Streets of Willow this Friday, $95

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Ashley Armstrong
Club: CASOC
Car#: 814

Re: Streets of Willow this Friday, $95

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

Buy my Celica, drive track days safely and enjoyably!

</PSA>
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion
Jeff Ringer
Club: PSCC
Car#: 741

Post by Jeff Ringer »

^^^^^ its wrong wheel drive

hey i saw about a dozen or so of those parked @ willow last friday
maybe a school wants it or something

place a pic ad in the back of grassroots mag- that thing should go
my middle name is 'The'

previous vehicles:83 chevette scooter-84 chrysler laser tubro-86 gti -93 probe gt-91 944s2 - 00 gti 1.8t-86 325e-89 325i-90 xj6- 67 lemans 4 speed -98 bmw m3/4/5
Thomas Barrett
Club: GRA
Car#: 519

Post by Thomas Barrett »

Jeff Ringer wrote:^^^^^ its wrong wheel drive

I think the school at Streets of Willow is where it came from?

Could be wrong but there are others there just like it.

Here is my video from there the last time I ran it.

Not a great Corvette track but fun. I am looking forward to it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn4MmcZn4w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you are really a glutton, the next day Saturday speed Venture is running configuration 18 art Buttonwillow.

I am going over there for that one. Possible the longest straightaway around. A vette may hit 160 on that baby.

I can;t wait.
Tom Barrett
Corvette Specialty C6
Solo Safety Steward
Life is like a race, the best times win!
Grant Heathman

Post by Grant Heathman »

The only bad place to go off is the chicane or s's, just get the braking done early and it should not be an issue. Work up to the limit if you want or stay well below it and you should have no issues.
Got that right, just ask some of the s2000 types I seen a few roll here....
Bob Beamesderfer

Post by Bob Beamesderfer »

Jeff Ringer wrote:^^^^^ its wrong wheel drive

That is an ex-McKeever school car. If I had the money and a place to keep it ...
Jeff Ringer
Car#: 741

Post by Jeff Ringer »

there is no doubt its a sweet safe momentum car... and its cheap

anyways im not going into willow tomorrow instead working.. need to afford that aluminum v6 swap :computer:

..two friday in a row would have been sweet :lol:

george would have been smoking me up the hill anyway

streets with a race tires s2000 2.0 will be a thrill --have fun and get a video....
my middle name is 'The'

previous vehicles:83 chevette scooter-84 chrysler laser tubro-86 gti -93 probe gt-91 944s2 - 00 gti 1.8t-86 325e-89 325i-90 xj6- 67 lemans 4 speed -98 bmw m3/4/5
Giovanni Jaramillo

Post by Giovanni Jaramillo »

Jeff Ringer wrote:anyways im not going into willow tomorrow instead working.. need to afford that aluminum v6 swap :computer:
I'll be at AAA this weekend http://www.bmwclubla.org/

While inside the tiny parking lots helping at the CCCs, instructors will get the last 2 sessions free. Running the ROVAL course. Love that banking section :) Gotta start of low and tight then drift out (figuratively not literally) to the edge heading down the back straight before turn 3.
Ashley Armstrong
Car#: 814

Post by Ashley Armstrong »

Yeah it's from the McKeever school at Willow. :)

Others that look like it, but mine has an LSD! Hardcore! :gpower:
Ash "Cupcakes"
2008 bacon, egg, and cheese biscuit-eating champion
Thomas Barrett

Post by Thomas Barrett »

Well, we all survived a fun day at the Streets of Willow Springs Raceway.

George Schilling and Tim Albin and I showed up and we had a really fun day.

The track was not crowded and the group was courteous and safe and we all went pretty darn fast.

I have attached some pictures of George. I will have a video the organizer made of me when he gets it finished.

We would love to have more people from the solo community come to some of the track days that do not conflict with solo events.

The amount of seat time you get for the money is very good and they do not have to be dangerous if you don;t make them that way.

Life is like a race, the best times win.

My best time today was 129.108
Attachments
George compressed.JPG
George compressed.JPG (22.83 KiB) Viewed 5509 times
Tom Barrett
Corvette Specialty C6
Solo Safety Steward
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

We had a blast. I picked Tim Albin up in the City of Carson. Hit the 405 at 6:00 am and arrived at streets at 7:30 including a gas fill up in the valley. We could not believe the lack to traffic. Our slowest speed on the freeway there was a momentary 52. Unbelievable.

Spent a great day at the track. Tim and Tom were wonderful company. I ran the S on new Direzzas. The car was suffering from the same power loss we were getting at nationals, but it did not stop us from having fun. Tom was able to enter the chicane at 110mph in his Corvette. I could only get to 90 in the S when it wasn't sputtering. Turn one speeds were about the same. I think Tom and I had the only stock cars there. I spent a lot of time getting out of the way. Tom was very close to if not the fastest car there.

For the drive home, we grabbed one of those new smoothies at Jack in the Crack. It was the perfect refreshment for the drive home. We decided to go over the top instead of around. That in itself was a blast. Only got flipped off once. Getting through downtown was the only trying part of the day. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

As a side note, Phil, the guy running the show, ran a nice event. He's the kind of guy you feel comfortable with right off the bat. By the afternoon, it felt like we were old friends. I can recommend Grandprixwest.com if you're looking for a track day at Willow.

Georgie
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Thomas Barrett

Post by Thomas Barrett »

George Schilling wrote:We had a blast. I picked Tim Albin up in the City of Carson. Hit the 405 at 6:00 am and arrived at streets at 7:30 including a gas fill up in the valley. We could not believe the lack to traffic. Our slowest speed on the freeway there was a momentary 52. Unbelievable.

Spent a great day at the track. Tim and Tom were wonderful company. I ran the S on new Direzzas. The car was suffering from the same power loss we were getting at nationals, but it did not stop us from having fun. Tom was able to enter the chicane at 110mph in his Corvette. I could only get to 90 in the S when it wasn't sputtering. Turn one speeds were about the same. I think Tom and I had the only stock cars there. I spent a lot of time getting out of the way. Tom was very close to if not the fastest car there.

For the drive home, we grabbed one of those new smoothies at Jack in the Crack. It was the perfect refreshment for the drive home. We decided to go over the top instead of around. That in itself was a blast. Only got flipped off once. Getting through downtown was the only trying part of the day. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

As a side note, Phil, the guy running the show, ran a nice event. He's the kind of guy you feel comfortable with right off the bat. By the afternoon, it felt like we were old friends. I can recommend Grandprixwest.com if you're looking for a track day at Willow.

Georgie

Here is the video of the ride George went on with me. I ran 3 1:29:xxx's best session of the day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFMSfEN1zV4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tom Barrett
Corvette Specialty C6
Solo Safety Steward