SCNAX CUP VIII 2013- POST UP YOUR TEAM!!!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 513

SCNAX CUP VIII 2013- POST UP YOUR TEAM!!!

Post by Jonathan Hartendorp »

After a long hiatus and back by popular demand:

SCNAX CUP VIII: The SCNAX Cup is BACK!!! :thumbup:

DO YOU think your driving skills are better than most if not ALL drivers? :roll:

Want to see if your Kung-Fu driving technique is better than the other guy? 8-)

Or do you just want to drive your buddy's car to prove a point and show him "How it's supposed to be done, son?" ;)

SO back by popular demand, the SCNAX Cup is a one-day competition happening on October 5th that lets you test your driving skills in different cars against other drivers/rivals!

Teams consisting of 3 drivers in 3 different cars compete against each other in a battle of driving skill, precision, and wits in order to see who is the best and fastest to win the SCNAX Cup!

GENERAL RULES (more details to follow):

Drivers:

3 drivers, 3 cars (2 okay for teams w/normal co-drivers) - at least 1 car must be a different drivetrain (FWD, RWD, AWD, Kart/UWD). 3 cars is still highly recommended for logistics & fun purposes.

Competition:

Saturday only, 4 runs per driver in each car ONLY (12 total).

Team Points - best time in each car counts (For 2 car teams, best time in each car, but car w/ 2 times must be from different drivers). Points/times are off indexing system (combination of car class time + driver indexing below), not raw time.

Numbering:

# system similar to Nationals/Regionals - xx, 1xx, 2xx; no local numbers, easier to keep track of teams

Indexing System:

- w/ each entry, you will be required to provide their most recent 3 event results for indexing (we only count 2012-2013) - event date, your car class, your pax time, and top pax time of that event.
- if you do not supply it, you will run some default handicap (based on class leader or something of our choosing).
- if you don't have 3 events between 2012-2013, we will average out however many they have run and/or add a default handicap depending on situation (again of our choosing)
- if you lie about your index, you will run some default handicap + extra punishment (evil punishment to be determined).

AWARDS:

The SCNAX CUP will be awarded to the BEST/FASTEST team! :king:

AND trophies will be given out to the 2nd and 3rd place teams along with these awards:

> "MVP" Most Valuable Pax - The driver with the lowest raw time (before driver's PAX) :)

> "MVC" Most Valuable Car Award - The car with the lowest total PAX Time :D

> "MVD" Most Valuable Driver Award – The driver with the lowest fully indexed total time ;)

SO do you think you got what it takes to be the fastest???

:arrow: :computer: LONELY AND DON'T HAVE A TEAM YET? Team sign-up sheet here!
(but you still need to register separately though):

Fill out form here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1FrTwew ... g/viewform
Remember to save the link for editing your response later. Otherwise, just PM me & I can update the google doc.

View all responses here (to look for teams):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... c#gid=form

Let's try this and see how it works out. This is the first time I'm using Google Forms, so bear with me.
Last edited by Jonathan Hartendorp on Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:53 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Mako Koiwai
Car#: 34

Re: SCNAX CUP VIII 2013!

Post by Mako Koiwai »

Think you can beat the reigning Champs!? :king: :lol:

Kurt Rahn
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Fun! Okay who's got a RWD or AWD car big enough to fit me?
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Morgan Trotter
Club: PSCC
Car#: 61

Post by Morgan Trotter »

My truck is RWD and AWD Kurt. I could fit 5 of you in it...
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Morgan Trotter wrote:My truck is RWD and AWD Kurt. I could fit 5 of you in it...
But would it pass rollover requirements? Great torque out of corners! :heyes:
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Mike Yanase
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 16

Post by Mike Yanase »

Mako Koiwai wrote:Think you can beat the reigning Champs!? :king: :lol:

Yes :D
Robert Baltazar
Car#: 591

Post by Robert Baltazar »

I'm interested! Will a kart do for a Rwd?
1991 turbo RX7 12.4 111.18 mph http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmeEuCbcNUg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cal speedway 1.55
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhunwtiGLk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Robert Baltazar wrote:I'm interested! Will a kart do for a Rwd?
Short Answer: Yes, maybe.

Long Answer: The reasoning for the "other" wheel drive, was so those proficient one end wheel drive, had to attempt a not normal for them wheel drive. I believe having a Kart in the mix satisfied the "other" wheel drive requirement, no matter what your two others were. BUT, a Kart could only be one of your (in this case, three) entries.

Art... want to chime in and confirm my memory of the rules?

The biggest challenge with a kart is having a group similar enough in size to fit in the same kart, and have all the safety equipment required to run one for each member.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Craig Naylor wrote:
The biggest challenge with a kart is having a group similar enough in size to fit in the same kart, and have all the safety equipment required to run one for each member.
Size yes, equipment not really. Only unique thing required is the neck brace and who ever has the kart will have one.
G. Driver Safety Equipment
1. Neck Braces: An unaltered, collar type neck brace designed for motor sports use, is mandatory. Kart-specific neck braces are recommended.
2. Driver Apparel: Drivers are minimally required to wear jackets of leather, vinyl, or abrasion resistant nylon or equivalent, and full length pants to prevent or minimize abrasions. Full abrasion kart suits are recommended. Shoes, socks, and abrasion resistant gloves are mandatory.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Alex Valencia
Car#: 304

Post by Alex Valencia »

I'm ready. Free agent! :gpower:
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Kind of. At one point we declared Karts to be a 'Unique Wheel Drive', it was to qualify a team the was three RWDs and wanted the Kart as their 4th. The reasoning was kind of how you described, besides being RWD, the kart didn't have much in common with the other cars. We also allow for 'swapping' karts for size purposes.

Just so everyone is clear. This is a concept Art, me, and several other early SCNAX members came up with while drinking heavily after a long hot event. As a result, it doesn't always make sence, but is a whole lotta fun.

Jay W
Craig Naylor wrote:
Short Answer: Yes, maybe.

Long Answer: The reasoning for the "other" wheel drive, was so those proficient one end wheel drive, had to attempt a not normal for them wheel drive. I believe having a Kart in the mix satisfied the "other" wheel drive requirement, no matter what your two others were. BUT, a Kart could only be one of your (in this case, three) entries.

Art... want to chime in and confirm my memory of the rules?

Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:Kind of. At one point we declared Karts to be a 'Unique Wheel Drive', it was to qualify a team the was three RWDs and wanted the Kart as their 4th. The reasoning was kind of how you described, besides being RWD, the kart didn't have much in common with the other cars. We also allow for 'swapping' karts for size purposes.
Unique Wheel Drive it is! Update the drivetrains to include UWD, Jon! :)
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Kurt Rahn wrote:Fun! Okay who's got a RWD or AWD car big enough to fit me?
I know you have made comments about Bill's itty bitty seat in his Miata, heck I have troubles with some race seats in Miata's, but can you fit in a factory NA Miata seat? I'd love to play with a Honda again.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:Unique Wheel Drive it is! Update the drivetrains to include UWD, Jon! :)
Careful with the UWD addition:

Just adding "Kart" might be easier.
Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:
Jayson Woodruff wrote:Kind of. At one point we declared Karts to be a 'Unique Wheel Drive', it was to qualify a team the was three RWDs and wanted the Kart as their 4th. The reasoning was kind of how you described, besides being RWD, the kart didn't have much in common with the other cars. We also allow for 'swapping' karts for size purposes.
Unique Wheel Drive it is! Update the drivetrains to include UWD, Jon! :)
Updated and done! :thumbup:

Was wondering what addition to make exactly :computer:
Ed Holley
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

I'm sure you would fit in KJ's ACME Special. It's definitely RWD...when they are on the ground. ;)
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Mark DeShon
Car#: 113

Post by Mark DeShon »

So there was a question between one of the Jeffs and I about whether or not two drivers can use the same car in two different teams.
Mark D.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Mark DeShon wrote:So there was a question between one of the Jeffs and I about whether or not two drivers can use the same car in two different teams.
Mark D.
I'm sure we can accommodate that as long as both teams have 3 cars.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:
Mark DeShon wrote:So there was a question between one of the Jeffs and I about whether or not two drivers can use the same car in two different teams.
Mark D.
I'm sure we can accommodate that as long as both teams have 3 cars.
You guys wanna drive a Mini? I'd love another crack at the Bimmer
==============
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Craig Naylor wrote:
I know you have made comments about Bill's itty bitty seat in his Miata, heck I have troubles with some race seats in Miata's, but can you fit in a factory NA Miata seat? I'd love to play with a Honda again.
I can definitely fit in an NA seat, and headroom's obviously not an issue (usually the deal breaker). But I drive a Mini. Can you deal with power? :lol: :lol: :lol:
==============
Bobby Beyer

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Who here is manly and brave enough to drive a Yaris :lol:
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

John, you have opened up to many drivetrain options "(FF, FR, AWD, MR, RR, Kart or UWD)"

A Porsche (RR), MR2 (MR)and Miata(FR) (All RWD should not be a team). As you broke it down, you would need to add FAWD, MAWD,RAWD too so a porsche club would be happy, they could bring out a Cayenne, Boxter, and 911.

IMHO it should just be FWD, RWD, AWD & Kart.
Art Rinner
Car#: 83

Post by Art Rinner »

Craig Naylor wrote:John, you have opened up to many drivetrain options "(FF, FR, AWD, MR, RR, Kart or UWD)"

A Porsche (RR), MR2 (MR)and Miata(FR) (All RWD should not be a team). As you broke it down, you would need to add FAWD, MAWD,RAWD too so a porsche club would be happy, they could bring out a Cayenne, Boxter, and 911.

Keep it simple.

Go with this.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

yeah John.... whoever that is :lol:
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative

Art Rinner wrote:
Craig Naylor wrote:John, you have opened up to many drivetrain options "(FF, FR, AWD, MR, RR, Kart or UWD)"

Keep it simple.

Go with this.
Updated and done! :thumbup:

Yeah Lugod, whoever that "John" is lol :lol: