The May 14-15 Events Are Now Open for Registration

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

The May 14-15 Events Are Now Open for Registration

Post by George Schilling »

You can register for both events here.

The National Tour and PRO Solo stops will be behind us, so it's time to start preparing for the big stage, the national championships in Lincoln, Nebraska. To begin that effort, Auto Club Speedway will host the season's fifth event weekend beginning with a practice event hosted by the CASOC Autocross Club on Saturday, followed by Autocross Sunday the following day. Brandon Porambo will take charge as the lead course designer directing the CASOC team to produce an outstanding national caliber course for all to challenge. With lots of sunlight available, we should be able to accommodate 100 or so drivers. But don't hesitate getting your entry in as we are expecting a sell out. Click here for more information.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
FFwizard

Re: The May 14-15 Events Are Now Open for Registration

Post by FFwizard »

George, Noticed that you do not have a Safety person for this event. I may be able to fill that position. Tell me how you do Safety here at CalClub.
Mark
Mark, 1990 Van Diemen, CM
You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser
George Schilling
Club Representative

FFwizard wrote:George, Noticed that you do not have a Safety person for this event. I may be able to fill that position. Tell me how you do Safety here at CalClub.
Mark
Are you coming down for our event? Love to have you join us.

If I went outside our region for safety, I'd be shot. We need to keep our local guys current. But if you come down, I'll take of you. Hope you can make it.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
FFwizard

Post by FFwizard »

George,
There is no coming down. I am now a local guy. I live in Fallbrook. We are still working on the motor for my car, but I expect to be at the Crows Tour with it.
In SF Region we have a different Safety person for each run group.
Mark
Mark, 1990 Van Diemen, CM
You can try to make a street car into an autocrosser or you can do a lot less work and make a race car into a great autocrosser
George Schilling
Club Representative

FFwizard wrote:George,
There is no coming down. I am now a local guy. I live in Fallbrook. We are still working on the motor for my car, but I expect to be at the Crows Tour with it.
In SF Region we have a different Safety person for each run group.
Mark
Welcome to So Cal Mark. The rest of the CM guys will be happy to hear we have another CM car in the mix. See you soon.
Matt Davis
Car#: 562

Post by Matt Davis »

Cant wait, see you guys there in two weeks
Matt
George Schilling
Club Representative

The entry list is now posted. We still have a few spots available if you'd like to get in but please register soon.
Jacob Chesin
Car#: 524

Post by Jacob Chesin »

George Schilling wrote:The entry list is now posted. We still have a few spots available if you'd like to get in but please register soon.
Where do I go to check the entry list?
Jake - 2002 Miata, Koni Yellows, RB front sway bar, Federal RS-R's, GWR Bump Stops, Boss Frog Tubular Roll bar
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Jacob Chesin wrote:
George Schilling wrote:The entry list is now posted. We still have a few spots available if you'd like to get in but please register soon.
Where do I go to check the entry list?
Same place you go to register: http://www.solo2.motorsportreg.com, but here's a direct link: ENTRIES
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Is there a Work/Run order posted? The groups listed in the Registration don't seem right to me... does STX really run 1st?
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Max Hayter wrote:Is there a Work/Run order posted? The groups listed in the Registration don't seem right to me... does STX really run 1st?
No. Group listing in the entry list should have been disabled. Groups will be rotated 1 spot from last event and then split into more groups as necessary (current entries don't support more than 4 groups). STX is 3rd, right after lunch.
Max Hayter
Car#: 31

Post by Max Hayter »

Thanks Rick... that makes sense, but not sure how novices would ever figure this stuff out :) We should probably disable the Work/Run thing in Motorsports reg sooner than later, as posting the incorrect information is worse than posting none at all.

Thanks.

Edit - Never mind, I see it has been disabled now. Thank you.
~Max H.

Gearhead's Garage/FRSport

#31 SSC
George Schilling
Club Representative

We still have plenty of room for walk-ups. I you show up tomorrow morning, you are guaranteed a spot.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Max Hayter wrote:Thanks Rick... that makes sense, but not sure how novices would ever figure this stuff out :) We should probably disable the Work/Run thing in Motorsports reg sooner than later, as posting the incorrect information is worse than posting none at all.

Thanks.

Edit - Never mind, I see it has been disabled now. Thank you.
Yeah I need to train George to disable it when he clones a new event, I don't always notice it's on. I normally don't activate it until the run groups are set.