May 15th Event Format Comment

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Randy Gonzalez
Current Solo Director
Club: CASOC
Car#: 436

May 15th Event Format Comment

Post by Randy Gonzalez »

I just wanted to share a sentiment: With the lighter turn out this past Sunday, I really enjoyed the event format (I think George came up with it). The 4 competition runs with the 2 fun runs after turned out to be kinda fun (especially for me and my kid co-driving). The 4 competition laps was our typical standard event. But I thought it was real fun after competing to jump in with my co-driver and run the course together talking through our thinking and strategies. The pressure of the competition, but also a bit of the light hearted fun of practice day after it was over. We got to do our typical post event "bench racing" in the car on course.

Anyway, I thought it was a nice change and kudos to George (or whoever came up with it).
SCCA Certifications: Solo Safety Steward, Flagging and Communications
http://CorvetteNews.com/
George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

Re: May 15th Event Format Comment

Post by George Schilling »

Credit goes to the Event Master Adam Tarnoff who as EM had the final say on all decisions regarding the event on both days. Congrats to Adam on his first stint as EM.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Chris Myers
Car#: 369

Re: May 15th Event Format Comment

Post by Chris Myers »

I too appreciated the 2 extra fun runs!

I was able to beat on the car a little harder than normal, knowing my competition runs were done. Granted I spun out on the last fun run, but it was still fun!
2013 Honda Fit Sport -STF