SCNAX CUP 2015!!!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 513

SCNAX CUP 2015!!!

Post by Jonathan Hartendorp »

The 2nd most anticipated AutoX event of the year...

SCNAX CUP X 2015: The TENTH! :o :shock: :)

The infamously-famous SCNAX Cup is a one-day TEAM competition happening on Saturday October 17th, 2015 that lets you test your driving skills in different cars against other drivers/rivals!

Teams consisting of 3 drivers in 3 different cars compete against each other in a battle of driving skill, precision, and wits in order to see who is the best and fastest to win the SCNAX Cup!

:arrow: GENERAL RULES :

Drivers:

3 drivers, 3 cars (2 okay for teams w/normal co-drivers) - at least 1 car must be a different drivetrain (FWD, RWD, AWD, Kart/UWD). 3 cars is still highly recommended for logistics & fun purposes.

Example: 2 miatas, 1 Subaru WRX

Competition:

Saturday, only 4 runs per driver in each car (3 cars x 4 runs per car= 12 total).

Team Points - The best run for each driver in each car counts ONLY! (For 2 car teams, best time in each car, but car w/2 times must be from different drivers). Points/times are off indexing system (combination of car class time + driver indexing below), not raw time.

Numbering:

Number system is similar to Nationals/Regionals - xx, 1xx, 2xx; no local numbers, easier to keep track of teams

The basic format is choose a 2 digit # (give me your first, second, and 3rd choices), your numbers will be:

## - Driver 1 (Team Captain)
1## - Driver 2
2## - Driver 3

(aka Super extended Nationals style multi driver numbering system)

Indexing System:

With each entry, you will be required to provide their most recent 3 event results for indexing (we will only count 2014-2015) - event date, your car class, your pax time, and top pax time of that event. In addition:

- if you do not supply it, you will run some default handicap (based on class leader or something of our choosing).
- if you don't have 3 events between 2014-2015, we will average out however many they have run and/or add a default handicap depending on situation (again of our choosing)
- if you lie about your index, you will run some default handicap + extra punishment (evil punishment to be determined :evil: )

:arrow: AWARDS:

The SCNAX CUP will be awarded to the FASTEST team! :D

AND trophies will be given out to the 2nd and 3rd place teams along with these awards:

> "MVP" Most Valuable Pax - The driver with the lowest raw time (before driver's PAX) :)

> "MVC" Most Valuable Car Award - The car with the lowest total PAX Time :roll:

> "MVD" Most Valuable Driver Award – The driver with the lowest fully indexed total time ;)

:arrow: SO, think you got what it takes to WIN the SCNAX CUP?

ARE you ready to do battle for all the KUDOS, CATCALLS, and BRAGGIN' RIGHTS???

Then sign up for the SCNAX Cup by clicking the link below!
:P :roll: :lol: :? :ugeek: :mrgreen:

:idea: :idea: :idea: ALL SCNAX CUP competitors/potential competitors, please fill out this Google form :idea: :idea: :idea: :
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1_mA4p3 ... o/viewform

PLUS, You can view current teams and free agents here to help you form a team if you don't have one yet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =109638631

:arrow: AND PLEASE NOTE: You will still have to register on Motorsportsreg.com for this event. Link is below
https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/sc ... gr5Z5f6GZM
Last edited by Jonathan Hartendorp on Mon Oct 12, 2015 10:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Club: CASOC
Car#: 88

Re: SCNAX CUP 2015!

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Bummer, I'm teaching on the 17th :(
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair
Jayson Woodruff
Club: PSCC
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

So... want to start a "Need a Team/Have a Team" thread, or just run it here?

BTW, can I get a dumbbed down explaination of this: "For 2 car teams, best time in each car, but car w/2 times must be from different drivers", ya lost me,

Jay W
>>>>2004 SCNAX Cup winner!
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 69

Post by Q V »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:So... want to start a "Need a Team/Have a Team" thread, or just run it here?

BTW, can I get a dumbbed down explaination of this: "For 2 car teams, best time in each car, but car w/2 times must be from different drivers", ya lost me,

Jay W
>>>>2004 SCNAX Cup winner!
Feel free to start the need/have team stuff in this thread, Jayson. I'll post a separate thread up w/ current teams & free agents once we get a little closer to the actual date and/or enough people fill out the form.

My interpretation of what I think the 2 car team rule is (Jon will chime in w/ any corrections):

- short version: the way your total team time (and possibly other metrics) is counted is different than for a 3 car team.

- slightly longer version:
-- let's say you have a 3 car team, we count the best time in every car regardless of who drove the car.
-- in a 2 car team, we count the best time in every car, but the car that gets run twice will be from 2 different drivers (I'm guessing to balance out that you drove it 6 times instead of 3 and/or so you don't count a single driver's time in a car twice).

I personally think we should just force it back to 3 cars. 2 cars = no fun!
Jayson Woodruff

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote:I personally think we should just force it back to 3 cars. 2 cars = no fun!
Yeah, Ken and I are leaning away from actually do this, but our "Second" car is an ill prepared PAX dog.

I haven't driven a SCNAX cup in like 10 years. I'm kind of excited and hope my schedule holds up.

