SCNAX Cup 2014!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: SCNAX Cup 2014!

Post by George Schilling »

Stephen Yeoh wrote:Another free agent available here - too busy to be a captain. One very fun STC civic available.
Say what?
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Kyle O'Rourke
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 860

Post by Kyle O'Rourke »

I'm willing to play. I have a Prelude up for grabs if anyone wants to make a team.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

SCNAX CUPPPPPP IX!

This information will be updated in the 1st post (thanks Jon), but I'm posting it here now so that people get notifications of a response.

All competitors/potential competitors, please fill out this google form:
http://goo.gl/forms/UXVqVptEqP

You can view current responses here to help you form a team:
http://goo.gl/iKjJvZ

If you need any changes or help, just contact me (QV).

Based on feedback from last year, official handicap specs etc will all be posted before the event starts (and official results posted afterward by whoever is taking care of it) so you can analyze your bench racing.

This could be you!

Also, for the first year, we will be holding a SCNAX CUP POTLUCK (Beta Version 0.19)!

Scnax will provide some meats/veggies/drinks/utensils/etc. on a first come first serve basis. We are hoping participants will want to bring some stuff to cook/grill/serve for Saturday. A grill will be provided; self-serve status. We will have some people on the grill throughout the day grilling as time permits. Full details will be worked out later. For now, please include if you would like to participate in the Google form.

Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative
Car#: 513

Post by Jonathan Hartendorp »

^Done and done...please see the very first post of this thread y'all! :mrgreen:
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

I am available as a free agent if anyone is dumb enough to want me on their team. I am pretty sure that I have the worst index in Cal Club. But I had a blast last year and would like to come race and hang out with the lively SNAX group :!: . Sorry, no Evo. Not sure what's wrong with it yet. But I do have a fun STX BMW to offer up :mrgreen:
Kyle O'Rourke

Post by Kyle O'Rourke »

Tom Berry wrote:I am available as a free agent if anyone is dumb enough to want me on their team. I am pretty sure that I have the worst index in Cal Club. But I had a blast last year and would like to come race and hang out with the lively SNAX group :!: . Sorry, no Evo. Not sure what's wrong with it yet. But I do have a fun STX BMW to offer up :mrgreen:
I wouldn't mind :D . I have an interesting Prelude to offer. It also sort of requires tall-ish people to drive as the seat is fixed.
Adrian Cardenas
Car#: 800

Post by Adrian Cardenas »

Tom Berry wrote:I am available as a free agent if anyone is dumb enough to want me on their team. I am pretty sure that I have the worst index in Cal Club. But I had a blast last year and would like to come race and hang out with the lively SNAX group :!: . Sorry, no Evo. Not sure what's wrong with it yet. But I do have a fun STX BMW to offer up :mrgreen:

I wouldn't mind :D . I have an interesting Prelude to offer. It also sort of requires tall-ish people to drive as the seat is fixed.
If you guys haven't found a third team member yet, would you guys be interested in driving a boring old Rx8 with fairly new RS3s :) ?
AC
CST RX7 #800
Orion Radtke

Post by Orion Radtke »

If you guys haven't found a third team member yet, would you guys be interested in driving a boring old Rx8 with fairly new RS3s :) ?
Me and a friend are looking for a third RWD driver. We have a bone stock 2005 Mini Cooper S and a 2013 Subaru WRX with new RS-3. We are both novices (about 6 month+) so don't expect to win but both cars are fun
Q V
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Q V »

Orion Radtke wrote:
Me and a friend are looking for a third RWD driver. We have a bone stock 2005 Mini Cooper S and a 2013 Subaru WRX with new RS-3. We are both novices (about 6 month+) so don't expect to win but both cars are fun
Novices actually are favored in SCNAX Cups!
Kyle O'Rourke

Post by Kyle O'Rourke »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:
Orion Radtke wrote:
Novices actually are favored in SCNAX Cups!
That would work ^

I am pairing up with Matt Ales and we are looking for a AWD car and driver.
Jeff Stuart
King of Fastrack!
Car#: 13

Post by Jeff Stuart »

With the St. George Match Tour now cancelled (don't worry, I didn't really want a chance to win the triad award on the west coast...), I'd love to partake in the SCNAX cup. Anyone need a RWD national championship winning C-Street 370Z on their team? I'm not picky!
Orion Radtke

Post by Orion Radtke »

