January 27th Event Registration Open

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Ken Lord
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 951

Re: January 27th Event Registration Open

Post by Ken Lord »

RT classes are brand new for the season locally. We need to give them a chance to succeed or fail on their own merits. Combining them before the season has started is saying they are a failure before they've even started - and if you come into it with the idea that it will fail, then it already has. Wasn't that the whole argument against even having street tire stock classes in first place? While I understand the desire to prevent orphaned drivers, I feel we're making decisions for something that hasn't even been given a chance locally yet just to make sure one or two drivers don't feel left out of competition.
[/quote]

Reread CPM - it allows for groups within CPM to have their own class if they have enough drivers. I happen to like having more competition than the minimum to be a class. I won a CSP jacket with I think 4 drivers. It is a jacket, but it doesn't mean as much as a jacket in a class with 10 drivers and winning. Winning in a class of 4 or 5 just means you showed up more than somebody else and had OK times.

Nobody is asking to horn in on RTR (or I think not) but if you look at the last event the top 6 spots had two RTF and 1 RTA. Maybe the idea of combining all RT is a threat to the RTR crowd }:)
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Ken Lord wrote:I think RTA has a much better chance than RTF at least in CSCC to meet the minimum size for a full class. As far as from a National perspective - I have no idea what is going to happen to RTF. I do think what Kurt is petitioning for is a combo RTF/RTA much like there is CPM locally. That seems to make local sense. If not why would Kurt or other orphaned drivers locally come out to every event.
RT classes are brand new for the season locally. We need to give them a chance to succeed or fail on their own merits. Combining them before the season has started is saying they are a failure before they've even started - and if you come into it with the idea that it will fail, then it already has. Wasn't that the whole argument against even having street tire stock classes in first place? While I understand the desire to prevent orphaned drivers, I feel we're making decisions for something that hasn't even been given a chance locally yet just to make sure one or two drivers don't feel left out of competition.
Based on entries over the last couple years, it's pretty easy to extrapolate SK1/SK2 to RTR/RTA/RTF entries, so it's not like we're starting with a clean slate. Personally, I don't like separating the classes by driveline, but that's pretty much a done deal. But what's the problem with doing something like we do with CPM, where if one of the classes (RTA or RTF) makes a class for the year, it compiles points accordingly? That's planning for multiple scenarios, not coming into it with the idea that it will fail. Having a Plan B is never a bad idea in my experience.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Ken Lord wrote:
Reread CPM - it allows for groups within CPM to have their own class if they have enough drivers. I happen to like having more competition than the minimum to be a class. I won a CSP jacket with I think 4 drivers. It is a jacket, but it doesn't mean as much as a jacket in a class with 10 drivers and winning. Winning in a class of 4 or 5 just means you showed up more than somebody else and had OK times.
Plus, just because there are enough drivers at the end of the year to make a class doesn't mean there will be enough drivers at individual events to make it interesting in each class. RTR will easily be able to make class event to event, so they're not even part of this conversation, but I can't see a downside to having RTA and RTF run together at events even if one or both of them ends up making a class at year's end for points.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Ken Lord wrote: Maybe the idea of combining all RT is a threat to the RTR crowd
I've been competing against RTF and RTA cars for six seasons now, I hardly consider a combined RT class a "threat." :roll: If that was the case, I would have gone C-Stock only a long time ago.
Kurt Rahn wrote: RTR will easily be able to make class event to event, so they're not even part of this conversation
I believe that RT classes are all part of the same region and anyone who is a member of this forum may participate in the discussion. I'm not completely up on my rules, but don't you just need three drivers for a local class for the entire season? I don't really see the point of combining them if that's the case because you are not only going to have two drivers for the entire season. It just feels like you're doing this just to do it.

Rick has already stated that we can change the results later if required to do so due to a class combining. I still say we should try it as is for several events instead of establishing new rules for a problem that doesn't exist yet. While you can extrapolate all the numbers from the past you want, that isn't a guarantee those numbers will be the same in the future - just like the stock market.

Just for S's and G's, what would this combined class be called? RT F 'n' A?
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Leonard Cachola wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote: RTR will easily be able to make class event to event, so they're not even part of this conversation
I believe that RT classes are all part of the same region and anyone who is a member of this forum may participate in the discussion.
Sorry if it sounded like I was dismissing your opinion or like anyone isn't entitled to express their opinion. I just meant that RTR will have plenty of participants, so combining them with RTA and RTF shouldn't even be considered.
Leonard Cachola wrote:I'm not completely up on my rules, but don't you just need three drivers for a local class for the entire season? I don't really see the point of combining them if that's the case because you are not only going to have two drivers for the entire season. It just feels like you're doing this just to do it.

