The July Events Are Now Open for Registration

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

The July Events Are Now Open for Registration

Post by George Schilling »

The July events are now posted and ready for your consideration. You can view and register here.

Don't forget to register for the Big Bear Charity Event. It's for a worthy cause, it's a blast, and it makes for a nice break from the rigors of the city. Get a cabin @ VRBO and make it a weekend.

Registration is available here for all events.
Last edited by George Schilling on Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 30

Re: The July Events Are Now Posted.....

Post by Anthony P. »

I believe Lugod is the course designer for the 19th event?
George Schilling
Club Representative

Re: The July Events Are Now Posted.....

Anthony Porta wrote:I believe Lugod is the course designer for the 19th event?
Thanks Anthony.

Can one of the administrators make this a sticky please?
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
PatMcSwain

Re: The July Events Are Now Open for Registration

Post by PatMcSwain »

Procedural Question:

My daughter SHOULD be running this event.

For the Practice, I bought the 2 driver 1 car entry.

She has to have an adult in the car (Learner's Permit).

1) To give her max seat time, can she run while I do her work assignment? I do not anticipate driving or riding shotgun unless I can't get an instructor. I got the 2 driver thingy Just In Case I have to take the wheel to show her something. With an instructor, that won't be necessary, they can take the wheel.

2) Do I work two run groups, one morning, one post-lunch? Or can I work 2 morning groups or 2 afternoon groups?
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

PatMcSwain wrote:Procedural Question:

My daughter SHOULD be running this event.

For the Practice, I bought the 2 driver 1 car entry.

She has to have an adult in the car (Learner's Permit).

1) To give her max seat time, can she run while I do her work assignment? I do not anticipate driving or riding shotgun unless I can't get an instructor. I got the 2 driver thingy Just In Case I have to take the wheel to show her something. With an instructor, that won't be necessary, they can take the wheel.

2) Do I work two run groups, one morning, one post-lunch? Or can I work 2 morning groups or 2 afternoon groups?
With a work run practice event... there is one work group requirement for each entry. So if you only purchased one entry (even if shared), their would only be one work assignment.

The increased cost for the "2nd driver" is to cover insurance type fees we must pay per participant. If you never get in the car... we would not incur the additional fees. Good to be thinking in advance signing up for the shared driver... BUT... though not my call, if you never get in the car, a reasonable request could be made for a refund of the 2nd driver fee as we would not have incurred the costs associated.
PatMcSwain

Post by PatMcSwain »

But if I don't do a dual entry, I don't get the always-in-fashion driver's wristband.

I hate showing up at a race venue without a helmet and a wristband.

I know me too well. I will think I have to run at least one run. I will resist, but can't promise I won't. :lol:
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

PatMcSwain wrote:Procedural Question:
Depends. Not all practices are run the same, depends on the event Chair. Some do work once and run the rest of the time, some do 3 groups that work/run/rest both morning and afternoon. Usually get the about the same number of runs either way, 12-16. Pros and cons for each, biggest difference to me is the wait time between your runs.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Work/Run order is now updated for both Sunday events.
July 6
July 20
Guy Walker
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

FYI - I was just told that Marine Way is now closed as an entrance to the old airbase. if true, what's the best way in now? Trabuco to runway? or C Street? Is there a runway entrance from Trabuco or C Street?

http://www.ocgp.org/temporary-closure-m ... 3-july-26/
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Guy Walker wrote:FYI - I was just told that Marine Way is now closed as an entrance to the old airbase. if true, what's the best way in now? Trabuco to runway? or C Street? Is there a runway entrance from Trabuco or C Street?

We'll get word from AMCI and let everyone know. Thanks for the heads up!
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

BTW, for the powers-that-be, the flier for the July 6th event says this under 'Entry List' five lines down:

Attendee list for June 8th Autocross Sunday Hosted by GRA:
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Leonard Cachola wrote:BTW, for the powers-that-be, the flier for the July 6th event says this under 'Entry List' five lines down:

Attendee list for June 8th Autocross Sunday Hosted by GRA:
Fixed.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

KJ Christopher wrote:
Guy Walker wrote:FYI - I was just told that Marine Way is now closed as an entrance to the old airbase. if true, what's the best way in now? Trabuco to runway? or C Street? Is there a runway entrance from Trabuco or C Street?

