February 16 Practice Registration Open

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

February 16 Practice Registration Open

Post by Rick Brown »

Click HERE for information or to apply for the event.

Confirmed entries will be posted by February 10th.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Scott McHugh
Club: GRA
Car#: 45

Re: February 16 Practice Registration Open

Post by Scott McHugh »

What is the limit, and are there still openings? I have a few newbies that may come to 2/16.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Scott McHugh wrote:What is the limit, and are there still openings? I have a few newbies that may come to 2/16.
Usually around 80. There are only 27 applications so far.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

I'm going to post the entry list tomorrow. This event will sell out. If you want in, be sure to register right away. Don't delay.

If you are a chief or are volunteering to work under a chief, be sure to get registered ASAP. Once the list is posted and the event filled, there is little I can do to get you in.

Thanks everyone for being a part of the SCCA and Cal Club.

Don't forget to register for the banquet at the same time. It's this Sunday and registration will be closing soon.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

The entry list is posted. We will be able to take a few more guests so don't hesitate to register. However, don't delay. This will be a sell-out. I don't want you to be left out.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Karen and I would like to convert my single entry into a shared entry .... is that possible to do the day of, since she still hasn't found out 100% if she can make it?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Mako Koiwai wrote:Karen and I would like to convert my single entry into a shared entry .... is that possible to do the day of, since she still hasn't found out 100% if she can make it?
No problem Mako. You can let me know anytime.
Sean Fenstermacher
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 81

Post by Sean Fenstermacher »

Hi George,

One of my friends/guests just signed up for the event, but the entry list doesn't list him.
Name is Timothy Thomas. It'll be his first autocross and hopefully he'll become a regular!
If the event is full and you can't squeeze him in, please let me know so I can pass the word on.
Thanks!
George Schilling
Club Representative

Sean Fenstermacher wrote:Hi George,

One of my friends/guests just signed up for the event, but the entry list doesn't list him.
Name is Timothy Thomas. It'll be his first autocross and hopefully he'll become a regular!
If the event is full and you can't squeeze him in, please let me know so I can pass the word on.
Thanks!
Right now I've got 8 on the wait list. Tim is number 5. It's not unusual to have several cancellations so he still may get in.
Hi Ly
Car#: 52

Post by Hi Ly »

George,
This is Hi Ly. I won't make it this Saturday. Please take me off the list. Thanks
George Schilling
Club Representative

Hi Ly wrote:George,
This is Hi Ly. I won't make it this Saturday. Please take me off the list. Thanks
Roger that Hi.
Matt Ales
Car#: 87

Post by Matt Ales »

Hey George,

Will you be posting a final list before the event? Looks like I forgot to register for the wrong event if you had 8 waiting yesterday. Probably won't get in from the waitlist unless someone wants to change from a single to a split entry.

Thanks
#87 - 2006 BMW M3
George Schilling
Club Representative

Matt Ales wrote:Hey George,

Will you be posting a final list before the event? Looks like I forgot to register for the wrong event if you had 8 waiting yesterday. Probably won't get in from the waitlist unless someone wants to change from a single to a split entry.

Thanks
Here's the entry list Matt. It changes daily as I receiver cancellations
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Matt Ales wrote: Looks like I forgot to register for the wrong event...
?????? :?

It's been a slow day. ;)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Ken Motonishi
Club: GRA
Car#: 491

Post by Ken Motonishi »

George,

I signed up but don't see my name as I did so late. But I can't make it so please cancel my entry if I happen to be on the wait list. Thank you.
Dood, are you gonna eat that?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Ken Motonishi wrote:George,

I signed up but don't see my name as I did so late. But I can't make it so please cancel my entry if I happen to be on the wait list. Thank you.
Done Kenny. Thanks for the heads up. Makes my job a lot easier. :)

BTW everyone, there has been movement on the entry list and there will likely be more. If you entered and do not see your name on the list, be sure to check back frequently. I suspect we'll have a few more cancellations in the next 24 hours. Right now, there are eight or nine people on the wait list.
Corey Harmon

Post by Corey Harmon »

George,

I'd like to request use of one of the loaner helmets - not sure how many will be onsite so I just wanted to make sure that at least one was set aside for me :)

Thanks,
Corey Harmon
George Schilling
Club Representative

Corey Harmon wrote:George,

I'd like to request use of one of the loaner helmets - not sure how many will be onsite so I just wanted to make sure that at least one was set aside for me :)

Thanks,
Corey Harmon

First come, first served Corey. Get there early.
George Schilling
Club Representative

The practice is FULL with eight on the wait list. The cancellation deadline has passed, but if someone does cancel before Saturday, I'll email those on the list and the first to respond gets in.

Walk-up entries will only be accepted if we have no-shows. The list for walk-ups will be compiled at registration on a first come, first served basis. Replacement entries, if available, will be sold starting at @8:45 AM on Saturday morning.

If you are registered and have been accepted into the practice, be sure to ckeck-in by 8:45 AM or you may lose your spot. If for some reason you're running late but you know you will be there, call me before 8:45 @ 562-884-9850 to place a hold on your spot.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

We might bring Robert out. Are juniors going to run at lunch break?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:We might bring Robert out. Are juniors going to run at lunch break?
From 11:50 to 12:40
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins