The March Events Are Now Open For Registration

For coordinating upcoming events and remembering past ones.

Moderators: Mike Simanyi, Christine Grice, Rick Brown

George Schilling
Club Representative
Club: CASOC
Car#: 66

The March Events Are Now Open For Registration

Post by George Schilling »

We're back at El Toro. Seriously, it could end any time! This will definitely be a sell-out. Regular club members will receive priority until the entry list is published. Please click here to register.

Please read the fliers carefully as there have been changes, primarily regarding pricing. Prices have gone up. In addition, for Autocross Sunday events, take advantage of the Early Registration Discount. Register anytime between now and Saturday, midnight, one week prior to the event and save $10.

Click here to register.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Brian Tilley

Re: The March Events Are Now Open For Registration

Post by Brian Tilley »

I'm seeing the 2/19 run order, FYI.
Kai Hur
Club: SCNAX
Car#: 114

Post by Kai Hur »

I'll volunteer for tech chief if available..
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director
Club: PSCC
Car#: 240

Post by Rick Brown »

Brian Tilley wrote:I'm seeing the 2/19 run order, FYI.
Haven't done the groups yet, but should be just a rotation of February.
Since light is faster than sound...many people look bright until they speak...
George Schilling
Club Representative

Kai Hur wrote:I'll volunteer for tech chief if available..
Thank you Kai. You're it.
CASOC Autocross Club, 1984 Van Diemen RF-84, 1600cc Kent, Hewland Mk9, Centerline 2 pc. wheels, Hoosier R25B, SuperTrapp, Zimmer Alloclassic titanium left hip w/Metasul LDH chromium-cobalt lg dia head
Tom Berry
Former CSCC Overall Champion
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

Looking for a course designer for the March event at El Toro.
Steve Ekstrand
Solo Safety Steward
Car#: 15

Post by Steve Ekstrand »

I'll do yutes. Will we be running Juniors at end of day on Saturday?
Dr. Conemangler
aka The Malefic One
2015 Wildcat Honda F600
George Schilling
Club Representative

Steve Ekstrand wrote:Will we be running Juniors at end of day on Saturday?
That's what is planned at the moment Steve. However, nothing is finalized until demand is confirmed. We are only 2/3 to the required number of participants for the preliminary plan to work.
Reed Gibson
Current CSCC Overall Champion
Club: SCNAX

Post by Reed Gibson »

If a veteran designer is willing to supervise I'd like to take another shot at designing course if the position isn't filled yet!
Tom Berry
Car#: 72

Post by Tom Berry »

rmgibson wrote:If a veteran designer is willing to supervise I'd like to take another shot at designing course if the position isn't filled yet!
If you are still game... give me a call 909-641-1123
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

March run order:
CLICK HERE
Mike Nakata

Post by Mike Nakata »

I am showing up with the kids and would much prefer to run the gokarts at lunch.....they have a birthday party to go to in how early afternoon....

So you can add +2 more gokarts for the event....Saturday
Mike Nakata

Post by Mike Nakata »

Also...can we run the gokarts on Sunday with just a few volunteers for their work assignment....?
Mihail Milkov

Post by Mihail Milkov »

I just noticed that, after so many years, the registration fees and rules changed starting from this March event. Unless I am missing something, it is now $30 if you register and pay online at least a week earlier, $40 if you pay online within a week from the event and $45 if you pay at the event. I wish there were an email announcing these registration rule changes so that I could do the early registration.
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member
Club: No$
Car#: 11

Post by KJ Christopher »

Mihail Milkov wrote:I just noticed that, after so many years, the registration fees and rules changed starting from this March event. Unless I am missing something, it is now $30 if you register and pay online at least a week earlier, $40 if you pay online within a week from the event and $45 if you pay at the event. I wish there were an email announcing these registration rule changes so that I could do the early registration.
Mihail,

I probably don't possess the diplomatic skills to not sound like a smart-ass, so I'll just apologize up front and note that it isn't intended that way. However, we've been pleading on the forums and through email for a few years now that early registration really helps us out in event planning. It's nice to know that we now have people's attention by increasing the registration fee a few dollars for those who procrastinate.

KJ
kj
Use the email link. I don't read nor get notified of PMs.
Former No$ Club Rep | Former SCCA Area 11 Director |Former CSCC Solo Chair
Caged Z Motorsports - automotive consultation
The ACME Special Now with Super Speed Vitamins
Marshall Grice

Post by Marshall Grice »

well sh#$. i even have access to the eboard forum and didn't see this coming. :roll:
Nic Sanchez
Car#: 67

Post by Nic Sanchez »

I understand the purpose for it, but the execution of the change leaves a lot to be desired.

An assumption is made that all participants read the "Open for Registration" topics when they are first created. Yes I know a lot of participants do for information on the practices but not everybody.
There is no mention of prices increasing, only "Register anytime between now and Saturday, midnight, one week prior to the event and save $10."

How are the participants who don't access the forum are going to find out about the increase.

Was there a vote by the Board to increase prices?

Nic
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

George Schilling wrote:Please read the fliers carefully as there have been changes, primarily regarding pricing. Prices have gone up. In addition, for Autocross Sunday events, take advantage of the Early Registration Discount. Register anytime between now and Saturday, midnight, one week prior to the event and save $10.
Nic Sanchez wrote:Ihere is no mention of prices increasing, only "Register anytime between now and Saturday, midnight, one week prior to the event and save $10."
kj
Nic Sanchez
Car#: 67

Post by Nic Sanchez »

My mistake. The explanation of the price increase for Sunday's Autocross was clear and concise.

So the people who do not access our Forum, their first knowledge of the price increase will be when they arrive on Sunday?

Was this voted on by the Board?

Nic
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Nic Sanchez wrote:My mistake. The explanation of the price increase for Sunday's Autocross was clear and concise.

So the people who do not access our Forum, their first knowledge of the price increase will be when they arrive on Sunday?

Was this voted on by the Board?

Nic
Yes, the price increase was voted on by the Board.

For those who just show up on Sunday and don't pre-register, yes - they would find out about the $5 price increase when they arrived. For those who pre-register, they would find out about the new discounts for early pre-registration and regular pre-registration when they logged in to MSR.

We should probably do a Facebook post on the pre-reg discounts. I'll ask Lauren to do that.
kj
Mihail Milkov

Post by Mihail Milkov »

What happens if you register and pay online and then, for some unforeseen reason, cannot attend the event? Does the registration fee get forfeited? This was not an issue before since I could register online but pay $30 at the site. Now there is a significant price difference ($30 if you register and pay online early, $45 at the site) so I think it is important to know what the consequences are in case you cannot attend.
David Barrish
Car#: 58

Post by David Barrish »

George,

I need to cancel for the practice on Saturday. We are hoping to get on site in the afternoon so Samuel can take advantage of the kids kart practice.

David Barrish
KJ Christopher
Executive Board Member

Post by KJ Christopher »

Mihail Milkov wrote:What happens if you register and pay online and then, for some unforeseen reason, cannot attend the event? Does the registration fee get forfeited? This was not an issue before since I could register online but pay $30 at the site. Now there is a significant price difference ($30 if you register and pay online early, $45 at the site) so I think it is important to know what the consequences are in case you cannot attend.
For Sundays, we'll refund (or possibly credit forward). Here is the cancellation policy from the registration site:
If you cancel a pre-paid entry please contact the CSCC Solo Treasurer for a refund.
kj
Rick Brown
Current Solo Director

Post by Rick Brown »

Mihail Milkov wrote:..........This was not an issue before since I could register online but pay $30 at the site. Now there is a significant price difference ($30 if you register and pay online early, $45 at the site) so I think it is important to know what the consequences are in case you cannot attend.
You can still register online and pay at the event. The amount due at the event shows in the Registration computer and is based on when you pre-registered. The price change at midnight a week before the event is built into the MSR registration system and is automatic. Also built into the system now is Solo$ (they can no longer be redeemed at the event). If you have won any, they are now in the MSR system and offered when you get to the payment screen. You can apply whatever you want to your online payment. Any balance due will be shown at the Registration computer at the event.
Jayson Woodruff
Car#: 51

Post by Jayson Woodruff »

I believe it's the new "Early/Late" pre-reg structure that's catching people. Prices/policies have been the same for better part of a decade, now there's a change mid-season. Also because of the consistency most people have waited until the last week to pre-reg, which if they didn't read the forum post in detail last month (I've read it several times, still not all that clear) the facebook post is now their first notice that we're paying a late fee.

Could have been handled better.

Also, when did the meeting night change? I had items put on the agenda and missed it last night since by a similar scenario the meeting night changed from when it's been the previous 15 years+.

Jay W