March Event Registration is Now Open!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

March Event Registration is Now Open!

Post by George Schilling »

You can register for both Prepping for the PRO autocross practice and Autocross Sunday #3 here.

Demand for the Prepping for the PRO autocross practice will be exceptionally high. There is a priority system in place to give preference to those attending the 2015 Tire Rack El Toro Pro Solo.

As usual, the entry list will be posted two week prior to the event. Once on the list, you entry is confirmed and guaranteed. If you enter after the list is posted you may not be accepted despite your priority status. PLEASE REGISTER EARLY!
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
George Schilling
Club Representative

Re: March Event Registration is Now Open!

In the first 24 hours since posting, we are at 60% of capacity.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

George Schilling wrote:In the first 24 hours since posting, we are at 60% of capacity.
For practice?
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
George Schilling
Club Representative

Adam Tarnoff wrote:
George Schilling wrote:In the first 24 hours since posting, we are at 60% of capacity.
For practice?
Si
Jonathan Lugod
King of Fastrack!
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 194

Post by Jonathan Lugod »

I will volunteer for course design if you haven't found one yet. Noticed the position was open on motorsportreg.
http://www.osgiken.net
4 BSP- 2019 Mazda ND Miata - 2001 SSM Honda S2000
OS Giken / Bride / ShaftWorks USA
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Jonathan Lugod wrote:I will volunteer for course design if you haven't found one yet. Noticed the position was open on motorsportreg.
Course design runs through the course design committee. Check with Tom to see if anyone is lined up already. He may still be looking for volunteers.
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Stephen Strand
Car#: 519

Post by Stephen Strand »

I am looking forward to running first thing in the morning after the terrible setting sun at the last event :mrgreen:
Mediocre driver. #519 Focus ST. Lead mod for www.reddit.com/r/rallycross
Adam Tarnoff

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

Rick Brown wrote:CLICK FOR WORK/RUN ORDER
Now I can't sleep in! :D
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
HowdyZ06

Post by HowdyZ06 »

How does tech/registration work for afternoon run groups? Site is El Toro or ACS?
David Howdyshell
2002 Corvette Z06 A-Street
Adam Tarnoff

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

HowdyZ06 wrote:How does tech/registration work for afternoon run groups? Site is El Toro or ACS?
Tech and Registration close at noon - just be there 11ish and you'll be fine.
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

HowdyZ06 wrote:Site is El Toro or ACS?
El Toro. Flyer fixed (you may need to refresh).
Alex Valencia
Car#: 304

Post by Alex Valencia »

I didn't realize that the waitlist priority went to the ProSolo attendees, which I am attending, and I selected the option of Running Sunday Championship Event or however it's worded. I hope I don't get bumped onto the waitlist because of that decision. When will the list be out? The message that is currently on Motorsportreg is from 2014. Thanks
George Schilling
Club Representative

Alex Valencia wrote:I didn't realize that the waitlist priority went to the ProSolo attendees, which I am attending, and I selected the option of Running Sunday Championship Event or however it's worded. I hope I don't get bumped onto the waitlist because of that decision. When will the list be out? The message that is currently on Motorsportreg is from 2014. Thanks
Thanks for the heads up on the attendee list Alex. I've update your registration to indicate Pro Solo.
Alex Valencia
Car#: 304

Post by Alex Valencia »

George Schilling wrote:
Alex Valencia wrote:I didn't realize that the waitlist priority went to the ProSolo attendees, which I am attending, and I selected the option of Running Sunday Championship Event or however it's worded. I hope I don't get bumped onto the waitlist because of that decision. When will the list be out? The message that is currently on Motorsportreg is from 2014. Thanks
Thanks for the heads up on the attendee list Alex. I've update your registration to indicate Pro Solo.
Thank you George
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Did anybody notice there are a couple of noobies in PAX? Larsson or something like that....... ;)
Peter Mendoza

Post by Peter Mendoza »

Good Afternoon. George can you please place me on the wait list for Saturday (3/7) as I tried to register for the event with no success. There is a message that states event is suspended at this time...
Thank you.
Peter Mendoza
Bill Schenker
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 14

Post by Bill Schenker »

Rick Brown wrote:Did anybody notice there are a couple of noobies in PAX? Larsson or something like that....... ;)

I think they're Swedish ralliers.
MiataRoadster/OS Giken/ChaseCam/
2001 Mazda Miata
#14 DP
takchi

Post by takchi »

I was finally able to free up my schedule for a practice event, however, I see that the registration has been closed. Is there a way to still sign up? A few friends of mine have linked me to this thread.

Thanks,
David
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

takchi wrote:I was finally able to free up my schedule for a practice event, however, I see that the registration has been closed. Is there a way to still sign up? A few friends of mine have linked me to this thread.

Thanks,
David
Due to the upcoming ProSolo at El Toro, this practice is very over subscribed as usual. 145 people have applied and we can only accommodate maybe 90, plus there is a priority system in effect for this practice with ProSolo entrants getting in first.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I think March is always in a league of its own in terms of being over-subscribed.

But I do need to register Robert for the Practice as a Junior Karter.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
takchi

Post by takchi »

Rick Brown wrote:
takchi wrote:I was finally able to free up my schedule for a practice event, however, I see that the registration has been closed. Is there a way to still sign up? A few friends of mine have linked me to this thread.

Thanks,
David
Due to the upcoming ProSolo at El Toro, this practice is very over subscribed as usual. 145 people have applied and we can only accommodate maybe 90, plus there is a priority system in effect for this practice with ProSolo entrants getting in first.
I understand. I am signed up for the ProSolo at El Toro, however, have no autocross before. :oops: I guess it'll be a humbling experience competing against the best. :lol:
HowdyZ06

Post by HowdyZ06 »

takchi wrote: I understand. I am signed up for the ProSolo at El Toro, however, have no autocross before. :oops: I guess it'll be a humbling experience competing against the best. :lol:
Plenty of opportunity to get some autocross in before then that are not the practice day.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/au ... -ii-349692
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pc ... ast-029063
David Howdyshell
2002 Corvette Z06 A-Street
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

HowdyZ06 wrote:
takchi wrote: I understand. I am signed up for the ProSolo at El Toro, however, have no autocross before. :oops: I guess it'll be a humbling experience competing against the best. :lol:
Plenty of opportunity to get some autocross in before then that are not the practice day.
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/au ... -ii-349692
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/pc ... ast-029063
There's also a San Diego SCCA practice/champ weekend on Mar 14-15. You might be able to find others in Camarillo and check with BMW club as well.

Jay W
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

takchi wrote:
Rick Brown wrote:

Thanks,
David
I understand. I am signed up for the ProSolo at El Toro, however, have no autocross before. :oops: I guess it'll be a humbling experience competing against the best. :lol:
Looks like about 65 ProSolo entrants. You might try contacting George Schilling and see what he says. Note that this is not a ProSolo practice, you won't get any practice at the ProSolo style start. For that, you will need to be there Friday afternoon of the ProSolo to get practice starts. The demand is for people wanting to get their cars set up for the El Toro surface.