2013 Tire Rack SCCA St. George Match Tour

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Re: 2013 Tire Rack SCCA St. George Match Tour

Post by Ed Holley »

Forecast for day of the test n tune...Fri Oct 25
Sunny, High 72°/Low 47° Sunny. Chance of rain: 0% Wind: SSE at 8 mph
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

At 2 min till deadline I signed up. I was either #79 or #80, as the update after ten was 80.

Now.... I thought I had a ride (or rather a ride for my car to meet me) when I pulled the trigger... now I don't. I will be flying in from Dallas arriving LATE Fri. night in Vegas, and driving in from there.

Anyone have a seat? or more importantly for some... any one need a co-drive to make class so they can qualify for contingencies?

Costs for changing my flight, renting a car, hotel, and entry have more than blown my budget for the rest of the year. I'm hoping someone has a free seat for helping make the numbers so all can play.

I won't be internet accessible during the day the next couple of day while I work the Seattle Auto Show. I can check at night, but can be reached @ 6too6 975 3sixsix9 (phone or text).

I also need a ride back to Ontario Airport post event where my car is parked. Maybe co-drive, or else wise.

Thanks in advance.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

I want to say thank you to all who contacted me with offers. I'll be joining Michael Heintz in RTR. Looking forward to seeing everyone in St George.
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Just realized...

I won't have my helmet by flying into do the event from my current work trip. Anyone attending have a spare open faced helmet I can borrow? or... can someone stop by the Motorhome and pick up one of the loaners and a head sock, I'll return it when I pick up my car in Ontario on the way home.

Thanks in advance.
Ed Holley
Club: CASOC
Car#: 912

Post by Ed Holley »

Craig Naylor wrote:Just realized...

I won't have my helmet by flying into do the event from my current work trip. Anyone attending have a spare open faced helmet I can borrow? or... can someone stop by the Motorhome and pick up one of the loaners and a head sock, I'll return it when I pick up my car in Ontario on the way home.

Thanks in advance.
You can certainly borrow mine, assuming we are not running at the same time.
2012 ES Regional Champion
2001 NB Miata
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

I appreciate the offer, we'll see if it will work... both STS & RTR are listed in 1st run group.

Anyone have access to the Utah Forum board? I signed up over the weekend, still waiting to be approved by a moderator to post. ...apparently asleep at the wheel :sleepy: so far as timeliness goes. For that matter I'm still waiting, with a post pending in the Rocky Mountain region from November '12. for approval to their Forum too, the related event long past

Back to subject at hand... if you do have access to the Utah Autocross Forum, can you post a question asking if they have loaner helmets in their region timing/equipment vehicle, and if it will be on site for the Match Tour?
Mike Kazmierczak
Car#: 227

Post by Mike Kazmierczak »

Per their FB page, they will have loaner helmets available. :)
Craig Naylor

Post by Craig Naylor »

Mike Kazmierczak wrote:Per their FB page, they will have loaner helmets available. :)
Thanks MIke, one less thing I will have to worry about finding on Saturday morning. It's going to be a short enough night as it is flying into LAS @ 11:55pm.