SCCA Fontana Autocross for $25! (practice/dinner/9 runs)

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Richard Jung
Club: PSCC
Car#: 71

SCCA Fontana Autocross for $25! (practice/dinner/9 runs)

Post by Richard Jung »

All types of cars welcome! CSCC is hosting the California CAM Challenge autocross. The SCCA is allowing 50 non-CAM drivers to sign up for a discounted rate of $25 for the 3 day event. We'll need some help some working the small CAM Challenge group Sunday, but the Cal Poly FSAE team will have volunteers there also.

- Friday Practice, 3 runs for $10, no limit to # of runs. Evolution school; check their website to sign up.
- (2) Autocrosses of 3 runs each on Sat. SCCA is sponsoring a Saturday dinner, included in your $25 entry.
- Autocross Sunday morning, 9 runs total for Sat and Sun, Awards for top 3 competitors. Some help with Challenge rounds.

Hope to see you all there!

https://www.scca.com/pages/cam-challenge
http://www.scca.com/events/1982796-2016 ... -challenge
Michael Chang

Re: SCCA Fontana Autocross for $25! (practice/dinner/9 runs)

Post by Michael Chang »

I signed up, but I will only be able to attend on Saturday, and not Sunday. Can I still work/run if I'm only able to attend on Saturday?

Thanks,

Michael
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

Michael Chang wrote:I signed up, but I will only be able to attend on Saturday, and not Sunday. Can I still work/run if I'm only able to attend on Saturday?

Thanks,

Michael
Yes just Saturday is fine. We'll likely need some workers for the early afternoon Sunday Challenge, but the more the merrier!

The way the "worker" option on the web site is written sounds like more work than it is. We shouldn't need any extra workers on Saturday, just some to people work course for the muscle car challenge runs early Sunday afternoon. Workers also are included in the dinner.
Chris Myers
Car#: 369

Post by Chris Myers »

Quick question!

So I went to the site, clicked the $25 Worker option, filled out the payment info and paid.

Is that it?

I just wanted to make sure I was officially added as a worker and paid. I would hate to show up and then have no record of me :(

Thanks!
2013 Honda Fit Sport -STF
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

Chris Myers wrote:Quick question!

So I went to the site, clicked the $25 Worker option, filled out the payment info and paid.

Is that it?

I just wanted to make sure I was officially added as a worker and paid. I would hate to show up and then have no record of me :(

Thanks!
Yep, that should be it! The worker reg doesn't show up on the entry list. I'll be getting updates on the list and will post as we get closer to the date.

Also don't forget to take advantage of the test and tune course, 3 for $10.

There's also an Evo School for $85 for 18 students on Friday. As long as the CAM cars don't fill it, it's open to all drivers.

Rick
Last edited by Richard Jung on Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
David Barrish
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

Rick,

I have signed up for the event with a co-driver, we can both help in Tech Inspection. We will be driving Daryl's "FP" 1979 BMW 320, it's painted Chevy "Huger" Orange. It'll fit in on a number of levels.

Sort of.

David
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

Richard Jung wrote:Also don't forget to take advantage of the test and tune course, $X per lap, or 3 for $10.
Might want to check your math on that.

Jay W
Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

David Barrish wrote:Rick,

I have signed up for the event with a co-driver, we can both help in Tech Inspection. We will be driving Daryl's "FP" 1979 BMW 320, it's painted Chevy "Huger" Orange. It'll fit in on a number of levels.

Sort of.

David
Hey David,

I'm Chief of Tech for the event. I'll keep you in mind as soon as I get the entire Tech schedule and worker allotment from Richard. I'm pretty sure we'll have Tech open most of Friday and at least Saturday morning early (Maybe Sunday a bit early too?). Don't know the worker allotment yet, but I'll reach out a little closer to the event.

Randy Gonzalez
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

Jayson Woodruff wrote:
Richard Jung wrote:Also don't forget to take advantage of the test and tune course, $X per lap, or 3 for $10.
Might want to check your math on that.

