January Event Registration is Now Open!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

January Event Registration is Now Open!

Post by George Schilling »

The "Welcome 2015" practice and "Autocross Sunday" events are now open for registration.

As this is the first event of the year, I expect high demand for the practice. Get you entry in early.

You can register here!

While you're there, don't forget to register for the 2014 Awards Banquet if you haven't already. This is not just for the trophy and award winners. Everybody should attend to cheer on those who did. Great food! Door prizes!

BTW, for the thrifty among us, we have priced this event below what you would normally pay for brunch at this excellent historic eatery while enjoying the same food in our own private dining area. This is an excellent value!

So no excuses! Come out and share your autocross stories of the past year! Guests are welcome to share the memories with you!

Register here!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Re: January Event Registration is Now Open!

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

I'll be missing that weekend due to 24 Hours of LeMons in Sonoma :(
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

A note on the run order for the event: Due to the new classing in Street and the inevitable moving around some others will do, we won't be able to determine the run groups until we have most of the people signed up. So this is to encourage you to sign up online as soon as possible and not to wait until the last minute. Your event organizers thank you.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Kurt Rahn
Car#: 88

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Adam Tarnoff wrote:I'll be missing that weekend due to 24 Hours of LeMons in Sonoma :(
If you care about year-end points, don't forget to request your average for the event beforehand with your club rep.
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Will Kalman
Car#: 232

Post by Will Kalman »

Kurt Rahn wrote:
Adam Tarnoff wrote:I'll be missing that weekend due to 24 Hours of LeMons in Sonoma :(
If you care about year-end points, don't forget to request your average for the event beforehand with your club rep.
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't that allowance only for SCCA Solo and Road Race events (especially as an official/worker/flagger/etc)?
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Will Kalman wrote:
Kurt Rahn wrote:
Not to rain on anyone's parade, but isn't that allowance only for SCCA Solo and Road Race events (especially as an official/worker/flagger/etc)?
Good point. Knee jerk and no-coffee-yet reaction
==============
Oversteer is better than understeer because you don't see the tree you're hitting.
Robert Stangarone
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 186

Post by Robert Stangarone »

I'm in. Yeay for autocross in 2015.
RS-R USA | Winmax | Delicious Tuning | CounterSpaceGarage | Raceseng | Cusco L.S.D.
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

The entry list is now posted. Here's the link.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Mohammed Alam

Post by Mohammed Alam »

Is it common for wait listers to make it in? I want to go, but still have some questions on family/friends attending and whether the entrance fee is per day or event?

Novice, if it wasnt abundantly obvious....
Leonard Cachola
Novice Coordinator
Car#: 82

Post by Leonard Cachola »

Rat18120 wrote:Is it common for wait listers to make it in? I want to go, but still have some questions on family/friends attending and whether the entrance fee is per day or event?

Novice, if it wasnt abundantly obvious....
Depends on the number of people who drop out before the practice and how many wait listers there are. Also, you can try coming out the morning of the practice to see if you can get in.

Can't answer your questions on family/friends attending if you don't ask.

Entrance fee is per driver/per event. So, if you attend Saturday and Sunday, you have to pay entry fees for both days because they are separate events.

BTW, use your real name on this forum, please. We want to be able to place a face to a name when we actually see you in person.
~Leonard Cachola
#82 CS, CSCC Solo Novice Coordinator
Guy Walker
Car#: 84

Post by Guy Walker »

I tried to register for the race and my new number isn't available to select, but does show in my profile as my reserved number. Help!
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Guy Walker wrote:I tried to register for the race and my new number isn't available to select, but does show in my profile as my reserved number. Help!
What's it supposed to be, 123 or 84? They should both be available now so you can register.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

If you plan on attending on Sunday, please register as soon as possible so I can work out run groups this weekend. With only 89 currently registered rather difficult to predict. Otherwise, the groups may change several times during the next week, including the day of the event.

