Thank you Mike Simanyi and all of PSCC

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Thank you Mike Simanyi and all of PSCC

Post by Mark DeShon »

Big thanks need to go out to everyone who helped to put together the event last weekend. There were some challenges, but everyone pulled through and nothing turned major. Special thanks to Mari Clements for being her usual worker-bee self. I saw her doing just about everything all at once, including running radios with fresh batteries out to course workers. Mari embodies the saying, "If you want something done right, do it yourself."
Biggest thanks go to Mike Simanyi for pulling double duty and putting together two fantastic courses back to back. Both courses absolutely kicked my butt, but I still wanted more time on them. I wish all of our courses were that creative and challenging. Imagine how good the drivers in our already great region would be if we had to wrestle with that every weekend. Great job, Mike! :thumbup:
Mark D.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: Thank you Mike Simanyi and all of PSCC

Post by George Schilling »

What Mark said!

I really enjoyed this course. Thank you Rick, Mike, and the gang at PSCC.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

I need to give a bunch of thanks, too.
First and foremost to all the Chiefs from PSCC that made my job relatively easy despite a few challenges and the distraction of trying to get my kart actually running in time to compete. To Mike Simanyi and his setup team for great courses that I too totally enjoyed despite leaving a lot on the table. To Mari Clements for covering Timing & Scoring and as Mark pointed out a little bit of everything else. Ken Lord for keeping the workers working and dealing with the inevitable challenges that entails. Curt Luther for organizing the Gate/Waivers workers, David Barrish for making sure all the cars were in safe operating condition. Will Kalman for shepherding the youth course on Saturday. Tom Tanquary and Bill Schenker who stepped up as needed throughout the weekend and the rest of the PSCC members who contributed to making it all work whose names I can't remember at the moment. Chiefs, feel free to acknowledge those I've missed.

PSCC also had some valuable outside help: George Shilling worked his magic on the practice registration with his usual excellent organizational skills. Maggie Jardine, Gayle Jardine, Jonathan Hartendorp and the rest of the Registration Team who continue to fine tune the system to make it better every event. Pete Loney for all his help on the course setup and cleaning. Stacey & Kencey Christopher who volunteered to help re-chalk all the cones after Friday night's rain. And Bobby Beyer who provided the needed assistance to get the Timing motorhome from AutoClub Speedway down to El Toro at the last minute!
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Mari Clements
Car#: 130

Post by Mari Clements »

And major kudos to...Rick Brown, who showed us all that he's not JUST a timing and scoring wizard, but a pretty terrific event chair as well. :gpower: (I always wanted to be able to use the cheerleader smiley...)
Doug Teulie
Car#: 99

Post by Doug Teulie »

Mari Clements wrote:And major kudos to...Rick Brown, who showed us all that he's not JUST a timing and scoring wizard, but a pretty terrific event chair as well. :gpower: (I always wanted to be able to use the cheerleader smiley...)
:thumbup:
Doug T
PSCC CSCC #99 /SCNAX SD #151 LT Points 23,600.
TEAM DHE/FAST 1976 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 SILVER SCIROCCO
TEAM DHE/FAST 1980 KARMANN 8V FSP MK1 RED SCIROCCO
Need VW parts?--->http://www.parts4vws.com Need Wax?--> Mother's
Tom Tanquary
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 705

Post by Tom Tanquary »

:gpower: :thumbup:
[youtubeShortLink][/youtubeShortLink]"Our intelligence grew faster than our wisdom.... "
Mako Koiwai
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 34

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Is there a rule that prohibits repeating great courses? :thumbup:
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

I concur with the lovefest! Great course and a great weekend!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

I also thought it was a very good course. :thumbup:
Mihail Milkov

Post by Mihail Milkov »

I enjoyed driving the course very much, so thanks Mike! :) My only problem was that after walking it twice during the short lunch break, I simply didn't remember it very well. This explains why my runs got progressively faster from first to fourth. In fact, my last run was full 6 s faster than my first run! Considering I've been doing it for more than 10 years, it is quite pathetic actually. I admire people that can nail down the same (fast) lap time from lap one to lap four. I wish I knew what their secret was :)
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Mihail Milkov wrote:I enjoyed driving the course very much, so thanks Mike! :) My only problem was that after walking it twice during the short lunch break, I simply didn't remember it very well. This explains why my runs got progressively faster from first to fourth. In fact, my last run was full 6 s faster than my first run! Considering I've been doing it for more than 10 years, it is quite pathetic actually. I admire people that can nail down the same (fast) lap time from lap one to lap four. I wish I knew what their secret was :)
Evo Phase 2

;-)
Mihail Milkov

Post by Mihail Milkov »

Robert Puertas wrote: Evo Phase 2

;-)
A quote from the Evo school webpage: "All students must provide their own two-seat vehicle for the day"
I have a four-seat vehicle, so do I need to remove the rear seats in order to be allowed to take part in the Evo School? ;)
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

And another BIG Thank You to Mr. Simanyi. The new Irvine City Council has created many more rules and hoops to jump through to use El Toro. We actually didn't know if we were going to be able to use it until Friday. Mike put a lot of effort and time (of which he has little to spare) into making it all happen. Well done, Sir.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Rick Brown wrote:And another BIG Thank You to Mr. Simanyi. The new Irvine City Council has created many more rules and hoops to jump through to use El Toro. We actually didn't know if we were going to be able to use it until Friday. Mike put a lot of effort and time (of which he has little to spare) into making it all happen. Well done, Sir.
:thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Tom Denham
Car#: 237

Post by Tom Denham »

All this butt licking :shock: Like we talked about Mike, 1st great 4 run WTH???
:heyes:
Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 513

Post by Jonathan Hartendorp »

^Yes, BIG BIG tip of the hat and thanks to Rick Brown and PSCC along with Mike Simanyi for doing everything above and beyond the call of duty to make sure the event would run!!! :thumbup:

And the course was great too!!! I both loved and wished I had more time to "perfect" it :heyes: