The August 16 & 17 Events Are Now Open for Registration

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

The August 16 & 17 Events Are Now Open for Registration

Post by George Schilling »

Hi Gang.

The August 16 and 17 events are now open for registration.

The August 16 Thinkin of Lincoln Autocross Practice will sell out early. There is a priority system in place giving preference to those attending The Tirerack Solo National Championships in Lincoln, Nebraska. However, once the event fills up, even being on the priority list may not be enough to gain entry.

You can register here for both the practice and Autocross Sunday.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Re: The August 16 & 17 Events Are Now Open for Registration

Post by Rick Brown »

Also note that due to the expected large turn out for the Sunday event, it helps us tremendously if you pre-register online so that we can make adjustments to the schedule/run groups if necessary and let you know in a timely manner.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative

Rick Brown wrote:Also note that due to the expected large turn out for the Sunday event, it helps us tremendously if you pre-register online so that we can make adjustments to the schedule/run groups if necessary and let you know in a timely manner.
The practice has been open for about 8 hours as I pen this post and it is already half full. Get your entry in ASAP.

On another note, as I look at the list, most of you also compete in Autocross Sunday, yet there are only half as many signed up for that. As Rick noted, it REALLY helps us to plan ahead if you sign up for both at the same time if you plan on attending. Not only that, you save $10. So please help us out by registering early for Autocross Sunday.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

Think'n of Lincoln Practice Information

The entry list for the practice is now posted here.
There are 12 on the wait list at this time. Many of you will probably get in so don't fret yet if you don't see your name on the list. The earlier you registered, the better chance you have.

Autocross Sunday information

For those of you who will be attending Autocross Sunday on August 18, be sure to double check the run order as there may be some changes based on the online registration numbers. If you haven't register for Autocross Sunday, you can do so here. By registering online, you save $10. No need to pay now, you can still pay at the event. No need to cancel if you can't make it, you won't be charged.
Anthony Munoz
Car#: 50

Post by Anthony Munoz »

Can't make the Saturday 8/16 practice :x . Please remove me from the list.

Tony
"Smooth is fast, but fast is quicker"
George Schilling
Club Representative

Anthony Munoz wrote:Can't make the Saturday 8/16 practice :x . Please remove me from the list.

Tony
Will do Tony.

However, anyone else wishing to cancel can do so on your own. Go to the same place you registered and you can cancel your entry. If you know you won't be attending, please cancel ASAP to allow someone else on the waitlist to enter. In any event, cancellations must be received no later than midnight Wednesday prior to the event or your card will be charged.
Anthony Munoz
Car#: 50

Post by Anthony Munoz »

Thanks, George.

Tony
"Smooth is fast, but fast is quicker"
Jason Rhoades
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Rhoades »

It's been about 5 years since I've done a non-National event. Registered for the 8/16 practice the other day - how do I know if I'm in or not?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jason Rhoades wrote:It's been about 5 years since I've done a non-National event. Registered for the 8/16 practice the other day - how do I know if I'm in or not?
George Schilling wrote:Think'n of Lincoln Practice Information

The entry list for the practice is now posted here.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Jason Rhoades
Car#: 0

Post by Jason Rhoades »

I don't see my name listed, +
George Schilling wrote:...There are 12 on the wait list at this time. Many of you will probably get in so don't fret yet if you don't see your name on the list...
= how do I know if I'm in?
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jason Rhoades wrote:I don't see my name listed, +
George Schilling wrote:...There are 12 on the wait list at this time. Many of you will probably get in so don't fret yet if you don't see your name on the list...
= how do I know if I'm in?
Your name gets on the list. George will likely resend your confirmation from within MSR if others get in.

In general, we get a lot of cancellations, and that is what George is banking on to get people off the waiting list. I'm not as hopeful as George for this particular event though. We limit the entries more (probably to 90, not including kids) and we typically get fewer cancellations for this particular weekend.
kj
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Do we know what entrance we will be using this time?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Run order has been added to the event. Note that I added a group to the morning for Time Only since that's what we have done for the last two events. However, run groups are still open to modification based on entries.

I notice that pre-registration for Sunday is a little low for an event a little more than a week away. If you are planning on attending, PLEASE PRE-REGISTER as this helps us tremendously if we know in advance how the turn out is distributed.

