It's Awards Time! 2016 Solo Banquet Feb. 5

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

Lauren Kane Porta

It's Awards Time! 2016 Solo Banquet Feb. 5

Post by Lauren Kane Porta »

Our annual banquet is right around the corner, Sunday, February 5 beginning at 10 a.m. at the Hacienda in Santa Ana. It is time again to recognize our accomplishments of the last year as we come together to celebrate our 2016 Solo season. Be there to cheer on the friends you've been battling all year as they (or you!) receive awards. Equally important, see what your fellow competitors look like when they clean up and leave their helmets at home. There will be great food, good friends, awesome raffle prizes, and lots of fun, so don't miss out!

Pre-registration is required: https://www.motorsportreg.com/events/20 ... -ii-133265

Even if you will be attending the ceremony only and not eating, please register so we can give the Hacienda an accurate count on both the food order and number of chairs needed.
Adults - $30
Couples - $50
Children 17 and under - $20
Ceremony only, no eating - $0

Registration closes January 21.
Lauren Kane Porta

Re: It's Awards Time! 2016 Solo Banquet Feb. 5

As a reminder, banquet registration closes Saturday, January 21. There will be NO on-site registration. If you plan to attend, you must pre-register by January 21.
Craig Naylor
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Based upon our current 47 registrations*... It's not going to be the party it typically is.

Peeps... SIGN UP!!
... or don't better odds on raffle prizes for the rest of us! haha

(* - looks like spouses aren't showing)
Lauren Kane Porta

Craig Naylor wrote:Based upon our current 47 registrations*... It's not going to be the party it typically is.

Peeps... SIGN UP!!
... or don't better odds on raffle prizes for the rest of us! haha

(* - looks like spouses aren't showing)
Craig, only admins can login and see the total number broken down by category. There are currently 83 people as of 10 pm on Friday.
Craig Naylor
Car#: 80

Post by Craig Naylor »

Lauren Kane wrote:
Craig Naylor wrote: (* - looks like spouses aren't showing)
Craig, only admins can login and see the total number broken down by category. There are currently 83 people as of 10 pm on Friday.
The point was,
- it was a dismally low number
- I was encouraging people to sign up
- Then making a joke that those who were signed up had better odds at the raffle... if they didn't.
- A little disclaimer showing my recognition that the number was not all inclusive.

But your right,... the biggest takeaway from my post, was my poorly chosen disclaimer, that was not inclusive of all the excluded registrants showing on the published list. My apologies to non-spouse couples.

Let me try again, to cover all of the potential categories (of couples) who might not be included in the total...
(* - looks like husbands/wives aren't showing, when the reverse/or same, did the registration)
(* - looks like those who identify husbands/wives aren't showing, when the reverse/or same, did the registration)
(* - looks like boy/girl-friends aren't showing, when the reverse/or same, did the registration)
(* - looks like those who identify as boy/girl-friends aren't showing, when the reverse/or same, did the registration)
(* - looks like those who identify as a couple, but don't like labels such as husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend aren't showing, when...)

and the outlier...
(* - looks like those who could not read the definition of a couple, and clicked couple any... aren't showing)

... and children, who I realized, but didn't actually state...

Better? :D
Last edited by Craig Naylor on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Chad-1stGen
Club: CASOC
Car#: 268

Post by Chad-1stGen »

Looks like the deadline was extended one week? Waiting to make sure my couples entry cancel goes through before resigning up solo.
Lauren Kane Porta

Chad-1stGen wrote:Looks like the deadline was extended one week? Waiting to make sure my couples entry cancel goes through before resigning up solo.
Yes, we got an extension from the Hacienda to give our final guest count a week out instead of two.
Anthony P.
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 30

Post by Anthony P. »

Chad-1stGen wrote:Looks like the deadline was extended one week? Waiting to make sure my couples entry cancel goes through before resigning up solo.
Cancelation confirmed for your couple entry
Lauren Kane Porta

Banquet registration was extended to Saturday, January 28 to accommodate late signups. Please spread the word and let your racing friends know!
Lauren Kane Porta

For those who could not attend the banquet yesterday, here are links to the program (which lists champions, trophy winners, and special award winners), plus the photo gallery.

Banquet program: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3Q_QS ... sp=sharing

Banquet photos: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... ff6816e83e
George Schilling
Club Representative
Car#: 66

Post by George Schilling »

Thank you Lauren for the links and your efforts in putting this together. :clap: :thumbup: :D :clap:

For those who didn't attend, it was a wonderful event with lots of smiles, great food, great company, lots of prizes, and a wonderful program. Kudos to all those involved. :clap: :clap: :clap:
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Stephen Yeoh
Solo Chair
Car#: 88

Post by Stephen Yeoh »

Great job to everybody that helped put this event together. Thank you for your help!
Stephen Yeoh
Cal Club Autocross Chair