March 21st Course setup volunteers

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Art Rinner
Car#: 83

March 21st Course setup volunteers

Post by Art Rinner »

I'm doing the course for the next event. I haven't been told how many I am allowed for course setup, but I decided I better start asking for volunteers now and start a list. Its at El Toro and I plan on Friday setup starting around 2-3pm. Since the time changed we should get an extra hour in the evening and this should give us plenty of time. I already have Sunday's course designed should be lots of fun, I will be there with my truck. Hoping for a good weather weekend.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Pete Loney
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 777

Re: March 21st Course setup volunteers

Post by Pete Loney »

It's usually 3 workers plus yourself.

Dibs on one of the spots.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

FYI
All cones are in the motorhome, not the trailer. Basically everything except the blower is in the motorhome, so you can actually unhook the trailer and leave in the storage area (need to reposition first, it was totally dark when dropped off). Please drive slowly and carefully, not packed for travel, still need to figure out how to arrange and secure stuff. The registration tables and EZ-Up will need to be unloaded first, then liners. Big door on driver's side has two latches inside, attached poles hold it open, best with two people to open and secure. Then can drive around and throw out cones, or pretty easy to load into a pickup truck.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Art Rinner wrote:I'm doing the course for the next event. I haven't been told how many I am allowed for course setup, but I decided I better start asking for volunteers now and start a list. Its at El Toro and I plan on Friday setup starting around 2-3pm. Since the time changed we should get an extra hour in the evening and this should give us plenty of time. I already have Sunday's course designed should be lots of fun, I will be there with my truck. Hoping for a good weather weekend.
Art - check your email. Or if it isn't the email you use on MSR, give me your new one. Email went out last night to all the Chiefs with the important bits like that. (The answer is three, plus yourself. But check your email anyway.)
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Art Rinner

Post by Art Rinner »

Got all the messages, thanks! Got one volunteer, just need 2 more.

Art
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

Rick Brown wrote:FYI
All cones are in the motorhome, not the trailer. Basically everything except the blower is in the motorhome, so you can actually unhook the trailer and leave in the storage area (need to reposition first, it was totally dark when dropped off). Please drive slowly and carefully, not packed for travel, still need to figure out how to arrange and secure stuff. The registration tables and EZ-Up will need to be unloaded first, then liners. Big door on driver's side has two latches inside, attached poles hold it open, best with two people to open and secure. Then can drive around and throw out cones, or pretty easy to load into a pickup truck.
Hmm... that brings up the first bummer of that storage configuration: chucking cones to set up the course.

I'll have my truck there. We can transfer cones into the back and throw from there.

Mike
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: CASOC
Car#: 11

Post by Marshall Grice »

Mike Simanyi wrote: Hmm... that brings up the first bummer of that storage configuration: chucking cones to set up the course.

I'll have my truck there. We can transfer cones into the back and throw from there.

Mike
door specifically designed to allow chucking directly from CTV. no transfer should be required.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Mike Simanyi wrote:
Hmm... that brings up the first bummer of that storage configuration: chucking cones to set up the course.

Mike
Why is that a problem? It was laid out to be chucked from the motorhome. You can chuck cones out the big opening (where the cones are located) and out the door on the other side at the same time. And you have the advantage of the driver being able to talk directly to the cone chuckers to say what he/she wants.

ALSO A BIG NOTE. THE CTV NEEDS GAS BEFORE IT CAN BE USED FOR THE EVENT!
And fill the small containers in the left rear storage area for the blowers and back up generators.

Also, if you didn't know, the key that opens the CTV door also unlocks all the storage bins.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Pete Loney
Car#: 777

Post by Pete Loney »

Mike Simanyi wrote:

Mike
We wil have plenty of trucks to work from. Mine and Art's as well.
2021 Season: 777 ES | 1999 Miata, 10th Anniversary #3987/7500
MIATAROADSTER.COM
Art Rinner

Post by Art Rinner »

Pete Loney wrote:
Mike Simanyi wrote:

Mike
We wil have plenty of trucks to work from. Mine and Art's as well.
Just need two more volunteers.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
William Colvin
Club: GRA
Car#: 375

Post by William Colvin »

Looks like I can Help
Bill Colvin
Art Rinner

Post by Art Rinner »

William Colvin wrote:Looks like I can Help
Great just one more spot, counts as your work for the weekend.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT
Guy Walker
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

Art Rinner wrote:
William Colvin wrote:Looks like I can Help
Great just one more spot, counts as your work for the weekend.
art, count me in.
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Art Rinner

Post by Art Rinner »

Great Guy!

We have all our volunteers, see you on Friday, I will be there by 2pm.
Art Rinner
#83 240ZT