RUN ORDER
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Rick Brown wrote:Do we know what entrance we will be using this time?
Marine Way.
kj
Chris Hofmann
Car#: 501

Post by Chris Hofmann »

So, newbie question since I haven't made but one event with you guys, and you do it way different than the east coast clubs I was in. If I can make it out, id be SMF. So Id run first, work second, and then by lunch, id be free (wanted to?) leave teh area? I'm still trying to understand how your event flow works.
A1 Higher Graphics | Clutchmasters | CobaltNation | CrateEngineDepot | DEI | GoPro | GoPuck | PLWA | Rockwell Time | Slick Products | SpyOptics | Trackspec Motorsports | ZZPerformance
#501 Chevrolet Cobalt
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Chris Hofmann wrote:So, newbie question since I haven't made but one event with you guys, and you do it way different than the east coast clubs I was in. If I can make it out, id be SMF. So Id run first, work second, and then by lunch, id be free (wanted to?) leave teh area? I'm still trying to understand how your event flow works.
Yep. We have enough driver's that we schedule work/run sequences to not cross lunch. i.e. if you're running just 'class', you're day is completely in the morning or in the afternoon.

Jay W
PatMcSwain

Post by PatMcSwain »

Please cross Patrick McSwain off the Practice list. Stupid clutch hydraulics.

Sorry, and thanks.
George Schilling
Club Representative

PatMcSwain wrote:Please cross Patrick McSwain off the Practice list. Stupid clutch hydraulics.

Sorry, and thanks.
Patrick, I've taken you off the list. Hope you get your car repaired in short order.

For anyone else wishing to cancel, please do so before Wednesday midnight to avoid being charged. You can cancel on your own here. I will be notified and you will have proof of your cancellation.
George Schilling
Club Representative

Several people were just added to the entry list as a result of last minute cancellations. Please check the list for updates. Any changes between now and the practice will be by email and required confirmation.

Still 30 on the waitlist. If you are not a club member, unfortunately we won't be able to take you for the Saturday practice. However, Autocross Sunday has no entry limit and we would love to have you come then. You can register here.
SuperSamuri

Post by SuperSamuri »

Couple of quick questions, new member. advice sought.

I have pre-registered myself and my 16 yr old son and one of his friends has also pre registered for the event on sunday.

I used to track day Porsches, but have only done one autocross event in the last 16 years. We did attend the last autocross event El Toro as spectators a couple of weeks ago.

The intention is to teach the teenagers car control and driving technique in a safe environment. ( and so avoid any such temptations on the street). Both have read the novice and course worker instructions, but are somewhat apprehensive about the course worker assignments (not wishing to make a wrong flag call ).

1).My sons teenage friend has registered his FRS (with exhaust wheel and DOT tyre upgrade) in the novice class. This will be his first event and I am reaching out for an instructor mentor for Sunday for him.

2).My son and I are currently registered as separate drivers in CSM. Running a '71 Datsun 240Z (280ZX turbo drivetrain, holley blowthrough carb with intercooler, Lsd, uprated brakes and suspension but still very much a work in progress). Should we have registered in the novice class ?

3).My son will be driving a the car and a manual gearbox for the first time, and this will be his first event as a driver. He would very much appreciate an instructor / mentor for Sunday. With that being the case would he be better off switching to a different class ?

4). seeking recommendations for a local club, we are located in West LA, and ideally one club suited for both the FRS and 240Z datsun slanted towards import, JDM, tuner cars .
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

SuperSamuri - Could you please use your real name here? Everyone else is doing it. You should too.

1) Ask for an instructor at the event on Sunday. Other than the first group, we won't know who is available until then unless they volunteer in advance. Otherwise, we will have instructors available. Make sure he attends the Novice meeting and walk, if needed.
2) Yes, you should both register as Nov CSM.
3) See 1.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Conal Mackendrick

Post by Conal Mackendrick »

Leonard Cachola wrote:SuperSamuri - Could you please use your real name here? Everyone else is doing it. You should too.

1) Ask for an instructor at the event on Sunday. Other than the first group, we won't know who is available until then unless they volunteer in advance. Otherwise, we will have instructors available. Make sure he attends the Novice meeting and walk, if needed.
3) See 1.
Thank you
West Los Angeles
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

SuperSamuri wrote: Both have read the novice and course worker instructions, but are somewhat apprehensive about the course worker assignments (not wishing to make a wrong flag call ).
Minors can't work course. Make mention of that at registration and they'll find non-course work for the boys.

Jay W
George Schilling
Club Representative

Conal Mackendrick wrote:
Leonard Cachola wrote:SuperSamuri - Could you please use your real name here? Everyone else is doing it. You should too.

3) See 1.
Thank you
I think you may have emailed me with that question. Sorry I did not get back to you.

The minors will require minor waivers signed by both parents. If they are not onsite, the forms must be notarized. Don''t want to see anyone disappointed the day of the event.