Rick has already stated that we can change the results later if required to do so due to a class combining. I still say we should try it as is for several events instead of establishing new rules for a problem that doesn't exist yet. While you can extrapolate all the numbers from the past you want, that isn't a guarantee those numbers will be the same in the future - just like the stock market.
I don't care about the jacket at the end of the year...I already have one }:) :lol: I think Ken and I just want someone to interact with while we're running. It's no fun to sit in grid and not have someone to compare times with, talk crap to/about, encourage/discourage, etc. While I will enjoy running with Max by myself, running with others makes the experience more fun. Yes, I *hope* RTF will thrive, but given that fact that it's wrong-wheel-drive when it comes to sports cars and that the folks who drive FWD rice rockets tend to mod the hell out of them, the reality is that there just aren't that many eligible, competitive stock-class FWD cars out there. I personally think that separating by driveline was a mistake, but it's what we're stuck with and it's better than not having road tires at all. So locally, why not have a Plan B and let RTF and RTA run together, even if they end up making class at the end of the year?
Leonard Cachola wrote:Just for S's and G's, what would this combined class be called? RT F 'n' A?
I like that! It's better than RTF'ed.
==============
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Kurt Rahn wrote: I think Ken and I just want someone to interact with while we're running. It's no fun to sit in grid and not have someone to compare times with, talk crap to/about, encourage/discourage, etc. While I will enjoy running with Max by myself, running with others makes the experience more fun.
Since all RT classes run together and announced times will all be indexed, you can compare times and talk crap and encourage/discourage all you want. Doesn't matter if they are combined or not. I make a motion we table this discussion. :D
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Leonard Cachola wrote:Just for S's and G's, what would this combined class be called? RT F 'n' A?
Nope... FART

Jay W
Davin Swanson
Car#: 979

Post by Davin Swanson »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Nope... FART

Jay W
You win the internet, sir!
David Avard
Car#: 13

Post by David Avard »

RT-ARF
David Avard
'89 Honda Civic Si
'07 Mazda 3
'99 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'88 UHaul
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Forget all this letter confusion. The obvious answer is buy a C-mod car. It's only two letters and you'll go a hell of a lot faster. :P
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Don Salyers
Club: No$
Car#: 42

Post by Don Salyers »

George Schilling wrote:....go to hell a lot faster. :P
fixed that for ya, George.....

Don
George Schilling
Club Representative

Don Salyers wrote:

Don
Wow.......What's with everyone fixing my quotes lately! :lol:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

George Schilling wrote:
Don Salyers wrote:

Don
Wow.......What's with everyone fixing my quotes lately! :lol:
Must be some kind of group New Year's Resolution. They must think you need a lot of help. Or it's a plot by Schenker to deflect the attention away from himself for a change.
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

George Schilling wrote:
Don Salyers wrote:

Don
Wow.......Why does everyone think I need fixing lately! :lol:

Lately?!
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
George Schilling
Club Representative

Bill Schenker wrote:
George Schilling wrote:

Lately?!
Bill, who's feeding you these zingers? You're not this clever! :lol:
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

George Schilling wrote:
Bill, who's feeding you these zingers? You're not this clever! :lol:
Ummm... his wife :heyes:
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Bill Schenker

Post by Bill Schenker »

George Schilling wrote:
Bill Schenker wrote:
George Schilling wrote:

Lately?!
Bill, these are great zingers! You're so clever! :lol:
Thank you, George!
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Bill Schenker

Post by Bill Schenker »

Max Hayter wrote:
George Schilling wrote:
Bill, these are great zingers? You're so clever! :lol:
Ummm... his wife is so lucky to have him :heyes:
Yes, I know!..............and I'm completely safe here as she never joins this circus!
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
Jason Javier
Car#: 700

Post by Jason Javier »

2 Questions

1: Does the event ever get canceled due to weather? If so how do we find out and when?
2: When I registered I had put in for a points card that day but it wasn't in the system yet. Should I just have it changed Sunday? (I registered with 616 buy my permanent number is 700).
Christine Grice
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 17

Post by Christine Grice »

Jason Javier wrote:2 Questions

1: Does the event ever get canceled due to weather? If so how do we find out and when?
2: When I registered I had put in for a points card that day but it wasn't in the system yet. Should I just have it changed Sunday? (I registered with 616 buy my permanent number is 700).
Hi Jason!

We race in the rain. The only kind of weather that cancels our events is when it is so windy that double stacked cones won't stay standing.

Have the registration table update your number to your new permanent number. I think you could also go into motorsportsreg and update it before the registration deadline closes, but if you don't then just get it fixed Sunday.
~Christine Grice
2006 Mitsubishi Evolution, Berry Family Racing/Hoosier/ChaseCam
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Christine Grice wrote:
Jason Javier wrote:2 Questions

Hi Jason!

We race in the rain. The only kind of weather that cancels our events is when it is so windy that double stacked cones won't stay standing.

Have the registration table update your number to your new permanent number. I think you could also go into motorsportsreg and update it before the registration deadline closes, but if you don't then just get it fixed Sunday.
Number updated to 700 for the event. I do see your number in the permanent number list, maybe Kurt just updated it.
Jason Javier
Car#: 700

Post by Jason Javier »

Thank you. He added it yesterday afternoon. See you all tomorrow. ~ Jason
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Rick Brown wrote:Number updated to 700 for the event. I do see your number in the permanent number list, maybe Kurt just updated it.
Yup.
==============