Great Course last Sunday

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Brian Howlett
Car#: 111

Great Course last Sunday

Post by Brian Howlett »

Well done to all for a great course Sunday. Lots of room for various lines and the course flowed exceptionally well.

Thanks
Morgan Plus 4 #111 8-)
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Re: Great Course last Sunday

Post by Pete Loney »

Let me recognize my advisors/consultant that worked along with me all weekend on the course layout.
Both Toby Larsson and Mike Simanyi helped out a bunch for the visuals, safety and the "Big" changes made from Sat. to Sun.

Otherwise I achieved all of my goals for the two courses. Sat. was to be a long course, with a tightish technical first half.
Then it opened up and had the expanding walloms going donwhill with a big pucker moment before braking.

Under feedback from the Sat. participants, I/we eleimintated 4 back to back 90 degree corners to shorthen the length and pain factor.
The result was the med. to fast lane change before the finish, of which was my favorite section.

I had the biggest addrenaline rush of my auto-x career on my second run, WOW :thumbup:

Thanks to all that gave me constructve feedback and or compliments. A very rewarding weeekend for me for sure.

A point of clarification. Reijo went all off on me for DNF'ing my first run on my own course.
He forgot to mention why.
First time I ever grabbed the clutch instead of the brake in the lane change high G section of the course and flew out the back of a 90 degree corner.
Luckily no course worker was there. Whew.... I think I need a harness now :oops:

Pete....
Last edited by Pete Loney on Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Sebastian Rios
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 397

Post by Sebastian Rios »

Pete: Thanks for adding the pointer to the 4 cone slalom, it made for a true slalom and had good flow entering and exiting.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Club: CASOC
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Sounds cool! Sorry I couldn't be there. Great kudo's to all the people who stepped up to make it a success.

I always figured Pete with a little more experience would eventually become one of our best course designers. He really gets into it.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Agreed! Pete you did an outstanding job. I enjoyed the course both days, but in particular on Sun., very challenging and fun. I LOVED the last 1/4 of the course!
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

Sunday's was the most fun course I've driven in quite some time! I especially liked being able to carry speed through all the elements, and the downhill corner was entertaining. It was also very nice to have enough width to play with lines.
Bob Beamesderfer
Club: PSCC

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

I had a good time on Saturday's course, despite the lack of grip from dead Hoosiers. :shock: Wish I'd been there Sunday, but my car's showing symptoms of a failing head gasket. :cry:
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

great course layout definitely! i had a blast that sunday. Kudos to Seb. R for holding it down in STS. I know next year is going to be VERY competitive. My car needs A LOT of work but i should be done setup wise by the end of this month. Then its ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!! :lol:
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Cam Correa
Club: Team Blew
Car#: 306

Post by Cam Correa »

Being a Newbie, I dont have much to compare it to......
But I loved both days, they were both challenging course's! :thumbup:
http://www.Class3Racing.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.TheWebWheeler.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Steve Glusman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 424

Post by Steve Glusman »

More of the same.....I enjoyed practice Saturday and really liked the runs Sunday.

I hit a rare cone...on my 4th and fastest run only to not beat my arch rival the 850 FIAT......

I also enjoyed Reijo's announcing.....in my case he urged me on to "go faster"....and I did try and hit the stupid cone...

In the case of Pete, the course designer...he couldn't help poke good fun...he knew exactly what probably happened.....and if you can't take pokes at your friends...and arch rivals...well.....

AND......the weekend runs were just my prelude to my national premier.......and the courses in SoCal couldn't have prepared me better....I felt like I had seen every scenerio presented on both the East and West course at some time....and even saw a few cones meant to such mw in.....which they still did on occasion....but at least I saw them ahead of time.....boy do they come up faster when running in the car rather than doing a nice walk!!!

Looking forward to our next event! As always....don't want to come in last! :heyes:

Steve G #424