Jay W
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

How about a rental car pax handicap?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Robert Puertas
Car#: 44

Post by Robert Puertas »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:How about a rental car pax handicap?
Only if there's price limit on the daily rental cost.
No fair getting a rental pax handicap and then renting a Ferrari F430...

Actually, we could just set it up as a claiming race. You show up in a F430 and I'll show up in a Mazda 3 from hertz and I can just claim your car and swap for the day. :-)

Oh hell, let's do a Scnax Cup Rental Car Lottery. Throw all the rental car keys in a hat. Draw a key and take a lap.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Q V »

Robert Puertas wrote:Oh hell, let's do a Scnax Cup Rental Car Lottery. Throw all the rental car keys in a hat. Draw a key and take a lap.
Yes, please!
Jayson Woodruff

Robert Puertas wrote:Oh hell, let's do a Scnax Cup Rental Car Lottery. Throw all the rental car keys in a hat. Draw a key and take a lap.
Ohh... A good old fashion key party. Haven't been to one of those in a while.

Jay W
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Even if it's a really cool rental car (Lambo Aventador), it's still an SSP pax on a full stock car on street tires!!! It would make more sense to rent the Mazda ND.

Family has a no Ferrari rule. :( Sorry Bill Schenker. So, we're kinda stuck with Lambos, R8s, McLarens, Aston Martins, maybe Porsches, though they seem to be in a no Porsche mood.
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Jayson Woodruff

Does SCNAX cup still use the "Street tire for race tire class" modifier?

Jay W
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

We have. With Stock moving to Street, as well as the depth of the SK classes previously, we have had limited usage. But the rule has survived, even if not in Jon's post above.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Even if it's a really cool rental car (Lambo Aventador), it's still an SSP pax on a full stock car on street tires!!! It would make more sense to rent the Mazda ND.

Family has a no Ferrari rule. :( Sorry Bill Schenker. So, we're kinda stuck with Lambos, R8s, McLarens, Aston Martins, maybe Porsches, though they seem to be in a no Porsche mood.
No Bentely , Lotus, Alpha 4C, Noble...
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
Q V
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Q V »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:Does SCNAX cup still use the "Street tire for race tire class" modifier?

Jay W
We use it as a factor for computing your driver handicap when you competed if it was relevant (i.e. SK classes way back when if you haven't competed in a while I guess). However, actual "competition" for the SCNAX Cup will be whatever the car falls into currently this year. If there is still the provision for it in local supps, we can class your car that way if you desire. We can kinda do whatever the hell we want.
Justin Erickson
Car#: 846

Post by Justin Erickson »

What is the cost of this per driver?
If everything seems under control, you're not going fast enough
- Mario Andretti
Jonathan Hartendorp
Club Representative
Car#: 513

Post by Jonathan Hartendorp »

^Cost is just regular practice entry which is $70, nothing additional :D
Jayson Woodruff

Quoc-Viet Dang wrote: If there is still the provision for it in local supps, we can class your car that way if you desire. We can kinda do whatever the hell we want.
You're losing me a little in the explaination, but what I was looking at is my driver pax based on results from a properly configured car (the WRX in DS), but then bringing a DP classed car, but putting it on street tires (i.e. car pax of DPx{tire modifier (.98?)}.)

Back when we wrote the street tire modifier into the rules, it was to allow normal R-comp competitors to run street tires for the cup without taking such a PAX hit. This was much more common when stock cars were on R-comps.

Jay W
Bobby Beyer

Re: SCNAX CUP 2015!!!

Post by Bobby Beyer »

Can I get some freebie runs if I'm racing on the big track?
"Promise mediocrity. Deliver just slightly better." - Jarrett Bellini
Q V
Solo Safety Steward

Post by Q V »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Quoc-Viet Dang wrote: If there is still the provision for it in local supps, we can class your car that way if you desire. We can kinda do whatever the hell we want.
You're losing me a little in the explaination, but what I was looking at is my driver pax based on results from a properly configured car (the WRX in DS), but then bringing a DP classed car, but putting it on street tires (i.e. car pax of DPx{tire modifier (.98?)}.)

Back when we wrote the street tire modifier into the rules, it was to allow normal R-comp competitors to run street tires for the cup without taking such a PAX hit. This was much more common when stock cars were on R-comps.

Jay W
Oh, I thought you were talking about how we had DS (R-comps) but also had DS (SK class w/ street tire index). That's what happened the last time I compiled the #'s. We haven't compiled street tire modifiers for running a P/M/etc class car since I've been compiling it.

Sure we can add that back in, just put it in the comments.
Bobby Beyer wrote:Can I get some freebie runs if I'm racing on the big track?
No
Matt Ales
Car#: 87

Post by Matt Ales »

Pete and I are looking for someone with a non RWD car. Will be using his Miata and my M3.
#87 - 2006 BMW M3
Adam Tarnoff
Car#: 49

Post by Adam Tarnoff »

Matt Ales wrote:Pete and I are looking for someone with a non RWD car. Will be using his Miata and my M3.
I am a free agent for this SCNAX cup
#49 STX Mazda RX-8
Nic Sanchez
Club: No$
Car#: 67

Post by Nic Sanchez »

I am also avaliable for anyone looking for one more. I bring a 97 ES Miata into the pot. :D

Thanks,
Nic
Chris

Post by Chris »

I would like to participate if anyone will have me on their team.
Novice with Mustang STU class.