Want to Have Fun! Open Here for Pro Solo Information!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Want to Have Fun! Open Here for Pro Solo Information!

Post by George Schilling »

Looks like this is it!.......The last one!......Finis!......Done!

Unfortunately, this may be the last Pro Solo ever held at our beloved El Toro! Let's make this one the best ever!

If you've competed in a PRO SOLO in the past.........no need to read on.........there's nothing for you here. I know you've already marked your calendar and are planning on registering in the next few days if you haven't already.

But if you're NEW to autox, or have been autox'ing but have NEVER entered a PRO SOLO..........CONSIDER THIS!

• THE PRO SOLO FORMAT IS BY FAR THE MOST FUN YOU CAN HAVE AUTOXING!

JUST WHAT IS THIS PRO SOLO THING?

The Pro Solo format combines the best of drag racing and autox. Competitors will line up side by side and stage, just like at the drag strip. Your heart will begin to pound as you watch the count down on the timer. Once timer hits zero, you'll rev your engine and prepare for launch. Yellow, yellow, yellow, better drop the clutch, green, and you're smoking the tires trying to get the best 60' launch you can, Once at the 60', you'll split off onto mirrored autox courses and race to the finish. WOW!

EXPERIENCE DOESN'T MATTER!

Whether your new to autox or not, this is an absolute blast. I used to think regular autoxing was addicting, but Pro Solo competition has made me a true addict. Since this format only comes around LOCALLY once a year, I regret missing it the first time. With the exception of that first one, I haven't missed one since.

MARK YOUR CALENDAR!

The dates are April 11, 12 & 13. Friday the 11th consists of explaining the format to new folks, making practice starts, a welcome BBQ provided free of charge where you'll meet fellow competitors and chat about your launch times, followed by two days of racing on Saturday and Sunday. All this for only $115. WOW again! Did I mention FREE FOOD?

YOU HAVE TO HURRY!

Early entry deadline is April 7, 2014, 12pm CDT. After that the price will go from $115 to $143. More importantly, this event is capacity controlled and will sell out. So please get your entry in right away. This is too much fun to miss. You can register here. For more information, check this out. For an overview or the rules governing Pro Solo and links to the rules, classing and indexing, click here.

• IF YOU ONLY DO ONE AUTOX EVENT A YEAR......MAKE THIS THE ONE!

SEE YOU THERE!
Last edited by George Schilling on Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

Re: Want to Have Fun! Open Here for Pro Solo Information!

Bumpity bump bump.

Oh, and here's something else to wet you appetite!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

Here's another reminder in case you forgot to register. Last minute entries are accepted but the price goes up. Why take the chance? Register NOW!
Steve Glusman
Club: PSCC
Car#: 424

Post by Steve Glusman »

Awful news..........
George Schilling
Club Representative

Steve Glusman wrote:Awful news..........
Will we be seeing you this year Steve?
Brian Joe

Post by Brian Joe »

How many runs do you get at this event each day?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Brian Joe wrote:How many runs do you get at this event each day?
Eight on Saturday and four on Sunday. It is a very different format. Drag race start on two mirror image courses. You'll do four runs, two runs per side, back-to-back, as a single session. There is an am and pm session on Saturday and an am session on Sunday. There are brackets formed with the leaders and they all run Sunday afternoon. The adrenalin really flows.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
George Schilling
Club Representative

KJ Christopher wrote:
Brian Joe wrote:How many runs do you get at this event each day?
Eight on Saturday and four on Sunday. It is a very different format. Drag race start on two mirror image courses. You'll do four runs, two runs per side, back-to-back, as a single session. There is an am and pm session on Saturday and an am session on Sunday. There are brackets formed with the leaders and they all run Sunday afternoon. The adrenalin really flows.
The fun doesn't stop there. What KJ described are the regular competition rounds. After that comes the challenge rounds for those that qualify and the bonus challenge selected from a blind draw from a hat. :thumbup:
Brian Kelly
Car#: 215

Post by Brian Kelly »

I don't think I got the memo, but why will this be the last Pro at El Toro? Will Crows Landing be the new California site going forward?
2000 Miata LS
#215 ES
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Brian Kelly wrote:I don't think I got the memo, but why will this be the last Pro at El Toro? Will Crows Landing be the new California site going forward?
The future of the site is very uncertain due to the ongoing development.
kj
Jake Stumph
Car#: 200

Post by Jake Stumph »

How exactly does Friday work? When do Friday's events take place? Will I have to call off work?

