much that can go wrong with both venues. To date, it's gone pretty well, but add too much wind, and you get a lot of wind noise as you've noticed, or as in the first Sept AutoX, I was too close to the pits and got all that noise. If I set up in the wrong place, which does happen since until I'm set up I can't be sure I'll be able to track the runs fully, then I'm screwed because I cannot be moving around trying to reset while races are on-going. That's why it's tips only, and at that, pretty darn modest tips.

FLV is what most folks can play from on-line, though they are downloadable, the point is for you to enjoy them, not for me to sell them to you.

Lastly, as I have offered others, if you desire a different format, please let me know specifically what you want and I'll provide it for you.
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

UpThere Video wrote:
Ed Holley wrote:Thank you for posting the link for individual car "clips" (car #921-Sharon's run). Because none of my installed "players" will play the ".flv" format, I had to download a free player among the myriad that are available online. Aside from all the "crap" that you have to accept that comes with a free download (other software), I was able to get the video to play but was terribly disappointed with the video and audio acting as though it was not running correctly. I don't know if it is the player OR the video itself. The hassle of it all makes it hard to get too excited about the whole process. It seems that it ought to be a lot easier to become a customer. ;)
Quick question, does it play okay on the page it's posted on after you've allowed it to buffer fully? Perhaps the player is not a good. The JW Player seems to usually work for those I know who have it, might try it.

Additionally, I've do not try to get AutoX or RalllyX as customers per se because there is so much that can go wrong with both venues. To date, it's gone pretty well, but add too much wind, and you get a lot of wind noise as you've noticed, or as in the first Sept AutoX, I was too close to the pits and got all that noise. If I set up in the wrong place, which does happen since until I'm set up I can't be sure I'll be able to track the runs fully, then I'm screwed because I cannot be moving around trying to reset while races are on-going. That's why it's tips only, and at that, pretty darn modest tips.

FLV is what most folks can play from on-line, though they are downloadable, the point is for you to enjoy them, not for me to sell them to you.

Lastly, as I have offered others, if you desire a different format, please let me know specifically what you want and I'll provide it for you.
I'm pretty sure I allowed it to buffer. Beyond .flv format, if I could play it on Quicktime that would be nice. I DO appreciate all that you are doing. Just waiting to sort out the ability to play in quality and get a "clip" of #912 in addition to #921.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
UpThere Video

Post by UpThere Video »

Ed Holley wrote:
UpThere Video wrote:

I'm pretty sure I allowed it to buffer. Beyond .flv format, if I could play it on Quicktime that would be nice. I DO appreciate all that you are doing. Just waiting to sort out the ability to play in quality and get a "clip" of #912 in addition to #921.
I've never used QT, could you give me a file format please. Is it playing properly when you just watch if from the on-line page? I just re-watched it and except for the wind effecting both the audio and a tiniest bit of jumpiness, it's running fine for me. I did use tie-downs but with a 25mph wind with gusts up to 40mph (which is what the NWS says for Fontana that day), the tie-downs can only do so much, particularly when a gust hits it. Judging by the sound, I'm thinking it was very windy at the time 921 run was recorded. Perhaps the next AutoX will be better for your purposes.

Of course you're welcome. I do AutoX because of the challenge it offers me and my set up. Thank you for tolerating me. As noted in the conversation above, I am trying to find a better system for making sure I get at least one run for everyone. Perhaps you and/or Sharon could volunteer for the walkie talkie person during your down time to help achieve that end.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Real Player will play FLV and virtually everything else, and even let you edit slightly. Free and reliable.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...