Also, please read the instructions when registering and selecting your class. Despite clear instructions to only select a class in the PAX drop down if you are actually entering an indexed class, a large percentage of those in the now individual Street classes have selected their class in both the Class drop down and the PAX drop down. This screws up the import to the timing computer, so I have to go find and edit all those incorrect registrations.
Guy Walker

Post by Guy Walker »

Rick Brown wrote:
Guy Walker wrote:I tried to register for the race and my new number isn't available to select, but does show in my profile as my reserved number. Help!
What's it supposed to be, 123 or 84? They should both be available now so you can register.
84 is new, 123 is old. Hmm... I see both numbers in my profile, but when registering I don't see either in the dropdown... It is acting more like an exclusion list because I see a bunch of other numbers, just not either of the numbers in my profile.

Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Guy Walker wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:
84 is new, 123 is old. Hmm... I see both numbers in my profile, but when registering I don't see either in the dropdown... It is acting more like an exclusion list because I see a bunch of other numbers, just not either of the numbers in my profile.

Someone else had a similar problem last year, she had to contact MSR to get it fixed. Apparently beyond my powers. For the moment, you can just register with any number and I can edit it after the fact.
Guy Walker

Post by Guy Walker »

Rick Brown wrote:
Guy Walker wrote:
Rick Brown wrote: What's it supposed to be, 123 or 84? They should both be available now so you can register.
Someone else had a similar problem last year, she had to contact MSR to get it fixed. Apparently beyond my powers. For the moment, you can just register with any number and I can edit it after the fact.
I registered as 141 and sent support an email. Thanks!
Guy Walker
#84 370Z
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Guy Walker wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:
Guy Walker wrote: 84 is new, 123 is old. Hmm... I see both numbers in my profile, but when registering I don't see either in the dropdown... It is acting more like an exclusion list because I see a bunch of other numbers, just not either of the numbers in my profile.
I registered as 141 and sent support an email. Thanks!
Updated to 84.
Catherine Tran
Car#: 70

Post by Catherine Tran »

HI everyone, do we have the run order for Sunday posted somewhere for this event? I couldn't find it online.
Sincerely,
Catherine Tran
SCNAX #70
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Catherine Tran wrote:HI everyone, do we have the run order for Sunday posted somewhere for this event? I couldn't find it online.
No, I'll try to get to it tonight. Still @ work.
Kurt Rahn

Post by Kurt Rahn »

Guy Walker wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

You get 666 and you'll like it :twisted
==============
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

While I haven't made the normal Run Order listing yet, your Run Group will now show up within the class listing in the Attendee List on MSR: CLICK HERE

Groups 1 and 2 run in the morning, JrKarts, 3, 4, and 5 run after lunch.
Mihail Milkov

Post by Mihail Milkov »

Rick Brown wrote:While I haven't made the normal Run Order listing yet, your Run Group will now show up within the class listing in the Attendee List on MSR: CLICK HERE

I am running in B Street. The site shows me as running in Group 5, while the rest of the BS people are shown to run in Group 1, except for Guy Walker whose group is listed as "exempt". What's going on?
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Mihail Milkov wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:While I haven't made the normal Run Order listing yet, your Run Group will now show up within the class listing in the Attendee List on MSR: CLICK HERE

I am running in B Street. The site shows me as running in Group 5, while the rest of the BS people are shown to run in Group 1, except for Guy Walker whose group is listed as "exempt". What's going on?
I was doing a lot of moving things around last night while figuring out the run groups. Once they are assigned in MSR, it will put you in the group automatically when you register, but since most were registered before I made the assignments, I had to enter everyone's group manually last night and I probably just did yours wrong. Fixed now. People listed as Exempt are those with pre-assigned work assignments, such as event officials, tech and registration workers and course setup people.
James Yom
Current Solo Director
Car#: 28

Post by James Yom »

Can't make practice. Family emergency. If someone wants my spot please take it.
Philip McDaniel

Post by Philip McDaniel »

Hello. I'm a first timer here on the forum, and to Autocross in general. I would like to know if spectators will be allowed at this Saturday's practice. I am really interested in getting involved in autocross, and I would like to attend the Saturday practice to see what it's all about. Thanks.