Registration discussion Split from 2014 San Diego dates

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Adam Tarnoff
Club: CASOC
Car#: 49

2014 San Diego Dates

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

I couldn't find any SCCA events for San Diego for the weekend of the 29th at Qualcomm... I only found the PCASDR event, which is in the west lot. I signed up for it :ibrightdea:
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: 2014 San Diego Dates

Post by Rick Brown »

Adam Tarnoff wrote:I couldn't find any SCCA events for San Diego for the weekend of the 29th at Qualcomm... I only found the PCASDR event, which is in the west lot. I signed up for it :ibrightdea:
Where were you looking? They don't use MSR for Sunday events, and only some of their Saturday practices. A few people are keeping them out of the digital age for some reason.

Their events are listed here: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedule/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

Rick Brown wrote:
Adam Tarnoff wrote:I couldn't find any SCCA events for San Diego for the weekend of the 29th at Qualcomm... I only found the PCASDR event, which is in the west lot. I signed up for it :ibrightdea:
Where were you looking? They don't use MSR for Sunday events, and only some of their Saturday practices. A few people are keeping them out of the digital age for some reason.

Their events are listed here: http://www.sdr-scca.com/solo2/schedule/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for the info; I guess i'll try to register sunday morning
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

"try to register?" You haven't missed out on any opportunities. Show up day-of and register is how San Diego does it.

Rick, while our online registration helps you guys out, it was still just a big cattle call out at registration Sunday morning. Nothing to crow about there. We're not making best use of the technology either.
Mike Simanyi
Former Club Chair
Club: No$
Car#: 6

Post by Mike Simanyi »

We "lost" a computer Bill. That's the first time in quite a while that we've had registration problems, and it didn't go under the radar for event management.

We anticipate having our regular "whiter whites, brighter brights" registration in effect going forward.

Mike
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Plus, we were without the Jardines and two other Reg people were running the first group. Christine and Theresa stepped in to help despite having not done it before and learning on the fly. Given that, I think they did quite well.
Bill Martin
Club: GRA
Car#: 74

Post by Bill Martin »

Do we have a method for identifying separate lines for registered, non-registered and work sign-up? I think we had pin-on signs on the canopy but no canopy this time. We kept pulling people out of the work sign-up line who hadn't registered yet.

I was thinking signs in plastic protectors stapled on squares of plywood just laying on flat ground appropriate distance out.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Bill Martin wrote:I was thinking signs in plastic protectors stapled on squares of plywood just laying on flat ground appropriate distance out.
Another simple solution: Cardboard sign, stapled to a 5 gallon HD paint stick, shoved into the top of a tall cone.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Bill Martin wrote:I was thinking signs in plastic protectors stapled on squares of plywood just laying on flat ground appropriate distance out.
Another simple solution: Cardboard sign, stapled to a 5 gallon HD paint stick, shoved into the top of a tall cone.
Yeah, we have signs that are normally on the Easy-UP. The two we have were both broken to some extent. I've taken them home to make one good one and then get the parts to fix the other (there's an Easy-UP store near me).
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Craig Naylor wrote:
Or we could all pray to the Cal Club Fairy Godmother that no problems will ever beset our region again. :lol:

OK, we had a little blip. We'll be back on track at the next event. :thumbup:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Marshall Grice
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 11

Registration discussion Split from 2014 San Diego dates

Post by Marshall Grice »

you guys sure can go off topic...

you earned a new thread, congrats.