Jay W

Thanks waiting for verification :)

Randy, Kurt Williams also said he could work tech on Friday.
Jacob Chesin
Car#: 524

Post by Jacob Chesin »

Hi there! I just acquired a stock 2002 Miata and I'm very interested in starting Autocross. I have been to a couple of events at Fontana in the past to help volunteer with CPP FSAE, however I have never raced autocross before (I have drag raced quite a bit in the past with a 67 VW). I was wondering if this would be a good event to jump in to auto-x racing? I would be available all three days. Unfortunately I can't make it to the April 23rd weekend event, otherwise I would just go to that. Any recommendations would be great, thanks

Jake
Jake - 2002 Miata, Koni Yellows, RB front sway bar, Federal RS-R's, GWR Bump Stops, Boss Frog Tubular Roll bar
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

vocherro wrote:Hi there! I just acquired a stock 2002 Miata and I'm very interested in starting Autocross. I have been to a couple of events at Fontana in the past to help volunteer with CPP FSAE, however I have never raced autocross before (I have drag raced quite a bit in the past with a 67 VW). I was wondering if this would be a good event to jump in to auto-x racing? I would be available all three days. Unfortunately I can't make it to the April 23rd weekend event, otherwise I would just go to that. Any recommendations would be great, thanks

Jake
Hi Jake,

This would be a great way to start auto crossing. You can learn the ropes about how these events work, in a low key environment. Lots for runs and a free dinner on Saturday immediately after the event. Just need to work on course Sunday afternoon while the muscle car run elimination runs, heard we may be finished by 2:30pm.

Rick
Jacob Chesin

Post by Jacob Chesin »

Richard Jung wrote:
Hi Jake,

This would be a great way to start auto crossing. You can learn the ropes about how these events work, in a low key environment. Lots for runs and a free dinner on Saturday immediately after the event. Just need to work on course Sunday afternoon while the muscle car run elimination runs, heard we may be finished by 2:30pm.

Rick
Sounds Great, looking forward to it

Jake
Jake - 2002 Miata, Koni Yellows, RB front sway bar, Federal RS-R's, GWR Bump Stops, Boss Frog Tubular Roll bar
Daryl Lane
Car#: 32

Post by Daryl Lane »

No reply from National yet - anyway to say if we are signed up?

Signed and paid for David and my self.
Cathy Strovers
Club: CASOC
Car#: 973

Post by Cathy Strovers »

Hi!

I just want to make sure I understand everything in this post...it sounds like I can sign up with the Worker option even if I am only able to attend on Saturday, and I won't have to work, and I will get dinner...is that correct? Sounds too good to be true, so I just wanted to check. Also, non-CAM cars are allowed, correct? When I checked the list of attendees, I only saw CAM cars, so I just wanted to make sure. Although, I would argue that my car is a modern American muscle car, even though it has 4 doors... :D
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

cathystrovers wrote:Hi!

I just want to make sure I understand everything in this post...it sounds like I can sign up with the Worker option even if I am only able to attend on Saturday, and I won't have to work, and I will get dinner...is that correct? Sounds too good to be true, so I just wanted to check. Also, non-CAM cars are allowed, correct? When I checked the list of attendees, I only saw CAM cars, so I just wanted to make sure. Although, I would argue that my car is a modern American muscle car, even though it has 4 doors... :D
It is true. :) This event has some generous sponsors that are helping to subsidize this event and the dinner. With the worker option you will need to work. We were mostly looking for Sunday people to work during the small Challenge rounds, which could end as early as 2:30pm. Remember workers get to run Sunday morning also, so a lot of seat time for the $. However since you can't work Sunday, we have a position open to help at the gate on Saturday, if that works out.

Thanks
Jacob Chesin

Post by Jacob Chesin »

What time should I be there Friday in order to get in on the $10 for 3 runs deal? I'm already paid and signed up for Saturday and Sunday as a worker.

-Jacob Chesin
stasiu_hd

Post by stasiu_hd »

good day hey can i just run sunday and if so can i pay when i get there stanley kowalski
Richard Jung

Post by Richard Jung »

stasiu_hd wrote:good day hey can i just run sunday and if so can i pay when i get there stanley kowalski
yes