Jeff Stuart wrote:With the St. George Match Tour now cancelled (don't worry, I didn't really want a chance to win the triad award on the west coast...), I'd love to partake in the SCNAX cup. Anyone need a RWD national championship winning C-Street 370Z on their team? I'm not picky!
My team could use RWD if you don't mind, we have a 2005 Mini Cooper S and a 2013 WRX on RS3. We could also use the experience. PM me if you are interested.
collinseib

Post by collinseib »

Orion Radtke wrote: My team could use RWD if you don't mind, we have a 2005 Mini Cooper S and a 2013 WRX on RS3. We could also use the experience. PM me if you are interested.
I already signed up for the practice, but if there is a team I can join I would love to compete! I have a car for RWD, it's a timid s14 240sx. I am a somewhat inexperienced driver, but confident I can hold my own. Or if any other team is looking, don't hesitate to hit me up!
George Schilling
Club Representative

For those of you that have entered the SCNAX Cup, all I can say is I'm sorry. For those of you who have not yet entered, don't bother. Why?

The "Old Farts" are in the house!

Yes, it's the "Old Farts" consisting of:
  • Stephen "the Chairman" Yeoh

Stanley "the Builder" Kowalski

George "the Captain" Schilling

With experience like this, we are a shoe in to win this thing. So if you haven't entered yet, why bother? Why subject yourself to the humiliation of being humbled at the hands of the oldest farts in the region? ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

But then again, why not try? What's the worse that can happen? You get slaughtered and go crying home to mommy?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like there's still room for a couple more teams. So join in if you dare. Just don't expect to win! :P :P :P :P :P
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

After much consideration on how to respond to the challenge issued by Team 'Old Farts' and to answer the question as to why try, Team 'We Are Groot' says:

WE ARE GROOT!
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative

^Stephen is not THAT old compared to George and Stanley....

With that being said, I propose the team be renamed to:

"TWO OLD FARTS & THE CHAIRMAN"

Has a kind of a nice ring to it don't ya think? LOL ;) :P
George Schilling
Club Representative

Jonathan Hartendorp wrote:^Stephen is not THAT old compared to George and Stanley....

With that being said, I propose the team be renamed to:

"TWO OLD FARTS & THE CHAIRMAN"

Has a kind of a nice ring to it don't ya think? LOL ;) :P
You'd be surprised! Stephen is a lot older than he looks. And Stan and I look older than we are! :lol:

Just remember one thing.........

The "Old Farts" are in the house! :P :P :P :P :P
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Brotherly love and a 458 will get it done.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

George Schilling wrote:
The "Old Farts" are in the house! :P :P :P :P :P
After reading that, I'm left, a-gas-t.
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Just out of curiosity, how do we know what numbers we're supposed to use?
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Q V
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Q V »

Hello everybody. Sorry, I messed up, I thought I had asked for #'s as well in the GoogleForm.

In any case, please PM or email me the #'s you want to use & who it is associated w/. The basic format is choose a 2 digit # (give me your first, second, and 3rd choices), you numbers will be:

## - Driver 1 (Team Captain)
1## - Driver 2
2## - Driver 3

aka Super extended Nationals style multi driver numbering system.

This will be all listed on the forums for confirmation later this week on a separate thread since this one is getting long once I get around to it (working on it over the next couple of days, I promise!).

QV
Guy Walker
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:Hello everybody. Sorry, I messed up, I thought I had asked for #'s as well in the GoogleForm.

In any case, please PM or email me the #'s you want to use & who it is associated w/. The basic format is choose a 2 digit # (give me your first, second, and 3rd choices), you numbers will be:

## - Driver 1 (Team Captain)
1## - Driver 2
2## - Driver 3

aka Super extended Nationals style multi driver numbering system.

This will be all listed on the forums for confirmation later this week on a separate thread since this one is getting long once I get around to it (working on it over the next couple of days, I promise!).

QV
ken tells me that the S2 Crew will be 88, 188, 288.
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative

^Numbering info updated in first post of this thread :mrgreen:
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Did we have any AWD or RWD single drivers looking for a team. Tadd bailed on us today and last night I found out Sheldon's 335 F Street morphed into a H Street 2015 Mini Cooper.

So two FWD's.... Mini Coopers do well in H-Street. And of course, lil blue is one of the best prepped STC cars in the country.

Come drive with the Ekstrand Brothers.... PLEASE!!!!
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Hi Ly
Car#: 52

Post by Hi Ly »

Hello Steve,
This is Hi Ly. I am not looking for a team but if you need a RWD, I'll join you. Do you want an almost worn-out rear tires GT3 or a fairly new Dunlop Z2 on a 2011 stock Miata? let me know. my email is hituanly@yahoo.com.