New minor waiver rules and forms!!

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Kevin Pao

New minor waiver rules and forms!!

Post by Kevin Pao »

Since I am going to be the gate chief for the Jan. event, I figured I would try to expedite the process for the parents.

Please note there are changes to the minor waiver process for 2017. First, there are two separate forms now, one for witness with a notary and one that can be witnessed at the gate with an SCCA member as a witness. Second, carbon copies no longer exist. Hard cards will be ordered for minors who are competing year-round. We will submit the waivers to SCCA HQ and the cards will be mailed directly to the card holder.

As in prior years, the forms require BOTH PARENTS' or legal guardians signatures if the minor is a driver, passenger, or in the "hot area." One parent signature is accepted if the minor remains in the "cold area", however, the minor is required to wear a blue wristband which is issued at the gate.

Please find below links to the new waiver forms applicable to California. Forms must be printed in COLOR. (This is a requirement of our insurance carrier – sorry, there are no waivers to the color requirement.):

1) Form 1068-NOTARY
http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/sc ... 1461713670

- For use if parent(s) or legal guardian(s) cannot be at the gate to sign the minor waiver. Again, both parent signatures must be notarize if the minor is either a driver or passenger.

2) Form 1068-OFFICIAL
http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/sc ... 1461713821

- For use if parent(s) or legal guardians are at the gate to sign the minor waiver, with SCCA member present.

Please don't hesitate to PM or email me with any questions or concerns. I'll try to answer them the best I can.
Q V
Solo Safety Steward
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 69

Re: New minor waiver rules and forms!!

Post by Q V »

Kevin Pao wrote: 2) Form 1068-OFFICIAL
http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files/sc ... 1461713821

- For use if parent(s) or legal guardians are at the gate to sign the minor waiver, with SCCA member present.

Please don't hesitate to PM or email me with any questions or concerns. I'll try to answer them the best I can.
Can this form be used in lieu of #1? i.e. like how we did it before: SCCA Member bringing their sibling, niece/nephew, etc witnesses the parents' signatures off site & just brings this form?
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Use Form #1 above.
Form #1 above has the CA notarial wording printed on the form. Our wonderful legislatures, passed a law stating the Notarial wording that must be used verbatim. SCCA is just protecting themselves, by including the wording, rather than change a notary use outdated text, and the document becoming invalid.

and... Parents signing off site, have required Notarial signatures for several years. Showing up with another family member, and them claiming parents signed the document, and then the SCCA member signs base off of that statement, HAS NEVER been acceptable.
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Craig Naylor wrote: Parents signing off site, have required Notarial signatures for several years. Showing up with another family member, and them claiming parents signed the document, and then the SCCA member signs base off of that statement, HAS NEVER been acceptable.
I think he was asking if having another SCCA member witness the signatures off site was acceptable, like was done in the past. While I don't see the difference between an SCCA member witnessing at the gate or off site, the way I read it is off site must be notarized.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...