We'll get word from AMCI and let everyone know. Thanks for the heads up!
We should use the Trabuco entrance (just slightly north of Marine Way) for the July 5th/6th event.
kj
Anthony Munoz
Car#: 50

Post by Anthony Munoz »

Could you please take me off the practice list for this weekend, Saturday, 7/5/14? Something came up. :evil:

Tony
"Smooth is fast, but fast is quicker"
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

KJ Christopher wrote: We should use the Trabuco entrance (just slightly north of Marine Way) for the July 5th/6th event.
Is AMCI going to have signs where to go next? On Google Maps, Trabuco appears to end/become dirt before getting to the runways.
William Colvin
Club: GRA
Car#: 375

Post by William Colvin »

I was there for a PCA event yesterday. at the end of Trabuco you turn right for the Great Park and go straight through opening in the barrier onto the runways to the area we use it is a left turn to the normal parking area.

there was someone there directing traffic and seemed to know where I was headed.

bill
Bill Colvin
George Schilling
Club Representative

Anthony Munoz wrote:Could you please take me off the practice list for this weekend, Saturday, 7/5/14? Something came up. :evil:

Tony
Done. Sorry you can't make it.
Anthony Munoz
Car#: 50

Post by Anthony Munoz »

George Schilling wrote:
Anthony Munoz wrote:Could you please take me off the practice list for this weekend, Saturday, 7/5/14? Something came up. :evil:

Tony
Done. Sorry you can't make it.

Thanks, George.
"Smooth is fast, but fast is quicker"
PatMcSwain

Post by PatMcSwain »

So...

From Sand Canyon Blvd, take Trabuco south to C Street, turn right on C Street, and follow it around to Marine Way?
William Colvin
Club: GRA
Car#: 375

Post by William Colvin »

that may work but they have changed it from what you see on the maps. trabuco has been extended to the runways. at the end you will see signs for a right turn to the ballon etc. you want to go through the barrier across the intersection it should be open then just follow the runway untill you see our area on the left
Last edited by William Colvin on Tue Jul 01, 2014 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Colvin
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

PatMcSwain wrote:So...

From Sand Canyon Blvd, take Trabuco south to C Street, turn right on C Street, and follow it around to Marine Way?
No. Stay on Trabuco till it turns in to runway.
kj
John Fendel
Car#: 23

Post by John Fendel »

that may work but they have changed it from what you see on the maps. trabuco has been extended to the runways. at the end you will see signs for a right turn to the ballon etc. you want to go through the barrier across the intersection it should be open then just follow the runway untill you see our area on the left
*EDIT*
When you come to the Stop sign at the end of Trabuco, you can turn right to go toward the balloon and Marine Way, then follow the perimeter road around like we have been doing.
However, at the Stop sign, if you look straight ahead, there are a row of k-rails with Road Closed signs on them. In the middle of them is an opening and a sign for Gate E. If the guard will allow you to go straight thru that opening, you will go straight down that road until you see a long row of orange cones curving off to the right. If you follow those cones, about half way along is an opening. Bear left thru the opening and take the runway with the telephone poles on the right side at the entrance. You will be on the runway that intersects the runway complex we are using. The access to our site and the waiver gate was on the left down that runway for the last event.
If you take the far left runway after going thru the opening in the cone wall, you will end up in the middle of the course area we have used for the past couple of events.
The yellow route on the map below is correct, except the waiver gate at the last event was at the first major cross runway on the left. You may not have to follow the yellow route all the way around.
Last edited by John Fendel on Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
#ALSaware, GRC Performance, Red Line Oil
Guy Walker
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

John Fendel wrote:
When you come to the Stop sign at the end of Trabuco, you can turn right to go toward the balloon and Marine Way, then follow the perimeter road around like we have been doing.
However, at the Stop sign, if you look straight ahead, there are a row of k-rails with Road Closed signs on them. In the middle of them is an opening and a sign for Gate E. If the guard will allow you to go straight thru that opening, you will go straight down that road until you see a long row of orange cones curving off to the right. If you follow those cones and then bear left, you will be on the runway that intersects the runway complex we are using. The access to our site and the waiver gate was on the left down that runway for the last event.
old route in blue... is the new route like this highlighted path?
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

We probably need to hear from the course designer. Depends on where he plans on putting the course and pits. Doesn't have to be where it has been for the last few events, we used to put the pits in other places, too, like on either of those two left-to-right runways above. Since he's setting up on Friday, I'm sure directional cones will be in place.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

KJ Christopher wrote:
PatMcSwain wrote:So...

No. Stay on Trabuco till it turns in to runway.
I'll just repeat myself so people stop talking about alternative ways in to the site.... :)
kj