Also, what is the time frame for the weekend? There is no posted break down of time, or a schedule on MSR. What time should I expect to arrive at El Toro/First car in Grid/etc.??
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing #200 H-Street, Silver Civic Si Sedan.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Link to SCCA page covering El Toro Pro Solo: http://www.scca.com/events/index.cfm?eid=6780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

direct link to "more information" http://scca.cdn.racersites.com/prod/ass ... ation1.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Schedule is in the "more information" bit. All I have time to help now - I'm sure others will offer more color around the day's festivities.
kj
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

So I learned some new stuff today. I was clued into this in the ProSolo Sup regs:
"For a rerun to be granted the pylon must be displaced enough to warrant a penalty
under these rules."

So to me this reads the pylon needs to be down or COMPLETELY OUT before you can stop and point at it. How long has that been in there? I looked back at the general solo rules and they have non-exact references of "A displaced pylon", which I think is always interpreted as "not completely within its box".

Anyone have an explanation of why that definition is in the ProSolo Sups?

Another one we got lectured over the radio today was a distinction between an Off-Course and a DNF. These are pretty much RallyX rules listed here btw. So and "Off Course" is missing an element of the course (i.e. what we'd normally call a DNF), which is ONLY a 10second penalty per offence. A "DNF" at the ProSolo is reserved for grievous errors, like gather several OCs, breaking the Mirror border, or running over lights, in which no time is given.

Now this one I know hasn't been there forever. I've racked my brain for about 10hours now and can't figure out what the virtue is of breaking out Off Course penalties. Anyone in the know? We do it in RallyX because the times are cumulative and a traditional "No time DNF" would completely tank someone.

I figure most course workers weren't calling this in correctly. I know we didn't for a while and I know I had a run with 2x "Off Course", but it only showed a 10sec penalty.

Jay W
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Overheard several taking about the 10 sec off course vs. DNF as a way to help avoid people sandbagging, by assigning a time and causing them to potentially break out. For someone with the ability to control their time, and actually sandbag productively, I would think a cone hit or two would be a better way to accomplish this than with DNF's. But what would I know... a half to work hard to hopefully make it into the Challenges.
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion

Post by Marshall Grice »

pax results are up for the pro.

http://home.comcast.net/~paxrtp/results ... ElToro.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
George Schilling
Club Representative

Marshall Grice wrote:pax results are up for the pro.

http://home.comcast.net/~paxrtp/results ... ElToro.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like the vending machine is back for 2014. Nice driving! :thumbup:
Brian Kelly
Car#: 215

Post by Brian Kelly »

Managed to take a few pictures this weekend. Only got a handful of cars, but I got some good ones of a few people.

http://s61.photobucket.com/user/wheresw ... Pro%20Solo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2000 Miata LS
#215 ES
Steve Lepper
Club: TCC
Car#: 355

Post by Steve Lepper »

So according to that definition, I could totally have skipped the turnaround and only received a 10 second penalty?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Steve Lepper wrote:So according to that definition, I could totally have skipped the turnaround and only received a 10 second penalty?
Geez Steve.......why didn't you mention that Saturday. Maybe I would have stood a chance! :lol:
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Steve Lepper wrote:So according to that definition, I could totally have skipped the turnaround and only received a 10 second penalty?

I think there were more than two cones out there intentionally.... :) I had the same thought.
kj