Marana, AZ Multi Regional Challenge Feb 23rd-24th

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

clint child

Marana, AZ Multi Regional Challenge Feb 23rd-24th

Post by clint child »

Hey Guys, wanted to let you know we have a two day event coming up and registration opens up tonight at 7pm. A few CA guys came out for the last two day event so hopefully some of you can make it out again and maybe even some new faces!

It's a good sized site with smooth grippy asphalt.

Here is a video of one of my runs a few events back to give you and idea of the lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyV1y3xiMpI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can also check http://www.azsolo.com/forums" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; in the Tucson section for more info as it gets posted.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Re: Marana, AZ Multi Regional Challenge Feb 23rd-24th

Post by Craig Naylor »

Sound's fun, but I'm a bit confused.
You posted dates for a Sat & Sunday, but the registration site specifically states it is a Friday and Saturday event. At first I just assumed the dates were wrong, but it actually states "Friday" and "Saturday".

How many people do you get to show up on a Friday?
clint child

Post by clint child »

Not sure where you are seeing that. It's FEB 23rd and 24th which is a Sat and Sun.

I intended to post the link to the event reg and completely skipped it, my bad for that one.

http://www.azbrscca.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

clint child wrote:Not sure where you are seeing that. ...
Say that here, in the event 'blocks' on the lower right:
http://www.mindthecones.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jay W
clint child

Post by clint child »

Very weird because I checked that this morning before replying and it said Sat and Sun and still does, so I'm not sure what's going on. Maybe it was fixed overnight and it's a cache thing? maybe try refreshing. Either way it's definitely Sat and Sun.

EDIT: Just talked to the mind the cones guy and he said he is looking into the issue, thinks it may be time zone related. Anyways, definitely Sat/Sun.

Here is a link to the event discussion.

http://www.azsolo.com/forums/index.php? ... ntry139246" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT #2: the days should be corrected now, Sat and Sun! Let me know if it's still and issue, thanks for the heads up.

BTW, Elliot S is going to be doing the course, yes the same guy who will be doing one of the nationals courses this year. So if you want to try out his style courses here is an opportunity!

STR guys definitely need to come out and have some showdowns with the AZ STR group, it would be a great preview for SD, ET, and Nats!
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

clint child wrote:EDIT: Just talked to the mind the cones guy and he said he is looking into the issue, thinks it may be time zone related. Anyways, definitely Sat/Sun.
Time zone might throw it off by an hour, not the wording of which day... mute point at this time, it is now reading Sat & Sunday, with a registration cut of of Thursday 6pm.

Which brings up a different question. Will there be room to squeeze in a last minute registrant, if I learn I have the weekend off on Friday?
clint child

Post by clint child »

Craig Naylor wrote:
clint child wrote:EDIT: Just talked to the mind the cones guy and he said he is looking into the issue, thinks it may be time zone related. Anyways, definitely Sat/Sun.
Time zone might throw it off by an hour, not the wording of which day... mute point at this time, it is now reading Sat & Sunday, with a registration cut of of Thursday 6pm.

Which brings up a different question. Will there be room to squeeze in a last minute registrant, if I learn I have the weekend off on Friday?
Don't shoot the messenger! :lol:

You can actually show up and register on site, we should have room. I mean if you drive out from CA last minute, we'll make room.
Brian Peters

Post by Brian Peters »

This weekend will be well worth the trip. Marana is a large, very smooth asphalt site that rubbers in to shockingly high grip levels (yet still very easy on tires). Elliot will ensure a National caliber course and the Saturday night social dinner is always a great gathering for bench racing and frosty beverages.

I think it's time for more CA people to head east and experience AZ autocross.

Oh yeah, and I'll buy beers for any STR drivers that can beat the 2013 STX National Champion. :D
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

If you can convince some STF guys to show up I might just make the trip.
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
clint child

Post by clint child »

Bobby Beyer wrote:If you can convince some STF guys to show up I might just make the trip.
There was a mazda 3, Fiesta, and a Mini at the last event and they are regular attendees. There is also a Scion TC at almost every event. I believe the other mini from phoenix, has to skip this event or there would be 5.
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Clint do I have to go both days or is there a Sunday or Saturday only option?
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

Somebody say beer?
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Brian Peters wrote:Oh yeah, and I'll buy beers for any STR drivers that can beat the 2013 STX National Champion. :D
So....I guess that would be a future beer? ;)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Tristan Littlehale

Post by Tristan Littlehale »

I am thinking about it... Clint are there any STU guys in AZ?
Richard Jung
Club: PSCC
Car#: 71

Post by Richard Jung »

Tristan Littlehale wrote:I am thinking about it... Clint are there any STU guys in AZ?
Clint used to codrive Ben's STU Evo. Also Jonathan Eddy's STi has won the at the SD tour
clint child

Post by clint child »

You can come Sat, Sun, or both!

Tristen, Richard is right, currently Jon Eddy in a very mild STI (lowering springs and wheels)(he did win the SD Tour a couple years back however) is basically the only STU car right now. Ben C and I used to run his EVO, but that car is being prepped for rally cross now. So it would basically be a PAX type competition for you out here besides the 1 STU car. However the site is really nice and we should have some good courses. They will be two completely different courses also, we aren't just reversing the course for day two.

Just get lugod to come along and you guys can caravan out. Lugod, you have to come out and run our site in STR trim before you switch to BSP domination! :lol: